TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I’m experiencing the random alarm issue where my 2022 4s alarm goes off randomly for no reason.
Needless to say it’s fairly unbearable. I thought disabling the interior motion sensor with a FOB double click was working but it seems to still randomly go off.

Does anyone know where the interior sensor is located as I want to try and cover it somehow?

Has anyone else tried that ? If so, how did you cover it, and what were results?

Thank you!
Sponsored

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
+1 and will investigate as well.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I’m experiencing the random alarm issue where my 2022 4s alarm goes off randomly for no reason.
Needless to say it’s fairly unbearable. I thought disabling the interior motion sensor with a FOB double click was working but it seems to still randomly go off.

Does anyone know where the interior sensor is located as I want to try and cover it somehow?

Has anyone else tried that ? If so, how did you cover it, and what were results?

Thank you!
See the other threads (there are at least 3) - for US owners it seems to be related to one of the apps which they removed and reinstalled.

Sensor is in the overhead panel I believe.

As a temporary measure you should be able to disable by double-tapping the locking button on your key fob within 1 sec (indicators will signify) - perhaps it didn't disable when you tried. This will disable the interior motion sensor not the overall alarm system. Check Porsche Good To Know App for more details.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Also, you can touch/press the door twice (you’ll get 2nd blink).

OP
OP

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
See the other threads (there are at least 3) - for US owners it seems to be related to one of the apps which they removed and reinstalled.

Sensor is in the overhead panel I believe.

As a temporary measure you should be able to disable by double-tapping the locking button on your key fob within 1 sec (indicators will signify) - perhaps it didn't disable when you tried. This will disable the interior motion sensor not the overall alarm system. Check Porsche Good To Know App for more details.
Thank you. Believe I have read through the other threads, but may have missed any mention of where the sensor is located l, or the reinstall of app (I read the one where they deleted the Connect app completely cause Porsche said it was related and it that helped their issue (they didn’t care about the app anyway. I’d like to keep it, so will try uninstall and reinstall, in case). I’ll go back and review the threads again, thanks.
I used the double-tap from the second I noticed the issue since I had already read the prior forum posts on this issue while waiting for my car. It seems to work sometimes and not others for me.
Sponsored