Best screen cleaner?

Hiflyin20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello all,
What’s the best screen cleaner to use? The fingerprints are finally driving me nuts.
Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hiflyin20

Hiflyin20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve gotten few scratches in my dash using a dry microfiber cloth. One spec of dust or something and it will scratch. Be careful.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I had my dash and screens ppf’d so it doesn’t really get as much fingerprint marks. But I do use Gtechniq perfect glass to clean my windscreen and so also wipe down the screens with that. It does a great job of cleaning the screens and windscreen

Last edited:

JohnnyCage

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Country flag
Loads of good stuff out there. Try the detailers section for products that are mild, effective and leave no residue. Poorboys world / DodoJuice / Meguiars / Mother's I have tried them all and all work great. I believe Dodo and Poorboys also come in tiny little tester size sprays (60/120ml?) that are quite convenient if they still make them. Or go to your local optometrist and grab a small bottle of spectacle cleaner. Personally would go for car specific.

Not an answer to your questions and a mild hijack..but what about an anti-glare, anti fingerprint screen protector? Amazon sells Brotect, maybe someone has experience with these? Am interested myself as well.

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
Zeiss lense wipes. I use them on most of my screens and optics.

DMTonka

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
This is one of those times when the Porsche branded items are totally overpriced but definitely high quality. They have their own, spray cleaner which is probably nothing fancy, but it comes in a travel size container that is wrapped in felt type cloth. You use the container to actually wipe the spray off, and that way it doesn't activate the screen when you're wiping it. I tried a similar knock off one from Amazon and moving forward I am spending the extra money on the Porsche one.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU6054.html

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Xpel PPF film applied to my cars' screens. Very few fingerprints and no risk of scratching. Love it.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I use eyeglass cleaning cloth

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
I had my dash and screens ppf’d so it doesn’t really get as much fingerprint marks. But I do use Gtechniq perfect glass to clean my windscreen and so also wipe down the screens with that. It does a great job of cleaning the screens and windscreen
My PPF guy said he wouldn’t do it so I’m considering getting some screen protector film. Was considering this from sun coast parts. Curious if anyone has tried it? Cheap Amazon ones have poor reviews.
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/spftay.html

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
My PPF guy said he wouldn’t do it so I’m considering getting some screen protector film. Was considering this from sun coast parts. Curious if anyone has tried it? Cheap Amazon ones have poor reviews.
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/spftay.html
Have it. Love it - fingerprints are tolerable. Just make sure it is installed correctly - they have film on both sides and no blue film remains.
Sponsored