W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
At the risk of sounding like a broken record (a vinyl one, for the millenials): here is one member who calculates that the average total consumption figure is bogus, plus others sharing this same experience:

My mathematical mind's intuition was right ! Our Taycan's consumption figures are way off ! | TaycanForum -- Porsche Taycan Owners, News, Discussions, Forums

My own total average consumption figure is now down to 16.8 - and that is simply BS, though I would be happy to believe it.
Mine's not and 3.2 miles / kWh, Total Since trip setting never reset from day 1 (Nov'20) ~ 259 miles and delighted with that.
Sponsored

Mr Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (going), Taycan RWD (incoming)
Country flag
Just to be clear about this, the member who made the spreadsheet and related calculations showing that the total average consumption figure as displayed is wrong, noted the following:

"(...) only the total trip consumption is off. The rest is okay, the guess-o-meter and the current trip average and average from last charge are okay. It is a matter of somebody messing up in the formula they used, but only this small part. The rest, which is the most important, I find very accurate."

I agree with this - when driving, the current estimates and consumption figures are all what counts for me, and these seem to be correct. Just don't believe the total average figure, which is likely around 20% below the actual consumption - BTW, I never did a reset since day 1.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just to be clear about this, the member who made the spreadsheet and related calculations showing that the total average consumption figure as displayed is wrong, noted the following:

"(...) only the total trip consumption is off. The rest is okay, the guess-o-meter and the current trip average and average from last charge are okay. It is a matter of somebody messing up in the formula they used, but only this small part. The rest, which is the most important, I find very accurate."

I agree with this - when driving, the current estimates and consumption figures are all what counts for me, and these seem to be correct. Just don't believe the total average figure, which is likely around 20% below the actual consumption - BTW, I never did a reset since day 1.
So what is your Total Since km/kWh?

This is my only point of interest.

Mr Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (going), Taycan RWD (incoming)
Country flag
So what is your Total Since km/kWh?

This is my only point of interest.
Did you actually look at that spreadsheet by member Pozuelo? It's quite convincing stuff, which took him quite some time to assemble.

FWIW - my reported average total after 8000+ miles is 2.7Kwh/mile, or 16.8 kwh/100km.. On most days/trips I will never achieve this figure.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Did you actually look at that spreadsheet by member Pozuelo? It's quite convincing stuff, which took him quite some time to assemble.

FWIW - my reported average total after 8000+ miles is 2.7Kwh/mile, or 16.8 kwh/100km.. On most days/trips I will never achieve this figure.
Thx

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I am glad my time spent on the spreadsheets is appreciated and understood by some members. On my extended trip, over 12,000 kms, I ran very high consumption and increased my total mileage by almost a third. This should have made the cumulative consumption shoot up, yet it only increased ever so slightly. As a matter of fact, the total consumption data is below most of the trip segments. This is absolutely impossible mathematically. So I stand by my previous statements. The guess-o-meter is quite accurate, although when you change driving habits abruptly, it takes a little long to adapt. The individual segment data is accurate as well. The only problem lies with the cumulative consumption. If you want to peruse my data from my road trip, try this:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...madrid-road-trip-spreadsheet-with-data.11556/

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
262 miles is the most I've ever seen to date for me. Normally at 100% I show between 242-247 miles but this time it was 262 miles.

Car is in Southern California and I have a CT4 with the 21-inch CT design wheels so fairly happy with even 240'ish range, let alone 262.

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? IMG_9220

Headake

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
How do you guys drive to get that far distances at 100%?
I own a Turbo S and mostly see only less than 400km... mostly 360+ or similar.

I guess it depends on the driving-style but im curious to check the max capacity myself. Range-Mode all the way and no boosting? Or can i get the real distance somehow shown which doesnt use my driveing-style and consumption as a base to calculate?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
How do you guys drive to get that far distances at 100%?
I own a Turbo S and mostly see only less than 400km... mostly 360+ or similar.

I guess it depends on the driving-style but im curious to check the max capacity myself. Range-Mode all the way and no boosting? Or can i get the real distance somehow shown which doesnt use my driveing-style and consumption as a base to calculate?
The high potential range is misleading as a) the battery is warm from a charging session, b) ambient temp is mid 20s, c) the car doesn't know how or how far you are going to drive, d) assume Performance Battery Plus for the highest ranges..and no doubt a few other things besides.

AC off will add miles for sure.

Range mode will add a few but not many.

Trip readings for a single journey will give you a consumption figure - short journeys the number will be low and longer ones higher (typically).

Total Trip Since will give you an average since you last reset it. If you haven't then the consumption figure will be a good average for the life of the car.

The main Porsche Taycan website has a range estimator which is quite useful as you can tune to suit your use case more or less.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
interesting stats. My consumption would be similar to @Pozuelo with long distance driving. Mostly French, Italian and German motorways. And my range at 100% is normally at 350 to 360 km range. Would love to have more range.

Turbo with 21 inch Mission E. Car has a total of 17k miles now.

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? 29AAC691-0EE2-41FB-B87F-171100E24257

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Mine went down to almost 300 kms. while driving in Germany and on motorways through Europe. When I started I was seeing 380, because I had driven lot in warm weather and on secondary roads with speed limits of 90km/h and some suburban use. Hope to see it inch up next week., when I resume driving after a few days away with the wife, without the Taycan :giggle:

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Latest full charge estimate max range, not shabby, can't complain 👍🏼

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? received_1697853563898433

Lofty

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Disco 5, Defender V8
Country flag
Mine regularly shows 270-290. Oddly it has improved with mileage. Just short of 20,000 miles in my turbo since March 21 and last 100% charge was last Thursday and we had 293miles as I was leaving my office.

Porsche Taycan 271 miles!  100% charged. What’s your range shown? 3188AD57-DF81-446B-89FA-061378B79F0F

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Mine regularly shows 270-290. Oddly it has improved with mileage. Just short of 20,000 miles in my turbo since March 21 and last 100% charge was last Thursday and we had 293miles as I was leaving my office.

3188AD57-DF81-446B-89FA-061378B79F0F.jpeg
1. That's awesome 👍🏼

2. Please God Clean that touch screen 🤣