BOSE Delays

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
No idea. I just checked TYD, and status is today unavailable - was phase 2 yesterday. Hope this means it is about to start production and the web page is updating.
Yea but the freese date is usually close to start of production
Sponsored

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My dealer told me they will know beginning next week which orders precisely are affected. They did not mention that people whose order was already past freeze date were unaffected.

I can only hope that’s true because my freeze date was a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Does anyone think you could grab some speaker parts from E-Tron GTs and upgrade your Taycans that way?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Does anyone think you could grab some speaker parts from E-Tron GTs and upgrade your Taycans that way?
Given Taycans have been around longer, you probably have a better chance to find Taycan parts from salvage vehicles.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Found out yesterday that my Turbo S is on-target for assembly in two weeks time with a late Nov delivery. It will include the Bose stereo as part of its standard configuration.

peraz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Possibly, check with your dealer.

I was looking into an aftermarket audio system where I was considering buying a cancelled order EV this summer, which had the base sound system.

I will save you some research time: https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/match/amplifiers/up-7dsp

The above is considered best in class within its price range, and is likely compatible with your Taycan, though you should DYOR.

It is the amp and not so much the speakers that make the most drastic improvement to car audio. So you could get away with installing an amp and leave the base speakers as is.

Could possibly end up sounding better than the Bose...
I've installed this in my car along with a matching Match/Audiotec-Fischer sub in the trunk. Lows, highs and clarity significantly improved. Huge upgrade from the standard system which is truly subpar with especially muddy mids and lows, distorting even at mid-volume. Had a professional tune the DSP with mic and soundstage (at least in drivers seat) is pretty decent. This setup does not cut existing cables, it is a plug & play to standard VW Group system and it can be uninstalled without a trace when you want to sell car later. Had dealer confirm this does not void warranty.

Have not compared to Bose, but at least the standard can be upgraded significantly with little effort, although price-wise you are looking at Bose option if you cannot install yourself.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like our GTS will be worthless used 🤣
we didn’t spec Bose, listening to music is way down on our list of priorities when buying a car.
I know you are being facetious, but you might actually have a point. If most 2022 Taycans 4S and lower will be missing Bose, then the GTS with Bose will get a boost in resale price. Anyone who has Bose on their must-have list will see the GTS with Bose with no cheaper option. How big that boost will be, only time will tell. It will probably depend on what aftermarket audio upgrade options are available at that time.

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
I know you are being facetious, but you might actually have a point. If most 2022 Taycans 4S and lower will be missing Bose, then the GTS with Bose will get a boost in resale price. Anyone who has Bose on their must-have list will see the GTS with Bose with no cheaper option. How big that boost will be, only time will tell. It will probably depend on what aftermarket audio upgrade options are available at that time.
We’ve had 991 GT3 and GTS , both without Bose and didn’t have a problem selling them, I really can’t see the point of specifying an expensive sound system in a car, I’m from the north U.K. and we are notorious for being tight 🤣…….I won’t pay for metallic paint either 💁

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
In an idle moment I looked up the part numbers of some of the Bose components, I wasn't bored enough to do a comprehensive job but it does seem that at least some of the speakers are common across models. I found an eBay listing for Cayenne speakers that had the same part number

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We’ve had 991 GT3 and GTS , both without Bose and didn’t have a problem selling them, I really can’t see the point of specifying an expensive sound system in a car, I’m from the north U.K. and we are notorious for being tight 🤣…….I won’t pay for metallic paint either 💁
Absolutely, there are people who don't care, they will shop with or without Bose, and then there are people who do care, which will shop only with Bose or higher. It doesn't mean base models without any options will not sell, just that models with certain options will get more possible customers, therefore more competition, therefore higher price. How much higher, no clue, don't know how many people care that much.

PS> Best resale value, i.e. least depreciation you will get is usually the basest models with no options. I'm surprised you went with GTS or GT3 if you are that notorious for being tight. ;)

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
There is always an easy aftermarket for the speakers/amp, so there Is no need to stress it. Same applies for second hand market.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I've installed this in my car along with a matching Match/Audiotec-Fischer sub in the trunk. Lows, highs and clarity significantly improved. Huge upgrade from the standard system which is truly subpar with especially muddy mids and lows, distorting even at mid-volume. Had a professional tune the DSP with mic and soundstage (at least in drivers seat) is pretty decent. This setup does not cut existing cables, it is a plug & play to standard VW Group system and it can be uninstalled without a trace when you want to sell car later. Had dealer confirm this does not void warranty.

Have not compared to Bose, but at least the standard can be upgraded significantly with little effort, although price-wise you are looking at Bose option if you cannot install yourself.
Excellent, huge thanks for this post! That is very good to know for anyone stuck with the base system where Bose or Burmester is deleted because of shortages.

Hopefully when my GTS ST arrives in the year 2134, it will have the Bose.

Looks like my research came up good, and you have just confirmed it will work - and not void the warranty!

Out of interest, is it difficult to install for anyone who is not a car mechanic?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
In an idle moment I looked up the part numbers of some of the Bose components, I wasn't bored enough to do a comprehensive job but it does seem that at least some of the speakers are common across models. I found an eBay listing for Cayenne speakers that had the same part number
Watch Matt Armstrong on YouTube. He's very charismatic and his content is excellent. Rebuilds crash damaged cars.

It wasn't until I watched his content that I found out even supercar brands make use of parts from Volvo to Citroen. Much of an Aston Martin engine is Mercedes.

Buying the model specific part costs thousands, however, he smartly finds the part number itself. That reveals it is a mass market component, only you pay a premium if it is "for X premium marque".

Buy that same part for a run-of-the-mill car brand, and you pay hundreds instead. Bit of a racket.

But you are correct in your findings where many Taycan components are shared across multiple brands, but of course, if you are shopping for that part for a Taycan, you are paying a huge premium. Shop that identical part for a mass-market car and pay peanuts.
Sponsored