Battery Range: Is 100% full charge of 188 miles the best I can expect?

JerryLNK

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22TAYCAN, 21MB C300, 23BMW X3
Country flag
Is 100% full charge of 188 miles the best I can expect on my Taycan now or can I somehow improve this?
I have the 79.2 kWh battery. This is the range I usually have 6 to 9 months. In this case, snapshot was taken in September. Don't remember outside temps, maybe 70 F / 20 C. It's more than sufficient for my road trips.

Porsche Taycan Battery Range: Is 100% full charge of 188 miles the best I can expect? IMG_0923
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
3.1 mi/kWh
For what it's worth, that's my reported average over my 17 months with my Turbo CT on 20" wheels. (Taycans appear to underestimate consumption, but if we assume that they do so consistently, it would be valid to compare results between our vehicles).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
At current cold temperatures it's 1.3-1.6 miles/Kwh doing short 6 mile journey's through slow moving stop/start city traffic, which doesn't help.
IME going slowly in heavy traffic uses very little battery, as long as you are not accelerating hard at every opportunity.
What uses a huge amount of electricity in the first 5 to 10 miles is warming up the cabin and battery.
I have put the consumption display with map and radio on the split screen on the PCM display and the consumption is huge at first and slowly improves.
I think short journeys in winter are even worse for efficiency than even IC engined cars.

Poshfpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S ID3
Country flag
For what it's worth, that's my reported average over my 17 months with my Turbo CT on 20" wheels. (Taycans appear to underestimate consumption, but if we assume that they do so consistently, it would be valid to compare results between our vehicles).
My 4S CT has 11,700 miles in 11 months on 20" wheels and is showing an average of 2.7mi/kwh. That includes separate Winter and Summer tyres. Living on London kills it though, loads of short cold runs at 1-1.5mi/kwh. Generally charge to 80 or 90% and yesterday that would have been 222 miles at 100%.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
My 4S CT has 11,700 miles in 11 months on 20" wheels and is showing an average of 2.7mi/kwh. That includes separate Winter and Summer tyres. Living on London kills it though, loads of short cold runs at 1-1.5mi/kwh. Generally charge to 80 or 90% and yesterday that would have been 222 miles at 100%.
I'm guessing that in everyday driving on British roads, only a small proportion of time is spent near the limit of a 4S's power capability- never mind that of a Turbo- so maximum power capability will be less of a factor in differentiating consumption than typical journey profile, tyre sizes, usage of heating/aircon (this latter factor being one that I suspect I'm at the lower end of the usage range).

b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Is 100% full charge of 188 miles the best I can expect on my Taycan now or can I somehow improve this?
I think it all depends on the weather and the temperature of the battery .. here is the best I've had

Porsche Taycan Battery Range: Is 100% full charge of 188 miles the best I can expect? tempImagefNBBZl

OP
OP
Rona

Rona

First Name
Rona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan - Cayenne
Country flag
😮 do you have the bigger battery or is that from the standard one?

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I'm consistently getting the 100% SoC equivalent of around 400 km (250 miles) in summer. GTS, 21" wheels, 15 to 20 Centigrade, medium trip length (average around 25 km) on mostly B roads, Normal mode, AC on Eco. Agree with @f1eng that the start of journeys take much energy for heating - even in Norwegian summer that means a lot. Preconditioning interior and battery would help considerably on consumption for short trips.

I'd like to repeat my suggestion that it would have been really helpful for understanding the guesstimator if the estimated range was shown with the consumption calculated with at the moment (e.g. 300 km @ 24 kWh/100 km, or 187 miles @ 2.6 miles/kWh).

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it all depends on the weather and the temperature of the battery .. here is the best I've had

tempImagefNBBZl.png
While it’s certainly possible in the right spec and conditions, that’s your guesstimator, not your actual range…

b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
😮 do you have the bigger battery or is that from the standard one?
I only have the standard one . this is it set to Range once it was fully charged

b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
While it’s certainly possible in the right spec and conditions, that’s your guesstimator, not your actual range…
Aah yeah you're right .. this was me just before setting off on a long journey it was a nice sight to see just before we set off
Sponsored