WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
[Re driving in Naples] Took me about 10 minutes to enter the correct mental state to adapt. My wife, as my co-pilot , understood immediately the logic: You go and everyone's balls will decide who gets to pass. Show indecision and you'll be roadkill.

[..]
Not worth it. I prefer the Italian style. If we were in Naples, the BMW driver would pull a middle finger and call my late mom some words and move on with life after 2 seconds.
Sounds like Athens, but friendlier. Over there you don't get a/the finger, you get all 10. (Deka to malaka! with the accompanying hand/palm sign.)
Sponsored

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Huh, I thought the top speed was 160 something but it looks like that is the Turbo S. The 4S (which I have) is specced at 155 on porsche.com. This would explain why I could not go faster on the track :). Though so far the tracks I have been on only have straight sections long enough to just kiss that speed before needing to brake.

The more you know... 🌠

Edward

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I haven't hit 154 mph in my Taycan 4S, but I have hit an indicated 152 mph on the back straight at Circuit of the America's. However, GPS (Harry's Lap Timer) shows this as 147 mph:

This 3% delta seems consistent with whenever I go past a radar speed sign. e.g. 55 mph on my dashboard shows up as 51-52 mph on the radar.

And as an Austin resident, yes, 130 is both the name and speed of the road. 😇

OP
OP
Tighlines

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I haven't hit 154 mph in my Taycan 4S, but I have hit an indicated 152 mph on the back straight at Circuit of the America's. However, GPS (Harry's Lap Timer) shows this as 147 mph:

This 3% delta seems consistent with whenever I go past a radar speed sign. e.g. 55 mph on my dashboard shows up as 51-52 mph on the radar.

And as an Austin resident, yes, 130 is both the name and speed of the road. 😇
Cool video.
You missed the apex on turn 15...😆👊

Supermarkio

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Haven't had a chance to go over 120mph here in the US in my CT but recall hitting the speed limiter on my new M4 convertible in 2014 on the autobahn from Munich to Switzerland at ca 164 mph :) Have to say the car was as smooth as silk.

Just returned yesterday from Germany on a vacation trip and pushed my rental again on the autobahn to 145 - forgot how much fun that is :)!
Best I’ve managed in a 4S sedan on that autobahn is 253 kph - 157 mph, but it’s rare you get any opportunity to do that on that stretch of the road.

Not because of speed limits, just because it’s two lanes and all the Swiss drivers who are excited by 130 kph seem blissfully unaware that cars go much faster LOVE drifting into the overtaking lane. Plates that begin with LU, ZH or BE are the worst.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
For me, yes. For all intents and purposes it will out accelerate almost any other car you'll meet.
I have a few bikes that are quicker off the line (under perfect conditions), but the 4S is so effortless and consistent. It's fast enough to be exciting, but not too fast that you have to be anxious.
Exactly my experience!

On another note, I'll be in Portugal next week - about an hour north of Lisbon visiting my Mum. I'll be renting a BMW motorcycle for the week and will be sure to keep all rules ;)
Save driving on the twisted roads! :rock:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I read about the excessive honking in China, but I think it's only related to certain urban areas...
A thing of the past in most urban areas. But that does not mean, that the Chinese drive better, gosh!!! And before anybody goes off rail here, I have been a few times to Japan, they all drive perfectly slightly above the speedlimit in cities, so pretty efficient to get around town...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Not because of speed limits, just because it’s two lanes and all the Swiss drivers who are excited by 130 kph seem blissfully unaware that cars go much faster LOVE drifting into the overtaking lane. Plates that begin with LU, ZH or BE are the worst.
Yeah, the lifeskill I have not yet masterd: blissfully unaware driving!

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
Porsche Taycan 4S maxed out at 154 MPH IMG-20230421-WA0000

161 mph with a 4S loaner. Car had less than 2k miles.
That wasn't me 😁

OP
OP
Tighlines

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
IMG-20230421-WA0000.jpg

161 mph with a 4S loaner. Car had less than 2k miles.
That wasn't me 😁
That's awesome.
There is no way mine would get past 154. I wonder if there is a calibration discrepancy between the mph and kph...?