Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I have the 2+1 option...........You do not lose the armrest and rear seat cupholder in the rear
OK - then it's just a slight change in the seat pattern, which might bother some people with the 18 way seats, and the extra seatbelt. I can certainly see why you would order it if you're transporting 5 people - even occasionally.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
OK - then it's just a slight change in the seat pattern, which might bother some people with the 18 way seats, and the extra seatbelt. I can certainly see why you would order it if you're transporting 5 people - even occasionally.
I believe you still have armrest and cup holders, but the bottom surface is different. Standard has a small tray, while 2+1 has smooth surface for sitting. Additionally, standard has 60-40 split bench, while 2+1 has 40-20-40 fold-down seating. As one member said: could be used for 2 backseaters and protruding skis.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Wish I read this thread a couple months back. My car is sitting in Emden waiting to cross the ocean. Oh well, gives me an excuse to say no to the kids wanting another friend in the car!

LivingWithPorsches

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan 4S (July '20), ‘66 Porsche 912, ‘11 987 Spyder
Country flag
I had it on my option sheet but later removed it after reading people saying it made the back seat not look as nice.
Now that I have my Taycan without it, I would have kept the 2+1 knowing what I know now. The center tray you get isn't particularly functional. The center head rest may be the only real negative as the rear window is pretty small as is.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I tested the car with that headrest and I didn't react to the lack of visibility. Maybe there is something wrong with me.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I also have to say, I've had my Panamera GTS for over 105,000 miles, and not once have I needed to transport 5 passengers. When we do go for a 5 passenger ride, it's in our SUV, which is extremely comfortable.

Certainly if you're a family with five people, I can see the reasoning. What I need is room for a 120lb dog...:D

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'd love to have a 3rd car and just keep the Macan, but getting someplace with that size garage here is seriously cost prohibitive, unless you like 2hr commutes. Since all passengers in CA have to have seat belts (my wife actually got a ticket for not wearing one in the back riding with her sister), it was a no-brainer to add the 2+1 in case we want to drive and go with her sister and her sister's husband and kid. :p

RRVV17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, GLS580
Country flag
I had it on my option sheet but later removed it after reading people saying it made the back seat not look as nice.
Now that I have my Taycan without it, I would have kept the 2+1 knowing what I know now. The center tray you get isn't particularly functional. The center head rest may be the only real negative as the rear window is pretty small as is.
One more thing for anyone still undecided on this option..........While driving today I realized the rear middle head rest on the 2+1 option does not stick out high enough to block any portion of the view through the rear view mirror. From that angle, .the top edge of the head rest sits just below the rear dash panel where the bottom of the rear window starts. Just FYI.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Interesting. I’ve got that option as well but didn’t think it may help resale. I can’t see me ever having more that 3 passengers in the car.
I asked my dealer's sales manager this question (USA) & he looked at me like I was nuts. He said hardly anyone is ordering it so he doesn't think it matters at all for resale here.

I'm torn on it because I think the third seatbelt and buckle ruins the look of the back seat & it also moves the side seat belt buckles, making each side seat (marginally) less comfortable. My Macan has two car seats in it & there's zero chance a third person can squeeze in the middle. It's simply too narrow. The Taycan, ironically, has more width for a third person to jam in there.

Misgivings aside, I'm leaning towards adding it back into my build simply to get the center passthrough, which could come in handy transporting a long object without having to take out one of the car seats. And maybe when the kids are a little bigger a friend can squeeze in the middle if that friend has no legs. :like:

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I asked my dealer's sales manager this question (USA) & he looked at me like I was nuts. He said hardly anyone is ordering it so he doesn't think it matters at all for resale here.

I'm torn on it because I think the third seatbelt and buckle ruins the look of the back seat & it also moves the side seat belt buckles, making each side seat (marginally) less comfortable. My Macan has two car seats in it & there's zero chance a third person can squeeze in the middle. It's simply too narrow. The Taycan, ironically, has more width for a third person to jam in there.

Misgivings aside, I'm leaning towards adding it back into my build simply to get the center passthrough, which could come in handy transporting a long object without having to take out one of the car seats. And maybe when the kids are a little bigger a friend can squeeze in the middle if that friend has no legs. :like:
I see two issues with the 2+1, first if you get 18 way seats, the front and the back don't match. 2nd, the view thru the rear window is already somewhat obstructed, why add to it as the 2+1 adds another head rest right where you don't need it. Too many options are great for your particular use, but getting someone on the other end to look for only that option is a pretty low percentage. Spend it on some other more meaningful option besides, 4 people in a Porsche is 2 more than usual.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I like the contrasting seats in the rear with the 18 way. I think it makes the rear seats actually look better than a one colour all over option.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
the view thru the rear window is already somewhat obstructed, why add to it as the 2+1 adds another head rest right where you don't need it.
I think the headrest comes off if you plan to carry three people in the back only once a year or so. Can't do much about the mismatched seats.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
You can move the headrest up and down but it does not appear to come out completely. Regardless it doesn’t really obscure the view when it’s in it lowest position.