batteredhaddock

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT since 8th April 22
Country flag
OP lives in UK so this time of year will be doing well to get 220 - 225 on a full charge. On a 350kW charger which toasts the battery it will no doubt report 250 odds but 2 mins of driving it will cool and settle down to around 225. Charging at home will never reach the dizzy heights of summer charging range.
All good overall comments to expected range but I believe the problem is much simpler, his actual range isn't corresponding to the reported efficiency per kW. Yes summertime may see a 3mile/KW or a really bad winters day (or going absolutely nuts in the summer) may see a sub 1.8mile/kW but the OP is getting 2.4mile/KW reported (not bad for the time of year, though that is a slow average speed..) but not the corresponding expected mileage?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
All good overall comments to expected range but I believe the problem is much simpler, his actual range isn't corresponding to the reported efficiency per kW. Yes summertime may see a 3mile/KW or a really bad winters day (or going absolutely nuts in the summer) may see a sub 1.8mile/kW but the OP is getting 2.4mile/KW reported (not bad for the time of year, though that is a slow average speed..) but not the corresponding expected mileage?
Could be but our analysis is far from scientific - we'd need to see all trip data (I think only a 3.25hr trip was shared).

Overall I don't think there is an actual issue here - it will improve with miles as we have all experienced.

MACookie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi all, see my post in “CT real world range” thread which you may find interesting and very relevant to this thread

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's been in the upper 20's and today is 45 degrees. I will get 160 miles, MAX, range this charging cycle (@85%). And that's typical.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Also it should get better over time. My CT4 started with about 200 miles at 100% but now it has risen to about 255 miles on full charge. What are your driving habits?
Yes my Taycan CT4 started off around 200-210 at 85% charge and now I've bumped it up to 90% SOC plus put about 1100 miles on it and am geting about 220-225 miles per charge. Hope to get better as I go. Agree that driving style does vary and use of driving modes as well as regeneration setting and taking advantage of terrain helps as the car coasts for days if you let it...
Sponsored