terryS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Bentley GTC
Country flag
My car is currently being transported to Florida via Auto carrier truck. Driver just called and said the alarm keeps going off. I disabled the interior monitoring before giving him the car. Any ideas as to what he can do?
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car is currently being transported to Florida via Auto carrier truck. Driver just called and said the alarm keeps going off. I disabled the interior monitoring before giving him the car. Any ideas as to what he can do?
Which of these alarm settings have you disabled in the Porsche Connect app?
Porsche Taycan Alarm keeps going off 727A3D3D-1DE6-45F1-AD63-39FF93FB1117_1_201_a

OP
OP
terryS

terryS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Bentley GTC
Country flag
Thanks for your response. Haven't had much luck with the connect app so I didn't really check it but the driver found that locking the car while being transported seems to solve the problem.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
If he's going to call you again, tell him, that he needs to lock it twice.... in other words, he should press two times on lock button (slowly) and he'll get longer blink...

Kpenn

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan cross t
Country flag
My car has this issue. I also disabled the interior alarm but no luck. Porsche told me this alarm issue is something many tycan cross have and they are working on it. On my car the alarm goes off repeatedly every time it’s locked…

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Have you tried to lock it twice as i described before?

OP
OP
terryS

terryS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Bentley GTC
Country flag
Thanks for that information. I didn't see the previous post but that's exactly what the driver did and he told me that it solved the problem
Have you tried to lock it twice as i described before?

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Wow, strange that this problem is still popping up in new cars. I’m getting my Taycan 4CT this week, how can I avoid this problem? Is the problem activated right when I activate my Porsche ID?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow, strange that this problem is still popping up in new cars. I’m getting my Taycan 4CT this week, how can I avoid this problem? Is the problem activated right when I activate my Porsche ID?
OP had his car transported without activating transport mode in the Porsche Connect app. If you use the app you won’t have this problem unless the car has a faulty alarm.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
Guys,
I posted one of the first posts on the alarm issue. I think it’s connected to the Porsche connect app. I deleted it from my phone and haven’t had a issue since. When I first picked it up it was pretty annoying. The car spent 3 weeks of its first 4 weeks of ownership at the dealership to resolve the issue. Porsche needs to announce a proper fix.. For me it’s the damn Porsche connect app!
good luck.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got my CT4 last week, haven’t installed the app yet, but no alarm issue so far

RobQ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 911, Tycan CT
Country flag
Same here....got it last Friday had it for 6 hours and the alarm went off twice. Called the dealer and he told me to click twice when you close it as you than disable the interior alarm. No problem since, but it should not be like this.

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here....got it last Friday had it for 6 hours and the alarm went off twice. Called the dealer and he told me to click twice when you close it as you than disable the interior alarm. No problem since, but it should not be like this.
Have you installed the app?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just to be clear, this isn't a bug. The alarm system senses elevation change and triggers.

You just tap lock twice to lock the car without activating that part of the alarm. This is true on many cars, I remember getting back to my Mustang years ago on a ferry and the alarm was going off for the same reason.

Otherwise people could take your nice tires or tow the car without the alarm going off. Kind of funny a transport driver didn't know this, they definitely should
Sponsored