Black/Limestone Beige Standard vs. Full leather?

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think I have decided for my Gentian Blue RWD to go Beige interior based on comments here.

Is the full leather worth the $4700 upgrade? I am thinking no and that money is better spent on other options.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I think it depends on what you’re used to. We have standard beige and we’re fine with it, but we also had/have standard interior in other P cars. There are others that will tell you full leather is a necessity.

OP
OP
DACSarasota

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think it depends on what you’re used to. We have standard beige and we’re fine with it, but we also had/have standard interior in other P cars. There are others that will tell you full leather is a necessity.
I am not coming from leather car but wife has a very nice leather Highlander. A lot more surfaces though.

I wish I had cars locally to see the difference. From photos, looks like primarily the addition of stitching.

OP
OP
DACSarasota

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
From the photos, that standard interior looks fantastic to me!

Looks like you got the dark silver accent. Hard to tell if that makes much of a difference. Do you feel it was worth it as opposed to just having those few features black?
Standard black accents, actually.
Looks fine to me.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think I have decided for my Gentian Blue RWD to go Beige interior based on comments here.

Is the full leather worth the $4700 upgrade? I am thinking no and that money is better spent on other options.
I have a 2020 4S with full leather (black). I have a 2021 4S CT on order (will be trading the 2020). Was going to save some money and go with standard black interior - then saw standard interior on 4S in showroom and thought that it looked cheap compared to what I had been driving. Long story short, I switched to full leather black/beige (switched from Venetian blue to carmine red exterior). As they say, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". And as my former business partner used to say to me, "it's only money, you'll make more"...

Last edited:

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had standard leather in my previous Panamera and always regretted it (was a showroom floor purchase). In the Taycan it is not just the number of surfaces that are not leather, but also the quality of the leather used that varies between standard leather, full leather and Olea. The full leather feels softer and has a nicer texture in addition to many more surfaces covered in leather. Having said that, front seat inner side squabs are fabric even with full leather (seriously, how much money does this really save?). I have not seen/felt Olea

Reactions: B61

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Most likely the fabric is there to reduce squeaks from leather rubbing against plastic
I had standard leather in my previous Panamera and always regretted it (was a showroom floor purchase). In the Taycan it is not just the number of surfaces that are not leather, but also the quality of the leather used that varies between standard leather, full leather and Olea. The full leather feels softer and has a nicer texture in addition to many more surfaces covered in leather. Having said that, front seat inner side squabs are fabric even with full leather (seriously, how much money does this really save?). I have not seen/felt Olea
queajs

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
as much as I prefer the nicer texture of the full leather I’d be hard pressed to spend 5k on it unless I had first specced all my other must have options and was still under budget.

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had never thought about that. It was also fabric in my previous cars with "full leather", so that would make sense.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag

I had leather everything in my previous ride (and loved the look, smell, feel, etc.) but then made the mistake of watching the documentary "Earthlings"; now I feel guilty even purchasing leather shoes. Too bad Porsche does not offer the vegan interior as standard (it is just a bunch of recycled crap -- has to be cheaper than real leather). Bottom line: my vote goes for as little real leather as possible! (The standard beige looks quite nice, much better than the standard black or slate grey IMO.) And for sure there are lots of goodies that you can pick up for $5k that will provide more driving entertainment than a piece of cow skin on your dashboard. Rest assured, I am not judging anyone for their interior choice; in fact, if i could get the full leather interior in chalk (like what is available on the Panamera), cows' lives would be in serious danger!

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
In my opinion the Standard interior in the Taycan is OK, but with the Full Leather Option the car feels much more luxurious inside driving it every day. It is an option which you feel and see every time you get into the car. This can not be said for many of the Porsche options, so I think the price is not that high for what you get.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
In light of the environmental issues I am looking into race-Tex in blue/grey combo. But having trouble finding opinions on race-Tex durability compared to leather.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
In my opinion the Standard interior in the Taycan is OK, but with the Full Leather Option the car feels much more luxurious inside driving it every day. It is an option which you feel and see every time you get into the car. This can not be said for many of the Porsche options, so I think the price is not that high for what you get.
Exactly. I have a loaner 4S now and it has standard limestone. Definitely feels cheap for a Porsche. Glad I have full leather - the only way I'd order a Porsche.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61