iipabrewer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Enjoying my 21' Taycan 4S
Country flag
When does Porsche generally start producing the next MY. I know this varies by manufacturer (BMW tends to be around July).

I ask as my car is due to be completed production on July 1st so am wonder if that is the tail end of MY22.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Porsche generally starts production for the next MY after the summer factory closure, which is a period of about 2 weeks that aligns with Baden-Wuerttemberg's school vacation schedule. This year, schools will be closed from 7/29 - 9/9, so I assume that the MY change will fall into that time frame. I do not believe the exact dates for Zuffenhausen are public (yet).

Leipzig will be closed 7/23-8/12 ("Vom 23.07.2022 bis einschließlich 12.08.2022 sind das Porsche Experience Center Leipzig und das Porsche Werk Leipzig aufgrund von Werksferien geschlossen.")

Hope this helps...

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
When does Porsche generally start producing the next MY. I know this varies by manufacturer (BMW tends to be around July).

I ask as my car is due to be completed production on July 1st so am wonder if that is the tail end of MY22.

Thoughts?
right after your 2022 order locks - no matter what date that is - :cool:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Thoughts?
As per above but note that the configurator changed to MY23 a few weeks back.

I expect your car will be MY22.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag

Thoughts?
Autumn 2024 probably.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I think my projected build start of 7/8 with 7/15 completion is the cutoff for MY2022. @jld1 had the same build date earlier this month, but his suddenly got pushed to a MY2023 recently with an 8/26 production start

This lines up with the summer factory closures discussed above

amyceo

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan S & Taycan S
Country flag
My production date is July 29th with a delivery at my dealer in NY 9/23. I am hoping they speed that up.
Sponsored