Battery range upgrade?

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
When the new Sports Turismo range was released I vaguely remember reading that the increased battery range would be rolled out to all existing Taycans through dealer delivered upgrades.

Firstly is that correct and if so has anyone actually had the upgrade?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When the new Sports Turismo range was released I vaguely remember reading that the increased battery range would be rolled out to all existing Taycans through dealer delivered upgrades.

Firstly is that correct and if so has anyone actually had the upgrade?
Not had it.

Car is due in for the safety recall and perhaps the software patch will be applied then - not holding my breath but will ask along with the PCM updates.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
I think the range increase is simply the same upgrade that the MY22 got except that the Sport Turismo got a new WLTP rating since it’s a new model.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
My understanding.... I know others disagree.....

The range was already increased across the pre-GTS Taycan range - but the WLTP figs have not been updated yet - since it was not a model change. I guess the figs will be updated at the next facelift.

The GTS was classed a new model and was tested - so the GTS WLTP figs reflect the same upgrades as already fitted to the rest of the range

So the WLTP range for the GTS is pretty close to the equivalent 'standard trim' versions - but the WLTP figs for the other models don't yet reflect that. They will when the model is updated and re-tested.

cheers

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My range is still mediocre and the stated enhancements would be unlikely in my climate unfortunately. WLTP measures are PANTS IMHO and a world away from reality.

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My range is still mediocre and the stated enhancements would be unlikely in my climate unfortunately. WLTP measures are PANTS IMHO and a world away from reality.
I don't know - it feels like about 10% off with normal driving. That said, you can tromp on it everywhere you go and widen the gap...but that's the same as any ICE powered vehicle as well.

If you wanna see a cavernous gap between eMPG ratings and a reality, just drive a Tesla. No one is gonna accomplish their published spec unless they travel downhill with a tailwind.
Sponsored