Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
For the 2nd day in a row my PCM made the "ding" sound and a new OTA update was ready for me to install. This time it was "Music streaming to version 7.0.28". Once again, I don't have the foggiest idea what this update really does. Would it kill Porsche to publish a list somewhere?

Hopefully this increase in pace of updates means good things for the future of our PCM version (2020-2024).

Porsche Taycan Another OTA Update Today! - Music Streaming IMG_1269
Sponsored

Atipical

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
996 C4S, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Does anyone with more connections than I know of any plans from Porsche to update PCM with 1. the updated UI that is being showcased on the refresh, 2. software changes to either increase range (via unlocking more space in the battery or otherwise) and/or improving the charging curve, and 3. Making changes to the passenger display to allow for video streaming?

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Does anyone with more connections than I know of any plans from Porsche to update PCM with 1. the updated UI that is being showcased on the refresh, 2. software changes to either increase range (via unlocking more space in the battery or otherwise) and/or improving the charging curve, and 3. Making changes to the passenger display to allow for video streaming?
I doubt any updates other than UI improvements.

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Unfortunately, I find that very unlikely.

The new Taycans presumably run the same Android Automotive OS found in the new Macan and what is probably a completely different hardware architecture compared to the current Taycan.

Secondly, videos on the passenger screen requires the ability to filter the display from the driver’s perspective, which is a hardware feature not present on current taycans.

OP
OP
Hirschaj

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
The new Taycans presumably run the same Android Automotive OS found in the new Macan and what is probably a completely different hardware architecture compared to the current Taycan.
The consensus here (from other threads) is that the new Taycan PCM does NOT run the same Android Auto setup as in the new Macan. I guess we’ll all find out soon.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Unfortunately, I find that very unlikely.

Secondly, videos on the passenger screen requires the ability to filter the display from the driver’s perspective, which is a hardware feature not present on current taycans.
No that is not true, the Taycan gen2 runs on the same OS as gen1. Remember this is a facelift, not a new model

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I think it’s positive that OTA updates are happening but they tend to be so cryptic in terms of what’s changing that I rarely know how to take advantage of whatever benefit the update provides.

ardevd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
No that is not true, the Taycan gen2 runs on the same OS as gen1. Remember this is a facelift, not a new model
interesting. Has this been confirmed? I must have confused something I read for the Taycan and not the Macan then I guess.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
interesting. Has this been confirmed? I must have confused something I read for the Taycan and not the Macan then I guess.
Yeah, Porsche needed to explain why there was no augmented reality in the HuD, and their answer was that it is an Android Automotive OS feature.

At around minute 32 the reporter goes into the car and will show all new software features and improvements. Apart from the Carplay integration on the curved display, and the new cover on the passanger display (hardware), everything is an UI update, and different from what you can see in a Macan.

In Porsches defence. This 2025 update is a facelift. Upgrading the vehicle with the latest and greatest from the Macan would be every expensive and probably not worth the investment.

pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Triumph Trident, 2023 Taycan
Country flag
Hmmmm I wonder if we'll get an update for CarPlay on the curved driver's display. All I want is that and watching Youtube when parked on the main display.

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
Ive not had a single update (other than those annoying map updates all the time) since I bought the car. (Even our oven has had two in that time!). Am I doing something wrong?
Sponsored