Propofoln

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ouch! But I did notice right rear side cover being lower than the left. It’s an underbody aero piece. Apparently it can get caught especially when you’re going into an underground parking lot that has a breaking slant and the point of the concrete catches it slightly. Sometimes parking stops or bars can also catch it if you reverse park like I do.
that was the rear driver side. Think it was like that when I bought it CPO
Sponsored

PoorShah

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS, 64 Chevelle SS, BMW 7LI, X-Plaid
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Certainly a great reminder to raise the cars. So happy I purchased the adaptive suspension feature.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I thought I would pass without raising the car. Bad judgement because the ramp slants down after passing and caught the jack stand.
Good lesson learned and wanted to remind others not to make the same mistake.
Those speed bumps are killers...poorly implemented. Looks like they even have a steel reinforced ridge to ensure maximum damage to people who might drag. Just pathetic on who put them there!

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Good to know. I have about 6-7 massive bumps I need to get past in my neighborhood. Constantly raising the car I’ll end up looking like this as I roll through

Porsche Taycan Bottomed out in parking lots - damaged side skirts and jack stand bracket (repair info inside) 1706470014159

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2009 911S 2012 Cayenne
Country flag
Good to know. I have about 6-7 massive bumps I need to get past in my neighborhood. Constantly raising the car I’ll end up looking like this as I roll through

1706470014159.gif
By the way, Bose made a prototype jumping car that could jump over logs.

4NIQUES

First Name
Tennika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2022 BMW M4 Competitio Convertible
Country flag
Sorry for your damage and glad to hear it seems a simple enough repair. Can you add what suspension height you were in at the time?
You just asked the question I wanted to know…

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Seriously how can someone install such a bump ? That thing is massive....
I scraped once under my front bumper and even though you don't see much damage, the noise was very painful.. I can't image yours :crying:

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yes I was also contemplating just getting the block and not fixing the tear. However, I’m a bit anal and the more I saw it the more I felt the car was not in pristine condition and decide to do a full fix of both side skirts and all the scratched protection layers that go over the battery.
Timing is everything. I will have 2 OE side skirts and front lower bumper available in the next couple weeks, as I'm installing the OE turbo skirts and bumper upgrades

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This the damage to my 2020 4S skirt that happened while in low chassis setting....curb scrape!
I have bought the skirt, but have yet to install it....do you know of any utube video that shows removal/installation?

Attachments

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
This the damage to my 2020 4S skirt that happened while in low chassis setting....curb scrape!
I have bought the skirt, but have yet to install it....do you know of any utube video that shows removal/installation?
hope that low on Cross Turismo is fine. That is now my default mode now

KLHubb

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suggest that you be careful...on the low chassis setting on my 4S, I will bottom out on speed bumps.

sergey_ja

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
got to scratch the underside of the front bumper twice when approaching speed bumps too fast (not turtle speed). Taycan has these two weird "humps" under the front bumper that sit super low and end up scratching on things. Did not break anything (yet), but noises are always disturbing.
Sponsored