Better acceleration in Sport Mode (vs Sport Plus) ?

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
Hello everybody, this is my second Taycan. I had a 4s before and it's a GTS. in both cases I tested the performance of the two cars with the Dragy device. testing the acceleration I noticed that both with the 4s, both now with the GTS and in Sport mode via launch against the performances are better than Sport Plus. i don't understand why i have always owned porsche and on macan, cayenne and 991 and 992 sport plus mode was the fastest. with the Taycan acceleration is better in Sport than in Sport Plus by about 2/3 tenths of a second. yet Porsche declares that only with the Sport Plus mode and launch control activated is there the fastest acceleration ... some idea? Has anyone else tested this? thank you
Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Haven’t tested that specifically but I did do launch control the other day in individual and it felt faster then in sport plus.
Individual settings
Sport Plus Mode
Normal suspension
Lowest height setting

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
with the Taycan acceleration is better in Sport than in Sport Plus by about 2/3 tenths of a second. yet Porsche declares that only with the Sport Plus mode and launch control activated is there the fastest acceleration .
When you switched to sport plus mode, did you allow the battery pre-heat to complete before you launched?

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Launch control is a party trick, nothing more. Sport Plus is for actual sustained high performance driving. Maybe the way that Sport Plus changes battery thermal management has some small impact on launch times.

But also, 2/3 of a second seems like a reasonable margin of error given how many external factors may play into launch times

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
I dragy 3.7 with my 4s

mjw930

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCT, ‘21 Ridgeline (modded)
Country flag
Unscientific but I have observed the same. Fastest 0-60 is in Sport, not Sport Plus. However, the road wasn’t drag strip smooth and I noticed it fighting for grip in sport plus more than sport on the upshift which I chalk up to shock damping. You can see that’s where acceleration dropped on the Sport Plus run.

Didn’t have time to run more, not on a closed course.

SPORT

Porsche Taycan Better acceleration in Sport Mode (vs Sport Plus) ? IMG_0616

SPORT PLUS

Porsche Taycan Better acceleration in Sport Mode (vs Sport Plus) ? IMG_0619

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
I dragy 3.7 with my 4s
Consistent with my 3.84s with the CT4s.....but I am trading in for a Turbo S CT on the 22nd August....will dragy again soon after and report back. It better be a lot faster than the 4s for the money paid. :)

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Launch control can be performed in either sport or sport plus modus. I thinm the power is the same, moreover the suspension differs quite a bit and steering firmness. I believe power output in sport or sport plus is the same. I am trading my 4s CT for a TS CT and I wish the sport plus mode would give permanent power....would Porsche ever release a software update for that???

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Launch control can be performed in either sport or sport plus modus. I thinm the power is the same, moreover the suspension differs quite a bit and steering firmness. I believe power output in sport or sport plus is the same. I am trading my 4s CT for a TS CT and I wish the sport plus mode would give permanent power....would Porsche ever release a software update for that???
I'd love to swap launch for a boost button. Be much more useful way of getting yourself into a ditch!

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'd love to swap launch for a boost button. Be much more useful way of getting yourself into a ditch!
Haha. And a turbo boost michael knight / KIT button to get you out of that same ditch!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Unscientific but I have observed the same. Fastest 0-60 is in Sport, not Sport Plus. However, the road wasn’t drag strip smooth and I noticed it fighting for grip in sport plus more than sport on the upshift which I chalk up to shock damping. You can see that’s where acceleration dropped on the Sport Plus run.
Interesting, and might be due to Sport+ generally allowing things to get more out of shape (if the driver doesn't prevent that) than in Sport before intervention of driver assistance systems.
Sponsored