Amperage to home requirements- is this correct?

OP
OP

TheSauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Well i mean the OP has 3 A/Cs, not 2. Thats 40 extra amps. All 3 running together is probably 90-100Amps. Flip on the oven and that’s another 30 amps. He’s already at 120-130 on a load with those 4 things running, and that doesn’t count the pool or anything else in the house. An EV charger would run a minimum of 40 amps, putting him at 160-170amps. Thats the 80% limit for a 200A service.
The max at one of my units is 50 AMP, the other is 30 AMP, and the third will likely be 30 AMP as well. So 110AMP for AC.
Sponsored

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
The max at one of my units is 50 AMP, the other is 30 AMP, and the third will likely be 30 AMP as well. So 110AMP for AC.
It's cutting it really close. I mean i'd trust a licensed electrician. But if it were my house, then i'd just install a 20amp 240V outlet. The risk of going over on amps with something that low powered is minimal.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
30 amp EVSE will do the job 98% of the time…there are also ways to "share" a circuit with solutions similar to "dryer buddy" - it's a dual load system - where one load is the "primary" and the other load is the "secondary" - when the primary circuit is loaded the secondary is disabled/cut-off…so there is never more than one load on the circuit at any given time

generally you put the electric dryer as the "primary" load - and the EVSE as the secondary - and often time they are in use at the same time and the dryer buddy (or similar circuitry) ensures the two loads are never on at the same time…

or you can upgrade your panel.

you can get EVSE to match a circuit size of:
  • 20 amp breaker - 16 amp charge rate
  • 30 amp breaker - 24 amp charge rate
  • 40 amp breaker - 32 amp charge rate
  • 50 amp breaker - 40 amp charge rate
for normal daily use 20-40 amps is going to charge the EV overnight in 4 hours or less…which is 98% of the time.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...age…for-those-that-wish-to-over-do-it-….2343/
Sponsored