First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Hello Taycan owners / future owners,

I'm here to report that I broke the 50.000 km milestone on my MY2022 RWD PB+! In just 20 months I was able to successfully complete this achievement. Nothing is perfect, I've had red battery warning which eventually cleared itself and never came back, some yellow battery warnings here and there, nothing too major. Heater replaced, charging port replaced, few software updates.

Few stats for nerds like me:

Range: 430-450km with 21" tires;
Battery health: 93% (used Aviloo a few months ago, will be doing another Aviloo test at 100.000km);
Tires: 1 punctured, the rest have 0 wear so far;
Cycle count? 49.399 km (yes I lied in the title) / 350km (pesimistic) = 141 complete cycles ? ;
No cracked windshield (thank GOD);

See you at 100k!

Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Thx for sharing your Soh day - if its OK with you I'd like to add you car to the Baseline SoH Thread data sheet :) If you happen to have a few earlier OBDII readings for this car that we can plot too that would be great (think you hired at least one other data point from that prior Deep Test thread?).
Of course you can use the data. SoH from the Porsche ECU reads 90,81%, Aviloo battery test from 100%-10% discharge measured 93%. Unfortunately, this is all the data I have, which you can find in my videos. Thank you!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Of course you can use the data. SoH from the Porsche ECU reads 90,81%, Aviloo battery test from 100%-10% discharge measured 93%. Unfortunately, this is all the data I have, which you can find in my videos. Thank you!
Excellent thx - can you remind me that ECU reading (was this with PIWIS 'quick read' or your own OBDII tool), did you record the mileage when that was taken vs the mileage at 93% (was this the 49.4K Kms or a lower mileage?)?

Most appreciated, C.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Hello Taycan owners / future owners,

I'm here to report that I broke the 50.000 km milestone on my MY2022 RWD PB+! In just 20 months I was able to successfully complete this achievement. Nothing is perfect, I've had red battery warning which eventually cleared itself and never came back, some yellow battery warnings here and there, nothing too major. Heater replaced, charging port replaced, few software updates.

Few stats for nerds like me:

Range: 430-450km with 21" tires;
Battery health: 93% (used Aviloo a few months ago, will be doing another Aviloo test at 100.000km);
Tires: 1 punctured, the rest have 0 wear so far;
Cycle count? 49.399 km (yes I lied in the title) / 350km (pesimistic) = 141 complete cycles ? ;
No cracked windshield (thank GOD);

See you at 100k!

May I ask you about your heater? I've noticed other posts about this and never paid much attention until the other day when the weather got very cold and I turned the heat to 80F/Auto and nothing happened for the 10 miles or so that it took me to get home. And yes, I was cold when I got there!

Did your heater behave similarly? Others?

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Tires have zero wear at 50k kms? Lol
I’m not able to see visible wear, but it’s normal to have some wear. I did say 0 wear referring to the posts about premature wear, tires having uneven wear because of wrong wheel geometry setup.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
May I ask you about your heater? I've noticed other posts about this and never paid much attention until the other day when the weather got very cold and I turned the heat to 80F/Auto and nothing happened for the 10 miles or so that it took me to get home. And yes, I was cold when I got there!

Did your heater behave similarly? Others?
Mine behaved like this: all week was fine, I preheated every morning. Even saturday morning preheating worked perfevtly. At around 2PM when I wanted to go for s longer drive, I noticed that I’m still cold. Tried increasing temp, still nothing. Then I sent it to the dealership and they told me its the heater which needs replacing.

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
I’m not able to see visible wear, but it’s normal to have some wear. I did say 0 wear referring to the posts about premature wear, tires having uneven wear because of wrong wheel geometry setup.
But surely a number of those 50 000 kms are covered using winter tires? I mean, didn't you start off with a set of 20"s when the car was new?

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your experience. Best wishes for the next 50,000 km.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
I'm @ 43k miles, 18 month ownership. I drive this car everywhere. Canyon carving on the weekends, daily commuter, weekend road tripper.

2 punctures (all rears), just finished 2nd recommended maintenance checkup (1st one was free, 2nd one was $1100, will have to lookup the details on that one, I was in a hurry, didn't have time to argue about it).

Center pod rattles, service center fixed (tape and foam). under carriage protection plate was warp and exposed near rear tire. shop replace plate for a few hundred ($475 I think).

Just noticed glass root have a slight crack, no growth yet, gonna leave it unless it crack grows, cannot feel it from outside or inside, but can visibility see crack marks., smaller than dime radius.

Overall, very trouble free. Got xCare warranty till 142k miles, so will drive this for a while. Or until the 2-door EV comes.

-ThinkMac-

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
But surely a number of those 50 000 kms are covered using winter tires? I mean, didn't you start off with a set of 20"s when the car was new?
Approx 10.000 km with winter tires. 10.000 km with original summer Michelin 20". These 21" tires have more or less 30.000km on them and I discovered today that they are worn on the inside.
Sponsored