Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Thanks Swissbob. I'm keeping the Gentian Blue order. :)

Looks nice.

-ThinkMac-
Don’t think you’ll regret it. It looks stunning especially when it’s freshly washed and in the sunshine. Even the Porsche tech commented on how nice the colour is. It does show the dirt though so I find myself washing it every week, something I’ve never done with previous cars
Sponsored

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Don’t think you’ll regret it. It looks stunning especially when it’s freshly washed and in the sunshine. Even the Porsche tech commented on how nice the colour is. It does show the dirt though so I find myself washing it every week, something I’ve never done with previous cars
What type of wash do you use? Like a DIY wash or a machine wash?

Last edited:

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Argh the dreaded alarm is back. Out on the drive in the rain last evening went off 3 times. Bugger…

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Argh the dreaded alarm is back. Out on the drive in the rain last evening went off 3 times. Bugger…
oh no! i'm away on business mine been with OPC all week new sensors fitted and no false alarms so far i'm home and car back tomorrow what did they do with yours to address issues?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
If you provide them with the exact date and times the alarm went off, can Porsche pull logs to investigate. For all the issues I have with Tesla service (mostly their corporate policies by the way, the actual service people are usually great), they have always been able to remotely pull logs from my car and let me know things like what triggered some bad behavior. Heck, my wife's Tesla lost all of it's settings last week. I did a factory reset to set everything up from scratch, which worked, except the car also lost some security keys needed for the phone app to control the car (unlock, driver, etc). I pinged Tesla service via their chat feature in the app, they texted back few hours later that they redeployed the security keys to my wife's car, I verified, the app started working again. Does Porsche have a similar way to diagnose and/oir repair software issues remotely?

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you provide them with the exact date and times the alarm went off, can Porsche pull logs to investigate. For all the issues I have with Tesla service (mostly their corporate policies by the way, the actual service people are usually great), they have always been able to remotely pull logs from my car and let me know things like what triggered some bad behavior. Heck, my wife's Tesla lost all of it's settings last week. I did a factory reset to set everything up from scratch, which worked, except the car also lost some security keys needed for the phone app to control the car (unlock, driver, etc). I pinged Tesla service via their chat feature in the app, they texted back few hours later that they redeployed the security keys to my wife's car, I verified, the app started working again. Does Porsche have a similar way to diagnose and/oir repair software issues remotely?
Porsche connect app records this information

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh no! i'm away on business mine been with OPC all week new sensors fitted and no false alarms so far i'm home and car back tomorrow what did they do with yours to address issues?
quick update 48hrs plus since my new internal sensors fitted and the alarm issue has not reoccurred since

Monkeymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, e-Golf, Austin Mini, +
Country flag
Hi again,

I have an update. Today, it said ”Front left indicator faulty”. I took a video showing the proboem and contacted the seller and he sayd it needed reparation because one of the blinkers is faulty. The seller also stated that an ultrasound sensor may be broken and also needs reparation, and that’s why the interior survelliance keeps going off.
Really disappointed.
I will post more updates soon, when I know more.
My CT4 has both the interior alarm being triggered at random times and I have been getting a "Front right indicator faulty" error despite it appearing to function normally. I have an appointment to address the alarm and I just put in clear side markers today so I'll see if the indicator error continues.

I also have a weird issue where the charging screen on the main display sometimes changes the tabs at the top to German, but then goes back to English when I navigate the menu.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
My CT4 has both the interior alarm being triggered at random times and I have been getting a "Front right indicator faulty" error despite it appearing to function normally. I have an appointment to address the alarm and I just put in clear side markers today so I'll see if the indicator error continues.

I also have a weird issue where the charging screen on the main display sometimes changes the tabs at the top to German, but then goes back to English when I navigate the menu.
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo Problems B79D378F-BBF1-4DEC-B435-B3306F19EEC7

I also got the front left indicator faulty a couple of times even if it works fine. Did not think it has any relation to the alarm problem though, but it showed after entering the car after alarm went off so it could be related for all I know.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Hi again,

I have an update. Today, it said ”Front left indicator faulty”. I took a video showing the proboem and contacted the seller and he sayd it needed reparation because one of the blinkers is faulty. The seller also stated that an ultrasound sensor may be broken and also needs reparation, and that’s why the interior survelliance keeps going off.
Really disappointed.
I will post more updates soon, when I know more.
@Cyberdriver888 : I've been sitting outside of the restaurant, when alarm started without any reason.
When I came back to the car, I got this " Front left blinker faulty"... but it works normal.
Just a glitch? :whew:

WJK

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT, 992 GT3 Touring, Ducati SF V4S
Country flag
I also got the same "front left indicator error" once when the alarm went off. I think this indicator error is related to the alarm issue without a doubt. But for now though I just treat it as a glitch since my indicators work just fine and I haven't encountered the error during normal driving. I have no feedback from Porsche apart from that they are working on the issue.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Do you know, that it’s,possible to dissable alarm?
when you lock the car (with key), press twice (instead of once), and you’ll get longer blink… and alarm is dissabled.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Talked to my dealer today and it is most likely a software glitch that is causing this alarm issue. No ETA yet for the fix, but the engineers in Germany is of course doing everything they can at the moment. They told me that when the alarm issue is fixed and when they have the car, to ask them about the faulty left indicator as well, because that it is probably a software glitch too.

OP
OP
Oysterquartz

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Do you know, that it’s,possible to dissable alarm?
when you lock the car (with key), press twice (instead of once), and you’ll get longer blink… and alarm is dissabled.
The dealer said the exact same thing as you.
Sponsored