Average household income really $900k?

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
? feeling poor. But seriously, average income at that level makes no sense at all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tay Tay

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
That's about right from what I see in Pacific heights. There are 10-20 in the area alone and Marin Porsche is selling more than any other dealer in the nation I believe. Average income here is around $1m but actually much much higher due to the fact that many here don't take any traditional income at all. I'm right there for the average according to this, and near the bottom of the neighborhood.
This says average in Pacific Heights is $176k… what’s the discrepancy?
https://www.point2homes.com/US/Neig...n-Francisco/Pacific-Heights-Demographics.html

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I could see it being net worth and not annual gross income being 900k. Although Bill Gates buying one really hurts the average haha.

I would imagine it also depends a lot on trim. The person buying a Turbo S is likely a lot better off than someone buying a Base model. It's not too common for cars in a single model range to be able to triple up their price point.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Last edited:

chenner

First Name
B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is Fox News folks. Fact checking and basing information off of facts has never been part of their process.

They're probably just trying to create more rage among their audience lol

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am curious as to how they estimated this since I was never asked nor would they have any way to know what my income is. Unless you are financing through them, how would they?

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am curious as to how they estimated this since I was never asked nor would they have any way to know what my income is. Unless you are financing through them, how would they?
They ask… I received a survey and this was one of the questions.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
? feeling poor. But seriously, average income at that level makes no sense at all.
You aren't the only one. Although I live in an area with a lot lower cost of living I've never approached that level of income. Now I'm feeling poor as well :-(

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Guys, I can confirm this.

I just googled it and the first result also says average is $900k.

Looks like the source is well known too.

Porsche Taycan Average household income really $900k? FE9D2922-8AE6-42D6-917E-179CD315D515

dardleflom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's about right from what I see in Pacific heights. There are 10-20 in the area alone and Marin Porsche is selling more than any other dealer in the nation I believe. Average income here is around $1m but actually much much higher due to the fact that many here don't take any traditional income at all. I'm right there for the average according to this, and near the bottom of the neighborhood.
Hah! Yes, there's usually a Taycan or two parked near my office on Fillmore Street. And sometimes one takes my favorite spot just in front of the Peets. Although I would never street park mine for fear of getting curb-rash on the rims.

I think median income would be a better indicator here than mean. I have a few billionaire friend types who have a Taycan in every city they have a house in.

And yes the type of people who live in Pac Heights don't take ordinary income because the tax treatment is so bad. Most just borrow from accounts secured by their post-IPO or just-prior-to IPO stock. And FWIW a lot of my wealth is tied up in paper gains.

RobbieRed

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross tourismo
Country flag
I wish! Wouldn’t mind betting I’m one of the lowest income owning Porsche drivers! ?
But, hey, who cares- life’s for living and if I didn’t have a Porsche all I’d have is money in the bank, doing nothing - what’s the point in that?!! ???

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Wasn’t there a poll done on this forum for this?

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
do you remember what the top income bracket was?
900 or 1m I forget. Went a lot higher than the normal ones I see that all stop at 250k
Sponsored