Let’s build a Taycan Convertible!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yes, that’s right, believe it, achieve it!

I’ve taken the initiative to start a GoFundMe campaign to raise money towards building a Taycan convertible through Porsche’s Sonderwunsch (special request) program. If you’ve got a few hundred thousand dollars laying around, which, as a successful, accomplished, and likely very attractive looking Taycan owner yourself likely have, then you can put your money to good use. Details can be found here: (EDIT, url now deleted, this experiment has failed)

Porsche Taycan Let’s build a Taycan Convertible! IMG_6270
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
as a successful, accomplished, and likely very attractive looking Taycan owner yourself likely have,
…it’s like you don’t know me at all.

That said, you may have the full contents of not one, but both of my front pockets.

That would be, let’s see, some lint, um, left wireless earbud with 0% charge, and a hotel room keycard.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
…it’s like you don’t know me at all.

That said, you may have the full contents of not one, but both of my front pockets.

That would be, let’s see, some lint, um, left wireless earbud with 0% charge, and a hotel room keycard.
Tell me more about that hotel key… what door does that open?

Yea, I forgot. Most of us already have our extra savings invested in these depreciating, highly explosive, assets. 🤣

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most of us already have our extra savings invested in these depreciating, highly explosive, assets.
I’m hoping that they eventually depreciate to less than firewood while having the benefit of self-igniting. Whole new market there.

And combine all that with an open top experience and you really have a winner.

Reactions: 007
OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’m hoping that they eventually depreciate to less than firewood while having the benefit of self-igniting. Whole new market there.

And combine all that with an open top experience and you really have a winner.
Exactly!! That’s why I know you, along with all my friends here, will reach to their BACK pockets and donate to this important, life changing cause. Asking for just under a modest $4M donation which should cover the project… I’m expecting the car itself, once it drives off the lot, to appreciate in everyone’s eyes, even though it will depreciate unlike anything we’ve ever seen.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You’ll be waiting a while. According to an article on RL, there’s an eight year waitlist for special wish cars. And I don’t think the program is quite this ‘flexible’.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s why I know you, along with all my friends here, will reach to their BACK pockets and donate to this important, life changing cause.
I can’t afford pants with back pockets.

Look, I’m a big fan of convertibles and fully support this very serious endeavor that I’m positive will succeed both in funding and execution.

That’s why I pledge here and now before the entire Taycan Forum community to aid and assist with any and all driving related activities with said convertible Taycan. I donate this service free of charge as I am a charitable person.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I can’t afford pants with back pockets.

Look, I’m a big fan of convertibles and fully support this very serious endeavor that I’m positive will succeed both in funding and execution.

That’s why I pledge here and now before the entire Taycan Forum community to aid and assist with any and all driving related activities with said convertible Taycan. I donate this service free of charge as I am a charitable person.
Today, dear friend, you helped solve a crisis with grace and compassion. Where others might have ignored the issue in front of them, you instead chose to get involved and help the cause. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You’ll be waiting a while. According to an article on RL, there’s an eight year waitlist for special wish cars. And I don’t think the program is quite this ‘flexible’.
That’s actually the amount of time that I’m expecting to see the first donations come in, so that’s right on schedule. 👍👍👍

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
I'd be happier with a 2 door coupe. Bring on the electric shark.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'd be happier with a 2 door coupe. Bring on the electric shark.
After this fundraiser is completed, I’ll work on this next one. With everyone’s generous support, we can do this!

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I will ask the Porsche customization team to reach out to this fella for his invaluable guidance and advice in this important project.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
After 3 hours, to my dismay, nobody’s donated yet. Is it possible GoFundMe is down?

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
What an awesome car this will be! I can't wait for you to have it as I know you are very deserving person, probably. Once this first one is built I will just wait for about 5 years and then buy it from you for pennies on the dollar. That's a win win for both of us. Also, this is a perfect use for a gofundme campaign. It for sure sets a new bar for what can be done with charity and compassion on gofundme.

I checked around the floorboards of my Taycan and came up with $0.18. I will work on getting that to your campaign once I figure out how gofundme actually works. I don't understand Venmo either. It could be a while, but it sounds like I have 8 years to figure it all out... 👍
Sponsored

Reactions: 007