6 Weeks in MY22 CT4

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
Hello all,

My contribution in evaluating my Taycan CT4 MY22 config and Porsche North America / Dealer service.

• Taycan CT4 - Powerful enough? To my daily usage absolutely - yes. As I have wrote in previous message unless you have access to curvy hilly roads or Authoban - CT4 is plenty (at least for me! 0 regret. (Anyway only allocation available at the time of order)
  • Cherry Metallic - Was not sure about it, only see it on 911 heritage, in real under the sun - love it! Very classic and discrete.
  • Standard Interior in black / limestone Beige - No complaint, looks very good (used to have full leather with 911, I am not so sure any more of the value of $4000 + of full leather)
  • Off - Road Design Package - Love the look and car being sligthly higher up (no regret)
  • Power Charge Port Cover - Useless but nice gimmick! (no regret)
  • Luggage Compartment Portion Net - Useless waste of money (regret)
  • Porsche Crest on Headrests (front) - useless but look nice (no regret)
  • Roof Rails in Black - Love the look goes with Off road package and I surf so need it.
  • 20” taycan turbo s Wheels - look nice in real - (no regret)
  • NEMA 6-50 - had to change socket in the garage no big deal.
  • Door Sill Guards in Brushed Aluminum - useless but looks much better than plastic (no regret)
  • Sport Chrono - kinda of useless but look good love the compass and somewhat use full to select mode (no regret)
  • Smoking Package - a must to hide those ugly cup holder needed for North American market (and It’s free!)
  • Seat Belt in Bordeaux Red - useless but beautiful! In combination with Cherry Red (no regret)
  • Porsche Electric Sound - Use only when driving in city with pedestrians otherwise they do see/hire you - it does work but it also annoying sound
  • 19.2 kw on board charge, I have 100amps line a home - it charge in 5 hours - a must to me
  • Adanced 4-Zone Climate Control - Useless but look nice (no regret)
  • Porsche Inno Drive - Love it, much better than Audi, I use it all the time - must for me
  • Porsche Intelligent Range Manager - works very well, fairly smart and convenient during trips requiring charging (no regret)
  • Sport Chrono Stopwatch in Bordeaux Red - useless but beautiful! In combination with Cherry Red (no regret)
  • Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass - Useless I do regret this, it seems to have as well an impact with phone reception
  • Premium package (US)
    • Technology package - took it for innodrive came with:
    • HUD - do not really like it
    • Remote parking - useless
    • Passenger screen - useless but I like it in standby showing music title played

Overall I am happy with the config oriented comfort, biggest disappointment is with double layer windows - no big deal.

Experience with dealership was not great - I ll stop there.

At first and at delivery logging was not possible SOS light in Red, logging button grey - Car disappeared 45 min then no logging issue.

Only issue I have is the Alarm going Off randomly like many of us - beside that all is working as expected including plug and charge at EA (I am not convince that driver display staying ON is a bug but more a feature to ensure visual that the car is in Park, if it not stay ON how do we know if car is in park or Neutral / drive in case of towing?)

Love the car design exterior and interior, love the driving for sure and at most! I have no issue with PCM (Crossfinger) now I am use to it from Cayenne and 911.

Hope this is helping.
Happy new year!
Sponsored

TaycanRe

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audi Q4 50
Country flag
Great! Share some photos ?

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
Hello all,

My contribution in evaluating my Taycan CT4 MY22 config and Porsche North America / Dealer service.

• Taycan CT4 - Powerful enough? To my daily usage absolutely - yes. As I have wrote in previous message unless you have access to curvy hilly roads or Authoban - CT4 is plenty (at least for me! 0 regret. (Anyway only allocation available at the time of order)
  • Cherry Metallic - Was not sure about it, only see it on 911 heritage, in real under the sun - love it! Very classic and discrete.
  • Standard Interior in black / limestone Beige - No complaint, looks very good (used to have full leather with 911, I am not so sure any more of the value of $4000 + of full leather)
  • Off - Road Design Package - Love the look and car being sligthly higher up (no regret)
  • Roof Rails in Black - Love the look goes with Off road package and I surf so need it.
  • Door Sill Guards in Brushed Aluminum - useless but looks much better than plastic (no regret)
  • Sport Chrono - kinda of useless but look good love the compass and somewhat use full to select mode (no regret)
  • Smoking Package - a must to hide those ugly cup holder needed for North American market (and It’s free!)
  • Seat Belt in Bordeaux Red - useless but beautiful! In combination with Cherry Red (no regret)
  • Porsche Electric Sound - Use only when driving in city with pedestrians otherwise they do see/hire you - it does work but it also annoying sound
  • 19.2 kw on board charge, I have 100amps line a home - it charge in 5 hours - a must to me
  • Porsche Inno Drive - Love it, much better than Audi, I use it all the time - must for me
  • Porsche Intelligent Range Manager - works very well, fairly smart and convenient during trips requiring charging (no regret)
  • Sport Chrono Stopwatch in Bordeaux Red - useless but beautiful! In combination with Cherry Red (no regret)
  • Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass - Useless I do regret this, it seems to have as well an impact with phone reception
  • Premium package (US)
    • Passenger screen - useless but I like it in standby showing music title played

Overall I am happy with the config oriented comfort, biggest disappointment is with double layer windows - no big deal.

At first and at delivery logging was not possible SOS light in Red, logging button grey - Car disappeared 45 min then no logging issue.

Only issue I have is the Alarm going Off randomly like many of us - beside that all is working as expected including plug and charge at EA (I am not convince that driver display staying ON is a bug but more a feature to ensure visual that the car is in Park, if it not stay ON how do we know if car is in park or Neutral / drive in case of towing?)

Love the car design exterior and interior, love the driving for sure and at most! I have no issue with PCM (Crossfinger) now I am use to it from Cayenne and 911.

Hope this is helping.
Happy new year!
Hi,
Thanks for posting your feedback.

Can I ask when you ordered the car and when you took delivery?

Small detail, but are your window switches in gloss black or matte black?

Do you use an android phone? How well does the wired android auto work in the car?

Thanks
Michael

OP
OP
Vfr750Rouge

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Other than poor phone reception, how come you are not happy with the Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass? Is it not as quiet in the cabin as you had hoped?
It is very quiet and nice in the cabin, I am not sure how much the contribution of Double window plays with it.
As for the Phone reception I have no data only perception of my kids/wife of poor reception, now that said reception where I live in South Florida is not that great - comparatively to Q7 and Jeep with soft top, I think I am loosing 1 to 2 bar of reception with 5G phone, with LTE phone up to no reception - I am with T-Mobile, it seems Verizon is better where I live - again no data only perception (which is a reality! in our days)

OP
OP
Vfr750Rouge

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi,
Thanks for posting your feedback.

Can I ask when you ordered the car and when you took delivery?

Small detail, but are your window switches in gloss black or matte black?

Do you use an android phone? How well does the wired android auto work in the car?

Thanks
Michael
Order Early July delivered Dec 1, 2021
Matte Black pretty much every where in the car - Like it a lot
I am I am Apple guy and Apple Family (no hassle family!) so I do not know if android works - Music / podcast on board work very well (I have access to my entire Library, favorite podcast and online radio) - same with Apple car Play connect very quickly (all the time) and very easy to use on the big screen - love the display of the track on passenger screen and matching interior led color - this is really nice!
Sorry no clue about Android!

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
@Vfr750Rouge,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

ACC vs. Innodrive:
I wonder if you say that you chose Tech Package for Innodrive and use it all the time you mean ACC as it comes in the $4,340 Tech Package but Innodrive in combination with Tech Package is a $1,570 add on Option. I am contemplating InnoDrive and by some accounts it is pretty annoying since it has ALK (Active Lane Keep) if LKA is not annoying enough.

Remote Park Assist:
I wonder about your experience with this as you say it is useless. I can see value using it while being in the car to parallel park and if you used it. Also, iPhone users can remotely summon the car out of tight parking spots when out of the car. I am Android user so will not be using this one but interested to know if you tried it.

HUD
I had it on the test car and it makes me disoriented given VR like appearance, but I wonder if it works well at night when outside is totally dark.

Last edited:

davids

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT MY22
Country flag
Hello all,

• Premium package (US)

Hope this is helping.
Happy new year!
thanks for the summary - I ordered similar config (excluded remote parking and passenger screen as both look useless for me) , cherry metallic something I bit "nervous" about. Would you mind to share some photos.

OP
OP
Vfr750Rouge

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Vfr750Rouge,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

ACC vs. Innodrive:
I wonder if you say that you chose Tech Package for Innodrive and use it all the time you mean ACC as it comes in the $4,340 Tech Package but Innodrive in combination with Tech Package is a $1,570 add on Option. I am contemplating InnoDrive and by some accounts it is pretty annoying since it has ALK (Active Lane Keep) if LKA is not annoying enough.

Remote Park Assist:
I wonder about your experience with this as you say it is useless. I can see value using it while being in the car to parallel park and if you used it. Also, iPhone users can remotely summon the car out of tight parking spots when out of the car. I am Android user so will not be using this one but interested to know if you tried it.

HUD
I had it on the test car and it makes me disoriented given VR like appearance, but I wonder if it works well at night when outside is totally dark.
Innodrive 100% - LKA is not annoying to me, it is very discreet - the all system at work has already prevent me to be hit by a truck coming wrong direction...while I existing parking spot. Car simply stopped (brutally). You have to use car GPS (not bad, I prefer graphics of Maps), but it still work "passively" without GPS used.
I probably would not have taken the Tech package, but need to calculate because I would have taken ACC+innodrive and Surround view+Passenger screen(even if useless it is beautiful!)

Remote Park Assist:
Function to park the car alone being in the car or outside of car is totally useless, way to slow and protective! I can parallel car in Mouse hole in 10 time quicker than any computer (I learn in Paris...)
But you need to have the surrounding camera and decent view, I use it a lot to not damage front leap and wheels

HUD.
Exactly them same, give me headache...and it is not even align with middle of the wheel....

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Innodrive 100% - LKA is not annoying to me, it is very discreet - the all system at work has already prevent me to be hit by a truck coming wrong direction...while I existing parking spot. Car simply stopped (brutally). You have to use car GPS (not bad, I prefer graphics of Maps), but it still work "passively" without GPS used.
I probably would not have taken the Tech package, but need to calculate because I would have taken ACC+innodrive and Surround view+Passenger screen(even if useless it is beautiful!)

Remote Park Assist:
Function to park the car alone being in the car or outside of car is totally useless, way to slow and protective! I can parallel car in Mouse hole in 10 time quicker than any computer (I learn in Paris...)
But you need to have the surrounding camera and decent view, I use it a lot to not damage front leap and wheels

HUD.
Exactly them same, give me headache...and it is not even align with middle of the wheel....
I think the function that saved you in this case was part of the extended park assist package that also includes remote park assist and not Innodrive.

It is exit manoeuvre warning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vfr750Rouge

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks for the summary - I ordered similar config (excluded remote parking and passenger screen as both look useless for me) , cherry metallic something I bit "nervous" about. Would you mind to share some photos.
Et Voila!
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0783 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0782 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0781 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0780 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0779 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0778 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0783 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0782 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0781 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0780 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0779 copy
Porsche Taycan 6 Weeks in MY22 CT4 IMG_0778 copy

davids

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT MY22
Country flag
Et Voila!
IMG_0783 copy.jpg
IMG_0782 copy.jpg
IMG_0781 copy.jpg
IMG_0780 copy.jpg
IMG_0779 copy.jpg
IMG_0778 copy.jpg
IMG_0783 copy.jpg
IMG_0782 copy.jpg
IMG_0781 copy.jpg
IMG_0780 copy.jpg
IMG_0779 copy.jpg
IMG_0778 copy.jpg
Thank you - appreciate your effort! Looks gorgeous especially under Florida sun :) . This color is truly "chameleon" so different under various lighting conditions.

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Luggage Compartment Portion Net - Useless waste of money (regret)
I wonder your thoughts on this please?
I have a dog and thought I'd need this to separate the boot from the passenger cell above the seat backs.
If that not is function? Or does it just now work correctly?
Any pics of this in use would be greatly appreciated before my options need to be locked.
Many thanks.
Aaron

OP
OP
Vfr750Rouge

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder your thoughts on this please?
I have a dog and thought I'd need this to separate the boot from the passenger cell above the seat backs.
If that not is function? Or does it just now work correctly?
Any pics of this in use would be greatly appreciated before my options need to be locked.
Many thanks.
Aaron
That was the purpose I bought it but it does not got trunk floor(It took half of second for my Beagle to join me happily in front of the car)...it is ugly and un practical...For the dog I used the Jeep, I don't really car if the dog shew it!!!
I ll see if I have courage to put it back and take picture

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
That was the purpose I bought it but it does not got trunk floor(It took half of second for my Beagle to join me happily in front of the car)...it is ugly and un practical...For the dog I used the Jeep, I don't really car if the dog shew it!!!
I ll see if I have courage to put it back and take picture
Please do. A photo or 2 would really help to understand how it works/doesn't work for me... I'd really appreciate it!
Sponsored