Any issues with Taycan RWD model?

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
I think back to my M135i, how many times did I launch it……. that would be 0. My Lexus RCF, once maybe twice.

How many times did i floor them once I’d got going….. LOADS

Like others have said, off the line performance is almost irrelevant, but it certainly makes a great headline in print and video on YouTube.

I’ve seen 3 Taycans over the last few days, there is no other car I want more right now, just gorgeous.

This wait is going to be torture.
Sponsored

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I have mentioned on here previously that in real world driving my Taycan RWD is faster than my previous M2.
The only figures I could find (80-120km/h) back it up.

But now I've got it, I don't want to drive it like a hot hatch / small coupe.
It lends itself to wafting around like a grown up GT car.
It eats up the miles in refined luxury, but will still behave like a (heavy) sports car when required.

Also worth pointing out that the lighter front end gives the steering a fantastic, direct feel.

Amazing car!
In some ways I think about it like a modern e39 m5: refined and elegant yet sporty in its design and the way it drives

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’ve owned my RWD for 6 months and love it. As many have mentioned the software glitches are somewhat frequent but here is a tip I’ve learned…when in doubt don’t do anything..when you power down, let sit for at least 10 min and then power back on that seems to resolve 90% of the bugs.
The other piece of advice..search this forum for answers on how to do things. You can do pretty much anything you can think of with the software but Porsche provides limited instruction.

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I’ve owned my RWD for 6 months and love it. As many have mentioned the software glitches are somewhat frequent but here is a tip I’ve learned…when in doubt don’t do anything..when you power down, let sit for at least 10 min and then power back on that seems to resolve 90% of the bugs.
The other piece of advice..search this forum for answers on how to do things. You can do pretty much anything you can think of with the software but Porsche provides limited instruction.
Yeah typically with most cars the way to ensure a complete reboot is to shut it down, get out and lock it then wait about 10 mins.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yeah typically with most cars the way to ensure a complete reboot is to shut it down, get out and lock it then wait about 10 mins.
Actually you need to disconnect the 12v battery for 5 mins or less if you want a proper reboot.

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
Is the regen breaking actually a lot less than the 200+ kw ? How much is it with the RWD ? Are the front brakes always applied when using the brake paddle ?​

Taycanfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Porsches
Country flag
My RWD, which I have had for about 9 months, has been pretty much problem free (excepting the normal odd transient software issues). I may have been lucky or, perhaps, the "simplicity" of the RWD (less motors, etc) helps reduce problems. One thing to note (that is not unique to RWD): releasing the charge cord at public chargers can be a problem sometimes: do NOT depend on the button to release the cord. If you have a problem, then using the PCM | Charging | ... option to unlock has been highly dependable. Good luck!
When charging is done it takes a few seconds maybe 20-25 for a white light to light up above the charging cable. It is very hard to see in sunlight. The charge cable won't release until the white light comes on
Sponsored