2,500 miles in 6 days!!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I found this: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10187873-0001.pdf
In this document Porsche states that it is the AC charging that is not working, but DC charging should work fine.
Also they specifically instruct the Porsche Centers not to deliver cars affected.
Does this problem applies to your issue?

PS. I used public information on the NHTSA website to generate this list of Porsche Taycan related documents on their website: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...h-cant-find-any-phones.5430/page-2#post-76852
this is not the problem that I am having, I have the 19.2 onboard charger and it is DC charging specifically at EA chargers that is not working properly.
but thanks for posting this info.
Sponsored

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
the problem is NOT with the charging units, yes EA can improve, the problem is that the car is not charging on working units.
the car is the problem not the EA chargers
haven't experienced that problem; the only charging challenges I have faced have been due to chargers. but I don't have the 19.2 so I am not familiar with your issues.
No question, Porsche needs to own up to issues and get them fixed. Their promotional materials make it all seem perfect and we know the situation is far from it. Still a great car, just needs to improve.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
@kort , I am not sure if this post is helpful or not. However, I have the faster onboard charger as well and for what it is worth, it would not sync/be recognized with charge point, Blink or EA in the first weeks (I tested all three before going on a road trip).
I took it back into the dealership, explained everything that was going on (lots of other weird things, like audio level being locked, PCM issues) and walked them through everything I was doing at the charging stations. After the "EV expert" listened to me, they realized it was not just human error. So, they kept if for almost 7 days, went through the data, saw that it was indeed having error codes when initiating charging, implemented fixes and it now gets up and charging with every charger that I have gone to.
There has only been one quirky thing when at a hotel, the slow charger actually didn't stop at my set profile at 80% and went to 100%. Other than that, I have been good to go.
Now, that said, I have yet to go to an EA charger and have 'plug'n'charge' work. I have always had to plug it in, let it recognize the vehicle, then open the ChargeNA app (have found this to be key, if you open the app for the station before your car is recognized, I sometimes get issues), tap the charger and hit 'start charging'. No problems since.
I only mention this as you 'may' be having the same issue as I did in the beginning and I hope if you have them go through the same process, you can get the update/fix that you need as well.
If you want to DM me, I am happy to give you my dealers info and allow them to release my service records to your dealer and share what they did to fix mine.
Believe me, I was where you were at! When I went in to the dealership, my salesmen asked me how I liked the car and (not thinking of where I was standing) said, 'to be honest, it is a POS and completely unreliable'. It was true at the time, yet it has got better.
I think there are some lessons to be learned here for dealers. I would recommend that they do not take delivery and let it sit. I would recommend that they keep is connected to their wifi and allow it to go through the OTA updates that mine did over the first month or so. I could not see all of them as actual 'updates', however that is the only way I can explain how some things got corrected.
I think Porsche should consider a hidden 'dealer profile' that allows then to connect to wifi, or use the onboard SIM card and enable OTA auto-updates while they are in transit for delivery or sitting on the lot waiting to be picked up (or bought if you didn't order). Just a thought.
At any rate, I hope this is helpful and you can find a resolution to your angst, I know I was about to literally sell it and go back to my Panamara, but buy a new one.
Wishing you the best,

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
@kort , I am not sure if this post is helpful or not. However, I have the faster onboard charger as well and for what it is worth, it would not sync/be recognized with charge point, Blink or EA in the first weeks (I tested all three before going on a road trip).
I took it back into the dealership, explained everything that was going on (lots of other weird things, like audio level being locked, PCM issues) and walked them through everything I was doing at the charging stations. After the "EV expert" listened to me, they realized it was not just human error. So, they kept if for almost 7 days, went through the data, saw that it was indeed having error codes when initiating charging, implemented fixes and it now gets up and charging with every charger that I have gone to.
There has only been one quirky thing when at a hotel, the slow charger actually didn't stop at my set profile at 80% and went to 100%. Other than that, I have been good to go.
Now, that said, I have yet to go to an EA charger and have 'plug'n'charge' work. I have always had to plug it in, let it recognize the vehicle, then open the ChargeNA app (have found this to be key, if you open the app for the station before your car is recognized, I sometimes get issues), tap the charger and hit 'start charging'. No problems since.
I only mention this as you 'may' be having the same issue as I did in the beginning and I hope if you have them go through the same process, you can get the update/fix that you need as well.
If you want to DM me, I am happy to give you my dealers info and allow them to release my service records to your dealer and share what they did to fix mine.
Believe me, I was where you were at! When I went in to the dealership, my salesmen asked me how I liked the car and (not thinking of where I was standing) said, 'to be honest, it is a POS and completely unreliable'. It was true at the time, yet it has got better.
I think there are some lessons to be learned here for dealers. I would recommend that they do not take delivery and let it sit. I would recommend that they keep is connected to their wifi and allow it to go through the OTA updates that mine did over the first month or so. I could not see all of them as actual 'updates', however that is the only way I can explain how some things got corrected.
I think Porsche should consider a hidden 'dealer profile' that allows then to connect to wifi, or use the onboard SIM card and enable OTA auto-updates while they are in transit for delivery or sitting on the lot waiting to be picked up (or bought if you didn't order). Just a thought.
At any rate, I hope this is helpful and you can find a resolution to your angst, I know I was about to literally sell it and go back to my Panamara, but buy a new one.
Wishing you the best,
thanks for this, I knew that it wasn't user error, despite a couple of very rude well respected users here telling me how big of a nit wit I was when I first posted my concerns, they know who they are.

it was a second fail to charge incident that finally sent me into a "rage" regarding this. I went ballistic at the dealership until in order to calm me down the agreed to look at the car and download it's data to germany. after 3 days they were about to give the car back to me with no fix but then at the last second they called and said that porsche germany sent them instructions on a fix. that is where I am at now, 2+ days waiting for the fix to be applied.
I hope that this fix does the trick or I will go through the lemon law, arbitration process to get rid of the car because if it cannot be reliable on long trips the car is useless to me.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
that sounds about the same time in as mine was.....I am assuming it is the same fix. Good news, if it is, all is well in the world afterward. Best of luck and glad they are addressing it!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
that sounds about the same time in as mine was.....I am assuming it is the same fix. Good news, if it is, all is well in the world afterward. Best of luck and glad they are addressing it!
I haven't received the car back yet, we shall see.
Sponsored