First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Still shocked it doesn’t improve the 0-60
IME doing controlled acceleration tests for racing from a standstill traction makes more difference than power, so tyre and road surface will be more important than power for 0-60. Just check what experienced drag racers do.

It is mildly bonkers to mention 0-60 times without knowing what tyre, what tyre temperature and the nature of the road surface but it has been done since cars had 90bhp when it made a bit of sense…

Higher speeds, is where power makes more difference.
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Do you know someone who has a TS and did this upgrade? Just wondering and asking for a friend :)

Secondly, what times did you record as the time you shaved off is quite solid. I am aware that 0.4s is already quite a bit in tuning.

In my RS5 B9 I went thru all tuning stages and ended up with a low 10's 1/4 mile, 100-200kmu time of 6.3s and 0-200 in 9.9s. 0-100 with launch control (30% boost built up): 3.00s

Just wondering how this would compare to the Etron RS (tuned)? This gives me a better feel for the speed this tune added.

Cheers.
Someone on this forum is going to tune is TS. It should be sub 10sec 1/4mile

100-200 stock is 7.1, tuned its 6.3 to 6 on Dragy

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
Someone on this forum is going to tune is TS. It should be sub 10sec 1/4mile

100-200 stock is 7.1, tuned its 6.3 to 6 on Dragy
That is a solid improvement. Congrats.
Sub 10s on a 1/4 mile would be awesome on the TS. Really curious to see/hear those results in due time.
Keep the forum going guys.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
IME doing controlled acceleration tests for racing from a standstill traction makes more difference than power, so tyre and road surface will be more important than power for 0-60. Just check what experienced drag racers do.

It is mildly bonkers to mention 0-60 times without knowing what tyre, what tyre temperature and the nature of the road surface but it has been done since cars had 90bhp when it made a bit of sense…

Agreed
132mph 1/4mile after tune
127mph 1/4mile pre tune

above 60mph is where you really feel the power after the tune

**** edit It was 132mph on the 1/4mile, not 142mph.

Last edited:

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I agree on the bonkers 0-60 timing, as one needs about everything right and praying to the good gods to give you all the grip you need (etc.). Nonetheless, when conditions are right that moment, it personally did give me joy to improve. When I hit 3.00s flat with the RS5 I did enjoy that moment as I put in much effort (time and money) to make it faster and the result was felt.
For the Taycan TS it is easy to hit sub 3 seconds to 100kmu over and over again and I stop measuring such short runs, but I am still interested in getting the TS to perform (even) better and would love to hear some feedback if someone did tune his/her TS.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Agreed
142mph 1/4mile after tune
127mph 1/4mile pre tune

That’s a huge difference in trap speed. Still kind of regret not getting the turbo S. It will be interesting to see what a tuned one will pull off.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree on the bonkers 0-60 timing, as one needs about everything right and praying to the good gods to give you all the grip you need (etc.). Nonetheless, when conditions are right that moment, it personally did give me joy to improve. When I hit 3.00s flat with the RS5 I did enjoy that moment as I put in much effort (time and money) to make it faster and the result was felt.
For the Taycan TS it is easy to hit sub 3 seconds to 100kmu over and over again and I stop measuring such short runs, but I am still interested in getting the TS to perform (even) better and would love to hear some feedback if someone did tune his/her TS.
Get stickier tyres. Tyres always make the most difference both on the road or racing.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed
142mph 1/4mile after tune
127mph 1/4mile pre tune

Indeed, and it is obviously going to be the case from the physics!

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s a huge difference in trap speed. Still kind of regret not getting the turbo S. It will be interesting to see what a tuned one will pull off.
100-200 on Turbo, TS are the the same, RS is .1 slower. My RS is much faster than a TS when not in launch mode .
I have a friend with the same update on his RS that purchases an 600amp front inverter, but hes working on he additional cooling now from the TS

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
100-200 on Turbo, TS are the the same, RS is .1 slower. My RS is much faster than a TS when not in launch mode .
I have a friend with the same update on his RS that purchases an 600amp front inverter, but hes working on he additional cooling now from the TS
Let's not forgot that the tuning on these EVs will also evolve. In a few months I do expect they also cracked something that ensures the front 600amp inverter can put out more potential...wishfull thinking for me as I just traded in my 4s CT for a TS CT.
...love the pull...but can't be fast enough for me.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Let's not forgot that the tuning on these EVs will also evolve. In a few months I do expect they also cracked something that ensures the front 600amp inverter can put out more potential...wishfull thinking for me as I just traded in my 4s CT for a TS CT.
...love the pull...but can't be fast enough for me.
Maybe this upgrade will unlock more power to the front motor too. We will find out soon enough

As far as the RS doing 2.8s 0-100km in the video, the in dash meter in the RS Etron GT is off because its measuring the internal speedo which is off compared to GPS. With a slight incline, you can easily get .3 better 0-100 times

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe this upgrade will unlock more power to the front motor too. We will find out soon enough

As far as the RS doing 2.8s 0-100km in the video, the in dash meter in the RS Etron GT is off because its measuring the internal speedo which is off compared to GPS. With a slight incline, you can easily get .3 better 0-100 times
Keep us updated. Highly interested in this stuff! (Asking for a friend)
:)
Keep up the good stuff.

swift996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Tacyan Turbo, 992 GTS, 987 CS, Cayenne
Country flag
I finally got this upgrade done. Long story on the whole process, but please PM me to discuss with more details.

I've had the car for a couple of days and have some feedback
I just reached out for my Turbo model. I was curious if there was a way to make the full power available outside of launch control via tuning. It seems pretty interesting.
Sponsored