diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I need to ask, you were doing 154, whipped out your phone and took a picture of the dashboard? Balls of steel!
I have few from my cars maxed out when i was in venezuela 😝

Dodge Neon in 2004
Subaru Impreza 2006

then moved to the US 🥲
Top on the M3 was 123, on the S4 i dont think i got that close to 120.

on the taycan i’ve done fast but not over 120 nor near 154 but i’d snap a photo as well
Sponsored

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Had a chance to test the top speed in my RWD PB+ safely (no pic though) and it topped out at 143 just like the performance figures Porsche publishes. It did not have any change as the speed increased to 143, but just stopped going faster. I am sure it is software limited to keep the RWD slower than the 4s, but felt like it could easily have gone faster.
Maybe Porsche will sell some package like Mercedes is doing to their EVs and let you keep going.
Who knows… i think the same as you. Its SW based.

bluelines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo
Country flag
Very nice :like:

I drove back from Stuttgart to Zürich this afternoon. We visited the Porsche Museum yesterday. Anyway, I had the chance to get the Turbo Cross Turismo to stretch its legs. It goes so quick and feels so planted on the road. Super stable! I had a couple of BMW M and Mercedes AMG that tried to keep up, but no chance:giggle: Especially coming out from road works sections with 60km/h then flooring it up to 230-240km/h. In Sport Plus Mode with the motorsound on it sounds like a TIE Fighter at full charge:rock:;)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Lack of any enforced rules.
Yeah, the good old days, China until 2000-2005, when they started to build infrastructure like crazy, but almost nobody had the money to buy a car yet...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
(I've been up to 145 mph in my 4S. Definitely had more in it - I probably shouldn't try for a whole though)

Ho hum.

Be safe everyone.
Wow!

As someone who clearly appreciates speed are you satisfied with your Taycan 4S accelleration?

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow!

As someone who clearly appreciates speed are you satisfied with your Taycan 4S accelleration?
For me, yes. For all intents and purposes it will out accelerate almost any other car you'll meet.
I have a few bikes that are quicker off the line (under perfect conditions), but the 4S is so effortless and consistent. It's fast enough to be exciting, but not too fast that you have to be anxious.

On another note, I'll be in Portugal next week - about an hour north of Lisbon visiting my Mum. I'll be renting a BMW motorcycle for the week and will be sure to keep all rules ;)

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Drivers in China will get fined for excessive honking no, so the next logical move is to flash your high beams.

In terms of driving etiquette, here's the one to beat:

Entering a small two-way lane to pick up my toddler from daycare with a clear stop sign and school district zone. I slowed down as any normal person would at the stop sign, despite there not having any cars or children around. To my knowledge, this is what you are supposed to do.

Cayenne in the back flashed his high beams like an idiot having a stroke that lost his motor control. This is at a STOP SIGN and school district.

I politely stopped even longer and gave him/her a big fat middle finger and then pointed at the road signs.

If he got out of the car I was ready to punch his face in.

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good on you!
I am a self confessed speeder, but I do keep a safe distance from the car in front and stop at signs. I think it's odd that people get so wound up for little things.

I read about the excessive honking in China, but I think it's only related to certain urban areas. My experience in the past 6 months is that it's normal to give a honk when passing. Of-course that's also normal in India, Philippines and lots of Asian countries.

I think there there should be two horns. One little happy one saying "hey" in a friendly way. And one louder, angrier one, saying "HEYYYYYY"

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Good on you!
I am a self confessed speeder, but I do keep a safe distance from the car in front and stop at signs. I think it's odd that people get so wound up for little things.

I read about the excessive honking in China, but I think it's only related to certain urban areas. My experience in the past 6 months is that it's normal to give a honk when passing. Of-course that's also normal in India, Philippines and lots of Asian countries.

I think there there should be two horns. One little happy one saying "hey" in a friendly way. And one louder, angrier one, saying "HEYYYYYY"
Didn't tesla personalize the "honk"?

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Good on you!

Getting essentially honked at stop sign? How is that little. Or are you talking about the idiot in the Cayenne?

It’s like getting honked at at a red light.

So am I supposed to run the red light? Geez

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Getting essentially honked at stop sign? How is that little.

It’s like getting honked at at a red light.

So am I supposed to run the red light? Geez
I'm on your side! I was meaning that THEY should not have got upset about you stopping.
People need to chill - I'm with you on this

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I'm on your side! I was meaning that THEY should not have got upset about you stopping.
This situation is a trigger for me.

Wife tells me I have I have road rage issues and never try to teach other drivers a lesson.

Any one have any solutions on how to not let this kind of stuff get to you?

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
A true judge of character is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

A lot of these traffic signs seem to be only circumstantial or recommendations here.

The scary thing is the drivers think it's OK and the norm.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wife tells me I have I have road rage issues and never try to teach other drivers a lesson.

Any one have any solutions on how to not let this kind of stuff get to you?
Yes: Use your brain, specifically the rational part of it that can override your emotions when they are a bad idea.

I fully get this. I was the same in my youth, until one day I actually followed a very rowdy driver through traffic on a freeway. The thing ended with a police car that happened to be nearby to pull them out of traffic. And the way they were driving at that point, hopefully with large consequences. I was lucky they did not pull me out instead, "I was just chasing this other reckless driver" is not a good excuse.

But I was shaken the entire drive after it: There are many ways this scenario could have gone wrong, and all for no gain at all.

That was a long, long time ago, and for some reason it eliminated all road rage issues right then and there. I'm super chill now. If there is a driver I'm wary of, does not matter if they are super reckless or just acting weird (e.g. if they're clearly just not a very good driver), I calmly navigate myself away from their vicinity. It feels good, there's a deep feeling of being "content" of successfully having avoided potential trouble. And I get to enjoy my car and my music and all that far away from any psychos.
Sponsored