rx7arai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2022 Polestar 2
Country flag
No, I’m not considering the Lucid simply because it does not offer what I look for in an EV. Sure, it has great range and other features, but I've calculated having the fast charging capability surpass the need for a bigger battery. Once you reach around 300 miles range, any additional range is basically diminishing marginal returns (remember, bigger battery also takes longer to charge). I predict some Lucid onwers might not even charge to 85% if they are just going back and forth running errands or work. But the bigger battery is certainly nice to have, but not a deal maker for me.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have to agree on the overall aesthetics of the Lucid. It looks like an old Buick. The range is nice, but to be real I didn't buy a Taycan because I wanted to hypermile. I bought it because it's beautiful and fun (and is an EV to boot). Everyone has their own preference, but I definitely wouldn't get a first run of a vehicle from a new car company. Just look back at Tesla's early releases and the issues they had, which weren't insignificant.

I'd wait a bit, and if you're still interested in the Lucid after it's had some time to burn in and work out first model issues, then go for it.

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
I have to agree on the overall aesthetics of the Lucid. It looks like an old Buick. The range is nice, but to be real I didn't buy a Taycan because I wanted to hypermile. I bought it because it's beautiful and fun (and is an EV to boot). Everyone has their own preference, but I definitely wouldn't get a first run of a vehicle from a new car company. Just look back at Tesla's early releases and the issues they had, which weren't insignificant.

I'd wait a bit, and if you're still interested in the Lucid after it's had some time to burn in and work out first model issues, then go for it.
People always talk about Tesla's early cars and the "problems" they had. I bought my first Tesla Model S P85 in 2012 and it was one of the most reliable and trouble free cars I've ever owned. I've since bought another Model S P100D, and currently own 2 Model Y's and my Taycan 4S. I can tell you that Tesla is not great now at customer service, they were really good early when no one else had a Tesla. But thankfully, I have not needed service much at all. The many Porsche, BMW,Mercedes,Audi,etc. I've owned have all had equal or many more problems than any of my Teslas so far. I think that is because of the superior engineering in EV's and the lack of potential engine issues in EV's. I love my Taycan as much as any car I've owned, but Tesla deserves credit for showing us how great these cars can be and I'm sure there is no other recent car company startup with as good an initial product and success as Tesla. There is room for many EV companies and I hope newer and better ones keep rolling out all the time, can't wait for my Rivian R1S!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
People always talk about Tesla's early cars and the "problems" they had. I bought my first Tesla Model S P85 in 2012 and it was one of the most reliable and trouble free cars I've ever owned.
wow!
you didn't have the contact issue or the drive motor issues? you might be the only early owner who didn't.

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
wow!
you didn't have the contact issue or the drive motor issues? you might be the only early owner who didn't.
None at all. I had to diddle with fuses for the door handles once and that fixed it for the next 5 years. ZERO other issues. We had to have my wife's Mercedes GLE 450 towed to the dealership 3 days ago for a software malfunction. My Panamera, Cayenne Turbo, BMW X5 all had multiple issues and were much more costly to fix and maintain. Ever had a brake job done on your Cayenne Turbo? Crazy expensive!

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Yes I have a deposit for grand touring. Need to test drive one before i make a decision.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
None at all. I had to diddle with fuses for the door handles once and that fixed it for the next 5 years. ZERO other issues. We had to have my wife's Mercedes GLE 450 towed to the dealership 3 days ago for a software malfunction. My Panamera, Cayenne Turbo, BMW X5 all had multiple issues and were much more costly to fix and maintain. Ever had a brake job done on your Cayenne Turbo? Crazy expensive!
while I didn't own a P the contact failure and the drive unit failure affected almost every early tesla S

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
That giant A pillar makes the car feel very claustrophobic.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 8.32.42 PM.png
We had a Honda Odyssey. The A pillar was too big, no way I would buy a car like this again. So easy to overlook pedestrians and cyclists.

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My ears are still ringing from all the fanboy hallelujah! :devil:
I don't really know what that means, but if you want to call me a "Fanboy" because I liked my Tesla Model S and Model Y and Taycan and can't wait for a Rivian R1S and possibly a Lucid Gravity, more power to you! I prefer the term 'Fanman" though as I haven't been a boy for many years.
Sponsored