appointment 2 months out

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
On the myporche page there was a note that there are two open recalls for my car. I immediately called my dealership to see when they can address the recall items.
the dealership offered these options, I could drop the car and am on my own for transport, I could wait at the dealership for who knows how long, they could pick the car up from my home but would not return it on the same day or they could provide a loaner, which is for me the best option.
since the dealership has been unable to turn the car around quickly on my visits for software updates, once it took three days. I require a loaner.
the earliest appointment for the service call and a loaner is mid February.
I think that is just way too long for them to address a recall notice.
am I off base?
Sponsored

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
You are not off base, it’s unacceptable. I had to wait over 10 days to get a flat tire replaced because the dealer couldn’t get me in (had to use them because no one else can order the 21” NFOs).
The problem I was told is that only a Taycan certified tech can touch the car. Most dealers have 1-2 tops.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I went into my dealership 2 days ago about a sticking door handle.
Likely a one day job.

No option for dealer to pick up car.

Mid Jan for us to drop off and pick up (a right pain, but what I selected)

Late Jan for a 1 day loaner.

Its how it is at the moment. They are usually exceptionally good and go out of their way.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
On the myporche page there was a note that there are two open recalls for my car. I immediately called my dealership to see when they can address the recall items.
the dealership offered these options, I could drop the car and am on my own for transport, I could wait at the dealership for who knows how long, they could pick the car up from my home but would not return it on the same day or they could provide a loaner, which is for me the best option.
since the dealership has been unable to turn the car around quickly on my visits for software updates, once it took three days. I require a loaner.
the earliest appointment for the service call and a loaner is mid February.
I think that is just way too long for them to address a recall notice.
am I off base?
Wow, that is a long wait for recall service. I can somewhat understand the lack of loaners given the extraordinary car shortage in the U.S. For what it's worth, one of those recalls is probably the "fake recall" that disables the smart hazard light functionality because U.S. regulations have not caught up with the rest of the world. Personally I am postponing this recall as long as possible because it is a loss of functionality and safety, and is just plain f-ing stupid of the U.S. to mandate this. This is similar to how the U.S. forces Porsche to disable safety functionality of the matrix headlights.

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think one of the main problems is low inventory which is affecting everybody. So in this case I would reluctantly give them a pass.

Reactions: B61

Pete C

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Spare parts seems to be a general problem. Destroyed my door as the parking camera is really bad (i have decided to blame the camera as the alternative would be that I was a bad driver?). We are approaching 2 month waiting time, and still no date for when the door will arrive. Hence, now driving around in a Taycan stock car.
Sponsored