First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Hi team,

has anyone experienced issues with the AC?
i have had the car for 2 weeks and today it can only blow hot air. I have changed every setting, turned car on and off and still no cold air.
Porsche Centre are saying it sounds like the high voltage pump that runs off the main battery has failed so im taking it in for the 3rd time in 2 weeks for yet another failure.
So far the worst experience purchasing a vehicle ever and I have 2 Teslas!
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi team,

i have had the car for 2 weeks and today it can only blow hot air. I have changed every setting, turned car on and off and still no cold air.
Porsche Centre are saying it sounds like the high voltage pump that runs off the main battery has failed so im taking it in for the 3rd time in 2 weeks for yet another failure.
My understanding is that the same A/C mechanism is used to cool the big battery too so you better have it fixed soon before you experience other issue.
Oh wait, you also reported your car went into turtle mode after launching, right? It might be related. If it cannot cool the battery it will reduce power.

I hope you won't have to wait for 1-3 months for parts to arrive from Germany or you might actually want that to happen if Australia has laws that allow you to return the car if it cannot be serviced promptly under warranty.

Last edited:

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Hi team,

I realize you probably have warmer temps in Australia right now, however, page 46 US manual discusses that at approximately 2C the AC cannot be turned even manually.
I think @chrisk comment about your vehicle having had the reduced power warning previously may be linked.
Please keep us updated.

Porsche Taycan AIR CONDITIONING FAILED C15EB6E6-DD97-4975-9D5D-F975F9E9205B

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
My understanding is that the same A/C mechanism is used to cool the big battery too so you better have it fixed soon before you experience other issue.
Oh wait, you also reported your car went into turtle mode after launching, right? It might be related. If it cannot cool the battery it will reduce power.

I hope you won't have to wait for 1-N months for parts to arrive from Germany or you might actually want that to happen if Australia has laws that allow you to return the car if it cannot be serviced promptly under warranty.
Thanks for the info.
I have called them to book in a service however I am still waiting for them to call me back to give me a date.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
I have sent the vehicle to them for diagnostics however of course after leaving the vehicle off and locked for an extended period I turned it on and the air works fine so it seems yet again to be a software glitch.
to be safe however its at Porsche so hopefully they can see a fault code.
I will keep you posted.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Update, the car has been sitting at Porsche since Wednesday, they are telling me they have not heard from Germany and do not advise driving it until they get instructions.
i asked them how long it could take, they replied “no idea”. So now we sit and wait.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
update !
i have been told by Porsche there are some known software bugs with regards to this and they have a planned software update for May.
so ive been told to sit tight and wait for that.

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
Sit tight, as in without your Taycan?

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
update !
i have been told by Porsche there are some known software bugs with regards to this and they have a planned software update for May.
so ive been told to sit tight and wait for that.
We had been waiting 9 months for "the update", and now that it is finally here, we need another one?
I am not sure of your dealer is well informed.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
We had been waiting 9 months for "the update", and now that it is finally here, we need another one?
I am not sure of your dealer is well informed.
No dealer in Australia is well informed, they are like mushrooms ?

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have had 2 issued with the AC on my car, the latest is this week. Last summer my car was only blowing hot air. Front end was disassembled and they allege that an O ring was crimped, from factory, and all the freon ran out. They added dye to the syetm to find the leak. They installed a new O ring and then filled the freon, all was good. It has been warm here this last week, car had the same issue, no AC only hot air. Back to the dealership yet again, and now the allege they have found ANOTHER leak, another loose switch, due to a bad O ring !! They found it quickly because dye is still in the system. They allege they filled it back up with freon and it blows cold air. So that's 2 AC issues in 8 months, same problem in 2 different locations. Pretty disappointing....couple this with the 12V dead battery I had about a month ago, and the dead OTA module several months back.

POS sound about right ??

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi team,

YES !! I have lost AC two separate times and there were leaks in my system, bad O-rings. I am really interested in if you have the same. HAVE YOU RESOLVED THIS ????

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
We’ve just had our first day of the year in the UK worthy of having AC on cool rather than heat. And my AC was set to low and it was making me warmer than if I just turned it off and had the windows down. Frustrating to say the least.

Dealer will be getting a call tomorrow. AC had to be filled up not long after I collected the car for similar reason, makes me worry that I’ve got the o ring fault - the one on the car that is.

Sfsurfer

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s 2021, 1999 Boxster
Country flag
Another one with AC hot air issue with brand new Taycan 4s. Apparently a sensor that needs to come from Germany and could take “weeks” to resolve. Had Taycan 1.5 months and only 1500 miles. No loaners available and was dropped off at Enterprise car rental and offered a Kia subcompact or minivan. Porsche North America was useless and downright rude. My fifth Porsche and unfortunately based on customer service experience likely my last. Pains me to say that as I love the Taycan. Porsche North America needs a house cleaning in short order. Turned a Porsche diehard into a skeptic with this experience.
Sponsored