Olea vs Full Leather

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Hi

Quick question. I’ve ordered a 4S with Full black leather, dark silver accents and the Aluminum rhombus package. Now I’m debating to pay the additional $1800 for the Olea leather. Can anyone suggest the differences or if it’s worth it ? My dealer said they look the same but the feel is much more premium. I’m justifying if I want to pay the additional ? Is the Olea darker or smoother ? Any pictures - Any thoughts from someone who made a similar choice. Or any reasons why go for Olea above the other.

Thanks
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
IMHO, Olea worth every single $, €, or £.
you won’t se differences on photos, but if you can see & touch it in person, i bet you’ll go for it…for,sure.
i’ve seen mine (truffle brown), i touched and sat on … it’s something completely different.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Leather quality is softer, stained differently, uses higher grade, less stretched hide. Has a more grainy texture.
It smells different due to the natural staining process. (Olea is an olive)

Additional Leather on the back of the front seat is in leather.

Neodyme accent and the sport Chrono clock dial is in neodyme.

Last edited:

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
I have Olea with dark silver accents. The leader is more of a very dark charcoal than deep black, stitching is also a charcoal rather than black. Feels lovely and looks great, very uniform. Seatback in leather is a nice extra over the standard full leather.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/black-cross-turismo-4s-collected.6018/
thanks ! did you also see the regular black leather ? what would you say about the color & stitching of it vs basalt. when you say basalt olea is more charcoal, how do you compare with black leather color ?

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
thanks ! did you also see the regular black leather ? what would you say about the color & stitching of it vs basalt. when you say basalt olea is more charcoal, how do you compare with black leather color ?
I did not compare side by side, delaship was closed for COVID when I placed my order. See some photos below vs black plastic / screen parts.

Porsche Taycan Olea vs Full Leather IMG_0995

Porsche Taycan Olea vs Full Leather IMG_0996

Porsche Taycan Olea vs Full Leather IMG_0997

Porsche Taycan Olea vs Full Leather IMG_0998

OP
OP

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
Thanks ! Thats helpful. I'm wondering if this is the case with black leather too. The car I test drove, was black leather and I feel, I also didn't find it to be jet black. It had a dark blue undertone. It would be so much useful if there were images of swatches at dealerships

Porsche Taycan Olea vs Full Leather Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 8.06.00 PM

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Thanks ! Thats helpful. I'm wondering if this is the case with black leather too. The car I test drove, was black leather and I feel, I also didn't find it to be jet black. It had a dark blue undertone. It would be so much useful if there were images of swatches at dealerships

Screen Shot 2021-09-06 at 8.06.00 PM.png
Standard black leather will not be jet black. it's a blue, grayish color