sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
While looking at in stock inventory of a local dealer, I noticed that Porsche now has a special offer on 2020 4S's that have been sitting on lots. It is $1299 a month based on an MSRP of $122,570 (includes delivery, processing, and handling fee) for a Model Year 2020 Taycan 4S with the following options: Premium Package, Performance Battery Plus, 20” Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels, Seat Heating (Front and Rear), On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger, and Porsche Intelligent Range Manager.

Details HERE

Each car will have varying options, but I'm curious if folks that this was a good deal, or nothing at the of ordinary for in-stock cars. When I first inquired about a lease deal on a custom configuration car at around $125k several months ago, it was closer to $2200.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It's not $1,299. It's $1,299 before they tack on another $900. Or $1,299 with a 30k down-payment. Etc.. Those "lease offers" are scams.

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
With $10.8k due at signing, not including tax, reg, dealer fees etc. Effective payment closer to ~$1800-$1900. Not a good deal.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
While looking at in stock inventory of a local dealer, I noticed that Porsche now has a special offer on 2020 4S's that have been sitting on lots. It is $1299 a month based on an MSRP of $122,570
That is not a good deal. I was receiving the same offer for a higher MSRP car 3 months ago when 2020 was current model.
Negotiate a higher discount and make sure they include the federal tax credit as a cap reduction.

Last edited:
OP
OP

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. This was helpful to understand that this isn't that great of a deal.

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
If it were a no $ down lease, it would have a been good deal. I'd recommend buying it and negotiate at least 10% off purchase price if not closer to 15%, plus then you'll get the $7500 tax credit. My finance interest rate was 1.8% in November.

caytan

First Name
Zim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
If it were a no $ down lease, it would have a been good deal. I'd recommend buying it and negotiate at least 10% off purchase price if not closer to 15%, plus then you'll get the $7500 tax credit. My finance interest rate was 1.8% in November.
I don't think dealers have room to discount 15%, I think at most you can get 8% for brand new car. 15% perhaps for demo model. This might change if Porsche gives more incentives at the end of month, but to my knowledge they don't have 10%-15% to give on a new car.

AhsanU

First Name
Ahsan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GT3
Country flag
I don't think dealers have room to discount 15%, I think at most you can get 8% for brand new car. 15% perhaps for demo model. This might change if Porsche gives more incentives at the end of month, but to my knowledge they don't have 10%-15% to give on a new car.
This would be true in a 2021 model, but not a 2020.

I have been able to get 15% off a 2020 4S and am shooting for 20% off a higher MSRP Turbo. Highest I’ve been able to get is 18% off on one but it wasn’t perfect, so I’m still holding off until I find that perfect one.

I’m still weighing options and am thinking it might be best to take a 2020 4S, but if I do - then I’m not taking one unless it has 15% off the MSRP. 2020’s are a year old at this point, and these cars lose a good chunk of their value in the first year.

Reactions: Vik

caytan

First Name
Zim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
This would be true in a 2021 model, but not a 2020.

I have been able to get 15% off a 2020 4S and am shooting for 20% off a higher MSRP Turbo.
If you did on new 2020 model good luck, but you haven't bought it though did you? Unless you have signed it you really don't know whether you have that deal or not.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus, ShelbyBaja, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I got 7% off on a really nice spec 4s (2021 MY) in December of 2020. I was offered 10% on a 2020 from multiple dealers but figured the extra 3% was worth a 2021 since one year old cars depreciate around 20%once driven off the lot.

AhsanU

First Name
Ahsan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GT3
Country flag
If you did on new 2020 model good luck, but you haven't bought it though did you? Unless you have signed it you really don't know whether you have that deal or not.
I know I have the deal because it was already offered to me. Why on earth would a salesperson, after negotiating from 10% to 15%, then finally at 18% after talking to a manager, then go back on that deal?

caytan

First Name
Zim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
I know I have the deal because it was already offered to me. Why on earth would a salesperson, after negotiating from 10% to 15%, then finally at 18% after talking to a manager, then go back on that deal?
To make more money!? Nothing is set until its signed and bought. I do not believe you will get 18% on brand new 2020 before $7500 federal tax credit. On demo model yes.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
While looking at in stock inventory of a local dealer, I noticed that Porsche now has a special offer on 2020 4S's that have been sitting on lots. It is $1299 a month based on an MSRP of $122,570 (includes delivery, processing, and handling fee) for a Model Year 2020 Taycan 4S with the following options: Premium Package, Performance Battery Plus, 20” Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels, Seat Heating (Front and Rear), On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger, and Porsche Intelligent Range Manager.

Details HERE

Each car will have varying options, but I'm curious if folks that this was a good deal, or nothing at the of ordinary for in-stock cars. When I first inquired about a lease deal on a custom configuration car at around $125k several months ago, it was closer to $2200.
Lease deal is going to depend on each individual dealer. This particular price that you see is based on a capitalized cost of $100,600, with a MSRP of $122,750 that would mean 1.) cap reduction of $7,500 tax credit, 2.) cap reduction of $8,345 as quoted (taken from the $10,739.44 drive off fee).

When you do the math, another $6305 (or more, depending on local fees) is going to need to be contributed by the dealer ($6305 off of MSRP) which is only 5%.

5% discount is not bad, however on a 2020MY I would request slightly more. The bottom line is it is a discounted price and not a bad deal by any means.

It is important to note that the money factor on Porsche leases is .00200 (buy rate) so the effective interest rate going to be is 4.8%.

With a Taycan 4S lease, the residual is approximately 55% (can vary based upon a couple of factors such as pre-purchased vehicle service and the miles per year chosen for the lease).

Cliffs notes: Dealer discounted the 2020MY Taycan 4S 5% for this deal.

OP
OP

sun

First Name
Sun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Lease deal is going to depend on each individual dealer. This particular price that you see is based on a capitalized cost of $100,600, with a MSRP of $122,750 that would mean 1.) cap reduction of $7,500 tax credit, 2.) cap reduction of $8,345 as quoted (taken from the $10,739.44 drive off fee).

When you do the math, another $6305 (or more, depending on local fees) is going to need to be contributed by the dealer ($6305 off of MSRP) which is only 5%.

5% discount is not bad, however on a 2020MY I would request slightly more. The bottom line is it is a discounted price and not a bad deal by any means.

It is important to note that the money factor on Porsche leases is .00200 (buy rate) so the effective interest rate going to be is 4.8%.

With a Taycan 4S lease, the residual is approximately 55% (can vary based upon a couple of factors such as pre-purchased vehicle service and the miles per year chosen for the lease).

Cliffs notes: Dealer discounted the 2020MY Taycan 4S 5% for this deal.
I appreciate the break-down. This is super easy to read and understand what's going on with the offer. The car I'm looking at is $128k, so it may make sense to just ask for the same lease on a higher MSRP.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
I appreciate the break-down. This is super easy to read and understand what's going on with the offer. The car I'm looking at is $128k, so it may make sense to just ask for the same lease on a higher MSRP.
Do not hold yourself to the advertised offer that Porsche has nationwide. You can print this and use it in the end if you are unsuccessful in negotiating an acceptable price.

Here are a couple of things to consider. 1.) The supply for all Porsches in general is somewhat limited as they do not mass manufacture cars like other companies do. 2.) This car is a 2020MY vehicle when 2020s have been getting delivered to customers for several months. 3.) There is a reason this car is still in inventory, nobody will really know that answer but the GM of the dealership.

I can offer a story about a Macan Sport that a friend of mine had purchased at a discount in 2020. It was a 2019MY Macan Sport , which is a fully loaded 2.0L Macan that was rather pricey in comparison to other Macan, mainly because the car had pretty much every option available to compliment the large option list of the Macan "Sport" model. This car sat on top of a roof park in Hawaii and was virtually ignored by the dealership and there were no real attempts to bring it down, clean it up and offer on the showroom floor.

One day during a sales meeting, the GM caught a bunch of shit from the corporate owners about the car being in inventory for so long and they were told to get rid of it. Salesperson called some of the usual clients that may have been interested in the can, and my friend was able to pick it up at a $20K discount.

Maybe you can find out why the dealer still has a 2020MY Taycan on the lot and has not sold it yet. Offer up a price that is lower than what you would expect to pay.

There are three constants on the car to consider if you lease. The first is the money factor which is .00200, the residual for the Taycan 4S which should be 55% and the MSRP.

If the dealer comes at you with a MF of greater than .00200, negotiate that back to the buy rate.

Marking up the lease is how the dealer makes money. The residual is not really negotiable, since it is set by Porsche Financial.

The MSRP is always negotiable, often if you see a huge reduction in MSRP, the MF will be stepped on.
Sponsored