A few quick questions...

Hockey29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a ’22 4S that I got a month ago and I have a few simple/confused/quick questions for my “Brothers-in-Arms”!!

1. I love the Air suspension and use Lift mode when I enter my driveway so I don’t scrape. Since I’m going slow and pull into my garage, the car is still in raised position when I turn it off and exit the car. Is there any concern leaving it that way, especially overnight? Do I need to “lower” the car back to normal before I turn it off?

2. I’ve got the glass Panoramic roof and I had a 35% tint put on the roof right when I bought it. Can anyone confirm that the glass has UVA/UVB protection? My pale Irish skin gets red easily (yes I wear sunscreen daily) and I want to know if I need a different tint on the car as it is a lot brighter than I’m used to. And I don’t want to have that much sun exposure. I don’t care about the roof and would’ve preferred it was deleted. My next move is to have the 35% removed and add a darker almost Limo tint to darken inside. Thoughts?

3. I have Remote Park Assist and I don’t know if it’s me or is the feature horrible. I had it on my ’20 M850 and it worked really well. I find it has difficulty detecting parking spots, once it finds a spot and you hit start, it doesn’t parallel park very well. I used it yesterday and when it “finished”, the car was about 1.5 feet away from the curb. My wife just looked at me and laughed. Also, a few times it was doing it’s thing and the car came to jolting spot as one of the sensors detected something. There was nothing in the way! Any suggestions/comments on how to make this experience better?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have a ’22 4S that I got a month ago and I have a few simple/confused/quick questions for my “Brothers-in-Arms”!!

1. I love the Air suspension and use Lift mode when I enter my driveway so I don’t scrape. Since I’m going slow and pull into my garage, the car is still in raised position when I turn it off and exit the car. Is there any concern leaving it that way, especially overnight? Do I need to “lower” the car back to normal before I turn it off?

2. I’ve got the glass Panoramic roof and I had a 35% tint put on the roof right when I bought it. Can anyone confirm that the glass has UVA/UVB protection? My pale Irish skin gets red easily (yes I wear sunscreen daily) and I want to know if I need a different tint on the car as it is a lot brighter than I’m used to. And I don’t want to have that much sun exposure. I don’t care about the roof and would’ve preferred it was deleted. My next move is to have the 35% removed and add a darker almost Limo tint to darken inside. Thoughts?

3. I have Remote Park Assist and I don’t know if it’s me or is the feature horrible. I had it on my ’20 M850 and it worked really well. I find it has difficulty detecting parking spots, once it finds a spot and you hit start, it doesn’t parallel park very well. I used it yesterday and when it “finished”, the car was about 1.5 feet away from the curb. My wife just looked at me and laughed. Also, a few times it was doing it’s thing and the car came to jolting spot as one of the sensors detected something. There was nothing in the way! Any suggestions/comments on how to make this experience better?
1. No you can leave it (or lower it manually). If you leave it it will reset to normal after 15mph or so.

2. It has all the protection you need. Check the standard spec sheet for more details. Not sure there was any real need to tint further.

3. It is a rubbish and problematic option. You don't need it really.

OP
OP
Hockey29

Hockey29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks WINGE. I appreciate your thoughts.
For #1, I wanted to clarify that I'm asking about any issues to the car as It sits overnight or longer in the raised position.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag

As to your #3 question, I have it on my car but I have yet to use it as every time I try I have a problem. I have also tried to remotely pull the car in or out of my garage (just for kicks) and that does not work.
As for your wife laughing…..join the club, technology never impresses my wife :mad:

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
use Lift mode when I enter my driveway so I don’t scrape. Since I’m going slow and pull into my garage, the car is still in raised position when I turn it off and exit the car. Is there any concern leaving it that way, especially overnight? Do I need to “lower” the car back to normal before I turn it off?
I've been using smart lift that way since day 1. I hope there are no ill effects!

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
For #1, I wanted to clarify that I'm asking about any issues to the car as It sits overnight or longer in the raised position.
I use smart lift entering my drive and leave it that way in the garage so it is also lifted when I exit. I have had the car since Sept 2020 and no issues leaving it that way. Enjoy!

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've been using smart lift that way since day 1. I hope there are no ill effects!
Maybe I’m being paranoid but I tend to relate the raised position as a balloon stretched to its fullest and one day…pop! Since mine can get on the driveway in the lowered settings, I just manually change it as I pull up. When my wife drives it, it’s already in that settings so she doesn’t do anything. Again, might be too cautious…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No issues doing that.

I wouldn't leave for months on end however.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
3. {Snip} I used it yesterday and when it “finished”, the car was about 1.5 feet away from the curb. My wife just looked at me and laughed.
Two things to your third question:
1. I find all of the autopark features awful in New York City. My thought was that they worked better in the burbs, but clearly not.

2. Oh man. I feel your pain. My wife laughing at all my unanticipated failures is the bane of all my exploits that don't work as intended. In the plus side, she is still with me so perhaps failure is "attractive"? 😜
Sponsored