2022 Taycan's quality?

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
Collected my MY2022 3 weeks ago, and so far so good. Overall quality is excellent - I was expecting software glitches and unusual ways of doing things (why do the settings not remember where they were when you got out of the car?...), but everything is working as expected, so far.

There is one thing that lets the car down a bit in terms of its quality 'feel'. I had a 964 coupe previously and when you closed the door on that, you knew you had a Porsche! It was like closing a vault. The doors on the Taycan do not sound special or particularly well made - even, dare I say it, a tad 'rattly'. But I put that down to the frameless windows and I expect will get used to it.
Sponsored

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Collected MY21 CT4 a couple weeks ago. Everything works so far as intended. Quality seems great. Have not installed the Porsche app because of reported alarm problems on this Forum. I guess you have to buy a Taycan to enjoy the driving dynamics and not the software, if the software side is very important then Tesla is a better choice.

OP
OP
xqdong

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
Collected my MY2022 3 weeks ago, and so far so good. Overall quality is excellent - I was expecting software glitches and unusual ways of doing things (why do the settings not remember where they were when you got out of the car?...), but everything is working as expected, so far.

There is one thing that lets the car down a bit in terms of its quality 'feel'. I had a 964 coupe previously and when you closed the door on that, you knew you had a Porsche! It was like closing a vault. The doors on the Taycan do not sound special or particularly well made - even, dare I say it, a tad 'rattly'. But I put that down to the frameless windows and I expect will get used to it.
Thanks for sharing and congratulations for the new car.

coming taycan will be my first P car, so everything will be new experience to me.

ChrisXuti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S MY2022
Country flag
Hi guys,

I just got my new taycan MY2022 4S and after almost 3 weeks the 12V Battery died. Keys do not work and emergency key does also not work. I can’t acces the car anymore or the charging ports. The dealer now wants to tow the car onto a trailer but the car is in its parking brake so I am worried this will cause some serious damage. If someone also thinks that let me know. I am also worried about the dealer having to take parts off the car to acces the dead Battery. Can anybody help me to solve this problem? Would mean a lot to me. Thank you!

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There is a recovery sequence for a dead 12V battery published in the Porsche Good to Know app. If you aren't comfortable carrying out the operations, or are missing things needed, a tow truck driver should be able to do it. You still want to get it into Porsche though. The software cause of dead 12V has supposedly been fixed. It's possible you have some new cause, or possibly a truly defective 12V battery.

maudasilva

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
It is encouraging that most of you are happy with the quality level of your Taycan.
I have had too many issues, mostly SW related, but the list is long. See it in the link below. None of them left me stranded anywhere. As a transportation means it has been working.
My car is currently at the dealership. I am not sure what will be fixed. Unless they have new SW version that is not updated over the air, I am not very confident.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/too-many-issues.6921/

DoctorLife

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I received my MY 2021 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S 9 months after order 10 days ago. Issues with connectivity initially, but driving the car was pure perfection, quality superb (interior build better than my previous S class).

I like my seat heating on, so hadn’t noticed until the day after that I could not get any warm air through the climate control…none at all!

Took it to the dealer, who found the fault was a climate control servo. Stated likely need to remove some interior dashboard panels, which they did (I wasn’t happy, in my experience, somebody messes around with the dash, the only outcome are rattles, which I absolutely hate on any car, esp one this expensive). I phoned them, they told me another problem had surfaced after fixing the first problem, coolant pump not working. They needed to find out from Porsche Germany about access and replacement.

I have rejected the car and asked for a full refund which they are obliged to do under UK legislation if rejected within 30 days. Maybe I was being hasty, but Porsche clearly have not fully addressed some quality issues.

Once refunded, I will wait until MY 2023 is released, the hope being some of the quality issues may be sorted by then. Until then, back to my venerable S-class, which I was about to sell, but will keep until the new Taycan arrives - waiting time is longer than 1 year at the moment, but then patience has always been my middle name (That’s not always a good trait to have by the way!).

OP
OP
xqdong

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
Hi guys,

I just got my new taycan MY2022 4S and after almost 3 weeks the 12V Battery died. Keys do not work and emergency key does also not work. I can’t acces the car anymore or the charging ports. The dealer now wants to tow the car onto a trailer but the car is in its parking brake so I am worried this will cause some serious damage. If someone also thinks that let me know. I am also worried about the dealer having to take parts off the car to acces the dead Battery. Can anybody help me to solve this problem? Would mean a lot to me. Thank you!
I received my MY 2021 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S 9 months after order 10 days ago. Issues with connectivity initially, but driving the car was pure perfection, quality superb (interior build better than my previous S class).

I like my seat heating on, so hadn’t noticed until the day after that I could not get any warm air through the climate control…none at all!

Took it to the dealer, who found the fault was a climate control servo. Stated likely need to remove some interior dashboard panels, which they did (I wasn’t happy, in my experience, somebody messes around with the dash, the only outcome are rattles, which I absolutely hate on any car, esp one this expensive). I phoned them, they told me another problem had surfaced after fixing the first problem, coolant pump not working. They needed to find out from Porsche Germany about access and replacement.

I have rejected the car and asked for a full refund which they are obliged to do under UK legislation if rejected within 30 days. Maybe I was being hasty, but Porsche clearly have not fully addressed some quality issues.

Once refunded, I will wait until MY 2023 is released, the hope being some of the quality issues may be sorted by then. Until then, back to my venerable S-class, which I was about to sell, but will keep until the new Taycan arrives - waiting time is longer than 1 year at the moment, but then patience has always been my middle name (That’s not always a good trait to have by the way!).
Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Good reminder that I need first test AC when I get the car.

Last edited:

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
It is encouraging that most of you are happy with the quality level of your Taycan.
I have had too many issues, mostly SW related, but the list is long. See it in the link below. None of them left me stranded anywhere. As a transportation means it has been working.
My car is currently at the dealership. I am not sure what will be fixed. Unless they have new SW version that is not updated over the air, I am not very confident.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/too-many-issues.6921/
This post is very disturbing. I hope all these gets fixed.
I just got allocation. I dropped porsche innodrive after reading your post (and one other post).

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Good reminder that I need first test AC when I got the car.
+1
I was worried when I saw too many issues with Taycan. This post helped me to regain some confidence. Just got an allocation. So, will see how it goes.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
I have an allocation for a CT Turbo S coming in 2022 and I too am concerned about potential issues. Don't care much about unintuitive menus or bad UX, I'm in software and can figure it out. My main worry is about safety issues like the power loss, particularly the sudden lock ups on the highway. I hope those have been/will be addressed via software updates by the time my car arrives.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi guys,

I would start a new thread for this.
You are more likely to get the responses you are looking for.
?
Sponsored