tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I have had intermittent issues with all screens going black, except the primary screen behind the steering wheel. This includes the Passenger, Main (upper) and AC (Lower) screens. The problem occurs when I first try to enter the car; these screens are black and will continue until remedied, which I have a theory. It has happened 3-4 times to me, including once when it was getting serviced by Porsche dealership for the alarm issue (which they fixed with a new sensor and hasn't seemed to come back, even with interior monitor on.).

I am 75% confident the "black screens" only occurs when the following occurs:
  • Porsche gives us two keys to our car; I will call them Key A and Key B.
  • I use key A to drive and leave them in the car overnight.
  • I forget they are in the car, so I find keys B in house and use Keys B to drive the car, forgetting Keys A are already in the car. So now both keys are in the car.
  • I enter car and screens are black.
  • I drive all day in and out of car with both keys in the car (or my pocket) and screens continue black, even after sitting for hours.
  • Alternatively it could be I continue using Key B after putting Key A away. Screens remain black. (unsure on this step)
  • I get home and take both keys inside and come out with Keys A and lock and unlock car and screens come to life.
Has anyone else experienced the black screens or similar experience? My Porsche dealership seemed to concur not to leave keys in car overnight but have no conclusive findings. They have ordered me a new PCM control board. Maybe I will get the colored icons. lol.
Sponsored

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
I'm tracking issues of the Taycan for 17 month now, but never heard of your one.
This explains the zero reaction!

Reactions: B61

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I don't have my car yet, and so haven't experienced that. But my first reaction was don't leave the keys in your car.

Also people will see this thread.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I don't have my car yet, and so haven't experienced that. But my first reaction was don't leave the keys in your car.

Also people will see this thread.
Same here... but maybe that's advantage for those of us, who received one key only :giggle:

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I have the issue with blank screens. I don't have a passenger screen but the two centre screens are blank also everyday I try and use the car. The front instrument cluster is fine. I have a CT4 MY22 from Nov 21.

I don't think it's anything to do with keys. I have two sets of keys but only ever use one set and the other set are out of the way in the house.

The underlying buttons work if you can guess where they are on the screens. I need to put the PCM into engineering mode and reboot to user mode to resolve it until the next day,

I didn't even have to option the feature, it was FoC :)

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
Yes - My underlying buttons work as well but useless because we can't see where they are. How do you put PCM in engineering mode and reboot to user mode?

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I have a RHD car in the UK, and if I touch two fingers at the top right of the top middle screen for a few seconds it reboots into engineering mode. Then the bottom selection is to reboot to user mode.

I guess with a LHD you will also put two fingers at the top right.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
Had the black pcm screen several times. It is like it just failed to boot like a pc. Seemed to fix itself turning the car off and leaving a few hours. However I would be interested in trying the solution directly above.

JLA

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
Hi,

I've had the same black screens (not main screen). They are black but functional with haptic feedback.
Normally it happens after parking longer than a day ~40hours.
The cure has been the 2 finger re-boot.
However, last time I then plugged-in the charger and pushed where the "direct charging" button is supposed to be - and it started charging.
After charging (which could be followed and controlled on the app) the screens turned on again without re-boot.

/ Jan

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Went on vacation for a week, left the car with 85% charge, locked. Came home and started the car and the center display was off. Passenger and lower screen were fine. Ran an errand, got back in and now all three are dark. trying the 2 finger reboot and no success. I get the haptic feedback and sound but nothing else. Then I turned off CarPlay on my phone and the reboot worked. Very odd. Thankfully all back to normal now. Not the first time CarPlay has messed with the screens.