Alarm keeps going off

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Just to be clear, this isn't a bug. The alarm system senses elevation change and triggers.

You just tap lock twice to lock the car without activating that part of the alarm. This is true on many cars, I remember getting back to my Mustang years ago on a ferry and the alarm was going off for the same reason.

Otherwise people could take your nice tires or tow the car without the alarm going off. Kind of funny a transport driver didn't know this, they definitely should
Yet I have the full alarm package (exterior/interior sensors etc) in my M4 for the last 6+ years and I can honestly say not once (including train transport and ferries on ED in Germany/Switzerland) has its alarm go off randomly or mistakenly for above reasons - just seems like a lousy implementation in the Taycan, no? Thought I read in another thread that there was an active service issue on this to be repaired with either replacement sensor hardware and/or sw?
Sponsored

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag
I have my Taycan 4S for a week and the alarm keeps going off in my garage. Will try the double click.

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
I have my Taycan 4S for a week and the alarm keeps going off in my garage. Will try the double click.
Did this worked for? I had the car for week now and last night the alarm went off in middle of night for the very first time.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Some owners say to delete the app. I’m having the same problem. Had my car for 4 days.

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I deleted both apps and have not logged in with any services - still went off. Does anyone know where the sensors are located so we can try tape? Ill take a look too and on my list for when I visit the dealer (I hate going to the dealer!!)

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
I've had the alarm, and tracker, activated twice in two days. First time, I parked up, set alarm, walked away, alarm went off within seconds and Vodafone called me

Second time, tracker alarm was activated whilst I was driving...Vodaphone called me

I've got it booked in to look at but in the meantime have swapped fobs round to see if it is maybe a faulty fob

Enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Lexus, Mercedes
Country flag
Just to be clear, this isn't a bug. The alarm system senses elevation change and triggers.

You just tap lock twice to lock the car without activating that part of the alarm. This is true on many cars, I remember getting back to my Mustang years ago on a ferry and the alarm was going off for the same reason.

Otherwise people could take your nice tires or tow the car without the alarm going off. Kind of funny a transport driver didn't know this, they definitely should
It’s a bug. I have tried disabling Interior alarm within the vehicle settings as well as when powering off the car (using the pop up prompt). But under some scenarios of PCM usage, the interior alarm gets set. So tha’s one bug. The other bug is that it goes off in a locked garage that is not an incline. For now, the only solution is to disable the interior alarm as well as nuke the PCM app. Sad we have to forego two features because Porsche can’t figure out a fix. I am sure y’all have/had other cars where these features work perfectly. So it can’t be rocket science for Porsche to find a fix.

kadwar

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Macan GTS, Audi R8, 2022 Taycan 4S coming
Country flag
Did this worked for? I had the car for week now and last night the alarm went off in middle of night for the very first time.
The double click worked for my 4S

jdrei

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
It’s a bug
So it can’t be rocket science for Porsche to find a fix.
Well, someone on the German Porsche Forum mentioned that Porsche has been aware of the problem since May.
I myself was at my Porsche dealer. They have read the error memory, without result. The dealer then showed me the mentioned ticket kept at Porsche. In it, it is pointed out that the workshops should not remove/replace anything, that does not solve the problem. A solution is being worked on...

jdrei

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
The double click worked for my 4S
The double-click with the vehicle key does not always work.

The deactivation of the interior alarm can be recognized by the fact that the lights light up three times after the double-click: two times briefly and the third time somewhat longer.

Peterp100

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tesla Model S
Country flag
My Alarm went off two times this weekend for no reason. This was the first time it happened for me. Once the car was plugged in and parked outside, and the other time at 1:30am in my garage, not plugged in. I had a theory and it hasn't gone off for two days now.

My car was delivered and still in the "Transport" mode so I could not login with my Porsche ID. I was logging in as guest for three weeks and did not have the alarm issue during this "Unregistered" time. Last Thursday I brought the car in to my Porsche Dealership and they took it out of "Transport" mode and registered the car to my porsche ID. My App started working correctly and I can see information about the car and get notifications, including when the car alarm goes off. A day after getting the car registered to my Porsche ID, the alarm went off randomly as described above.

My theory was that I didn't experience the issue because the car was not registered to my porsche ID. Now that it is registered to my Porsche ID, I tried dissabling the "Connect Service" for the "Car Alarm" in my car configuration and maybe my alarm won't keep going off. Turns out I could disable the "Car Alarm" connected service and now the website shows the "Car Alarm" as having "Privacy Mode" active and I haven't had an alarm for two days. If my alarm goes off again I'll update this post. It must be disabled from the Car.

In the car PCM,
Settings -> Privacy and Porsche Connect Services -> List of all Porsche Connect services -> Car Alarm : Inactive

Website will then show Car Alarm as in "Privacy Mode" and in red.

Porsche Taycan Alarm keeps going off IMG_5702

Porsche Taycan Alarm keeps going off IMG_5701 (1)

Porsche Taycan Alarm keeps going off Website Alarm Deactivated

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
My Alarm went off two times this weekend for no reason. This was the first time it happened for me. Once the car was plugged in and parked outside, and the other time at 1:30am in my garage, not plugged in. I had a theory and it hasn't gone off for two days now.

My car was delivered and still in the "Transport" mode so I could not login with my Porsche ID. I was logging in as guest for three weeks. Last Thursday I brought the car in to my Porsche Dealership and they took it out of "Transport" mode and registered the car to my porsche ID. My App started working correctly and I can see information about the car and get notifications, including when the car alarm goes off.

My theory was that because the car wasn't registered to my porsche ID, I couldn't activate the "Car Alarm" in the Configurable Services in my.porsche.com and I never had the random car alarm issue. If i could disable the "Connect Service" for the "Car Alarm" in my car configuration, maybe my alarm won't keep going off. Turns out I could and now the website shows the "Car Alarm" as having "Privacy Mode" active and I haven't had an alarm for two days. If my alarm goes off again I'll update this post. It must be disabled from the Car.

In the car PCM,
Settings -> Privacy and Porsche Connect Services -> List of all Porsche Connect services -> Car Alarm : Inactive

Website will then show Car Alarm as in "Privacy Mode" and in red.

IMG_5702.jpeg

IMG_5701 (1).jpeg

Website Alarm Deactivated.png
Bear with me, I'm a little confused by your post :)

1) By disconnecting 'connect' services for the alarm - does this allow your to still enable the alarm when parked but simply does away with any notifications OTA in case it activates- or are you doing away with the alarm altogether (which of course is not optimal)?

2) You say the car was delivered to you but still in 'digital' transport mode and that once out of this mode you could of course then connect to the services better but that this also stopped the random alarms? I don't think this is what you mean i.e. you mention stil testing to see if they come back on, correct?

Cheers, C.

Peterp100

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Tesla Model S
Country flag
Bear with me, I'm a little confused by your post :)

1) By disconnecting 'connect' services for the alarm - does this allow your to still enable the alarm when parked but simply does away with any notifications OTA in case it activates- or are you doing away with the alarm altogether (which of course is not optimal)?

2) You say the car was delivered to you but still in 'digital' transport mode and that once out of this mode you could of course then connect to the services better but that this also stopped the random alarms? I don't think this is what you mean i.e. you mention stil testing to see if they come back on, correct?

Cheers, C.
Let me update the post, thanks for that catch. I'll also clarify.

I agree with you on your first comment. It's not ideal that I disabled the service in the connected services however I think that it is only the connection to the phone and not the actual alarm. I'm not sure how to test this. I'd rather not have the alarm going at 1am than have a working alarm however.

You are correct about your second comment. I didn't have the issue while the car was in "Transport" mode for three weeks. The first time I had the alarm go off was a day after I picked it up from the dealership and had the car registered to my Porsche ID. Registering to my Porsche ID started the random alarms for me.

Thanks,

-Peter

Y1BDB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, CT4S
Country flag
The transport mode may disable the interior sensor. If you disable the app connect, I would expect the alarm to still go off, you just won't receive a notification from the app. Some people are saying it's a connection with the car that is setting off the interior alarm so it would be interesting to see if disabling this stops the alarm.

I haven't had an alarm issue since either disabling the interior monitoring on exit of the car or double clicking the lock button. I always watch the red light on the door to make sure it goes off after a couple blinks. I also keep my key in a signal blocking box in the house to prevent the key from trying to communicate with the car all the time.

makados

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 BMW X5 45e, 2022 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone know when the issue will be fixed? I've got my new 4S, successfully logged into Porsche ID on the car but did not install the app on the phone. There is no alarm issues currently, without using double-press to lock the car, and without disabling interior monitoring.

I'd love to install the phone app, but scared to do that, to not hit the random alarm issue.
Sponsored