RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
i only changed tyres.
porsche dealer changed several times my PCM(5), curved display (2),heater(4), dc port (2), passenger display (1), dc converter (2). Al in warranty, i have also extended warranty for 5 years. Good for the next one.
I thought you mentioned brakes in your original post??
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
1 year, 22.000km. Car is used every day plus any road trips. So far had to visit dealer once because the air suspension compressor failed. I'm very happy with the car.

Cheers

MY22PCT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Turbo S
Country flag
I just saw an interesting article about the most miles driven per year over a 3 year period. Tesla was roughly 12K and Taycan was 6K.

Article link:
https://www.iseecars.com/most-driven-evs-study

I don't feel so bad now knowing my average is about 5K/year at the most on my Taycan CPO but the Porsche sales manager that had my vehicle for the first 2 years put 30K on it which at 15K/yr is a ton of driving! That's what I used to do in sales, on the road every day during the week and going somewhere every weekend. Guy had to be young & single... I'm getting old so 5K a year driving locally, driving rentals another 10K a year along with 200K miles in a plane.

The last thing I want to do when I get a few rare days at home is to go on long drives...
hi

I have a Turbo S Cross Turismo, registered March ‘22 and just about to break 55,000. That’s over 2,000 a month. It’s been in 9 different countries. I love it and it drives like new.

All the best

Matt

MY22PCT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hi

I have a Turbo S Cross Turismo, registered March ‘22 and just about to break 55,000. That’s over 2,000 a month. It’s been in 9 different countries. I love it and it drives like new.

All the best

Matt
that’s miles by the way.

OP
OP

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster & 2021 Taycan
Country flag
hi

All the best

Matt
Wow! That's a lot of miles but you are enjoying the hell out of her!
I'm getting old so I don't drive every day for work or pleasure like a used to. A bit jealous you're having so much fun driving your Taycan everywhere!

MY22PCT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wow! That's a lot of miles but you are enjoying the hell out of her!
I'm getting old so I don't drive every day for work or pleasure like a used to. A bit jealous you're having so much fun driving your Taycan everywhere!
Thanks.

I’m retired but on my second family so boys are at high/secondary school so lots of commuting with them over tremendous roads (eg the Cat and Fiddle pass).

Best car I’ve had so far, but also the one with the most warranty work (about 30 I’d guess so far).

Matt

OP
OP

Gino

First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Boxster & 2021 Taycan
Country flag
Thanks.

I’m retired but on my second family so boys are at high/secondary school so lots of commuting with them over tremendous roads (eg the Cat and Fiddle pass).

Best car I’ve had so far, but also the one with the most warranty work (about 30 I’d guess so far).

Matt
It is such a pleasure to drive. My wife wanted a 2 door coupe but when she saw & then drove the Taycan she fell in love.

Krinsky1965

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base, 2015 Porsche 991.1 GTS
Country flag
So your Taycan needed a full set of brake pads at 40K miles? That sounds unusual no? The design of the braking system was that the brakes are likely to time out (6 years) before they wear out….unless you had some regular track days sprinkled in?
No, I replaced the worn brakes at or around 26K miles, I now have 40K on the car. My wife also had brakes done around the same milage.

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
No, I replaced the worn brakes at or around 26K miles, I now have 40K on the car. My wife also had brakes done around the same milage.
Yes that does not sound right at all the car barely even uses the actual mechanical brakes. I have a feeling it’s more of your dealer taking advantage of you. I’ve never had to replace any of my 30+ cars brakes over the years with that low of mileage.

Krinsky1965

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base, 2015 Porsche 991.1 GTS
Country flag
I check my own pads and had 10-15% remaining. I don't use the dealer for anything I can either do myself or can be done by our local mechanic who has been servicing our german made vehicles for the last 12 years. We live in an area that is all hills, I rarely drive flat terrain and typically replace pads around 18 months. I felt they should have lasted longer as well but my wife's Taycan lasted about the same and neither of us use the recuperating brake feature.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
I do around 40kkm/year. So my Taycan will do significant more kms than comparable EV’s. But don’t really care, I have it to drive it as a daily.

I do about 14,000 miles in my Taycan maybe a bit less in the future and reckon that’ll way last 10 years. It’s just a wonderful car to drive. The width is a bit of a problem on UK bqxk
Roads but it just slows me down which can’t be all bad

Art

First Name
Arto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T 4S, 997 C4, Willys MB, 628 CSiA, ST4S, 750 Paso
Country flag
I've done 1266 km's this year during the 12 days the 4S has not been in service.
I wonder why Taycan's have so low numbers :facepalm:

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just saw an interesting article about the most miles driven per year over a 3 year period. Tesla was roughly 12K and Taycan was 6K.

Article link:
https://www.iseecars.com/most-driven-evs-study

I don't feel so bad now knowing my average is about 5K/year at the most on my Taycan CPO but the Porsche sales manager that had my vehicle for the first 2 years put 30K on it which at 15K/yr is a ton of driving! That's what I used to do in sales, on the road every day during the week and going somewhere every weekend. Guy had to be young & single... I'm getting old so 5K a year driving locally, driving rentals another 10K a year along with 200K miles in a plane.

The last thing I want to do when I get a few rare days at home is to go on long drives...
I have a 3.5 year old Taycan 4S and have done 43k miles, which includes it being off the road for 5 months due to various technical faults. I’m awaiting delivery of my Cross Turismo and just been told they’ve put production back to the 25 model and as they don’t guarantee price when order placed they’ve put it up not insignificantly 🤔😬😱😢
Sponsored