rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
The Taycan 4S I test drove recently had the base interior and the Turbo in the showroom had racetex. No real issues with the base interior and I didn't really care for the Racetex. From the pics I've seen, the full leather interior does seem to make it look more special w/ the extra leather/stitching covering the doors and dash. I think you also get higher quality leather that is softer and smoother--having had something similar on a past BMW (And current Range Rover) it is one of those subtle things that just made the car more enjoyable in a subtle way.

Having said all that, I feel like there are always 4k worth of other options that i'd be tempted to tick off first....

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have had leather stitched dashboard etc in a BMW 6 series. It is very nice. However not gone with it in the Taycan. Will have to wait and see what it's like.

Pedrotaycan

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Eclass
Country flag
In Hong Kong, because of tax, every option is about double.

So Full leather is an extra $10,000 from standard interior on a RWD Taycan. Strangely the Race-tex vegan leather is also $10,000 extra. Still considering whether either is worth. I want a nice cabin but is the standard good enough?

OP
OP
Mysta

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Yeah - because there's a lot of options and traditionally options do not sell well later so if you keep it long, easier decision. But a high cost for a 'showy' option is not going to net returns later.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
I got the standard but would have gone RaceTex if it weren’t a
$4k extra. Not sure how the material justifies the huge price addition.

Pennyroyal

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, 2022 Mercedes GLC
Country flag
We've had a new Taycan on order with ETA end of May. Poking around the dealership lot Sunday we spotted a new RWD that had most of what we were looking for and picked it up yesterday. It has the standard leather in black, it is very luxurious and in the dark color the stitching details are harder to see. The light color looks cheaper but black looks nice. For now, our dog trips will be limited to the GLC.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Ordered RWD with standard black interior. Added 14-way seats with ventilation.

Will these seats be the same seats as if we were to have ordered the optional black leather interior? Configurator a bit confusing on this. Thanks

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
Ordered RWD with standard black interior. Added 14-way seats with ventilation.

Will these seats be the same seats as if we were to have ordered the optional black leather interior? Configurator a bit confusing on this. Thanks
Yes they're the same, full leather rather than the leather / plastic combo the Macan gets as standard.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Drove both - my personal opinion - I'd never take it with the partial leather. Full leather and bigger battery should be the very first things to spec on the Taycan. It's is not a Toyota Prius but it makes the car look way less luxurious. At the price range of the Taycan I think it would be a shame to not spec it.

OP
OP
Mysta

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Drove both - my personal opinion - I'd never take it with the partial leather. Full leather and bigger battery should be the very first things to spec on the Taycan. It's is not a Toyota Prius but it makes the car look way less luxurious. At the price range of the Taycan I think it would be a shame to not spec it.
Eh, there’s a lot more to a car than dash and paneling.
Sponsored