Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari 360 spider, Jaguar I-pace, VW Karmann Ghia
Country flag
I'm noticing you really have to stab and press fairly hard on the brake pedal to activate brake-hold, anyone else experience this?

I have a Honda HRV and once at a stop, you just push gently and it activates....seems like we really need to drop some significant pressure on the Taycan, about twice as much as I'd think necessary, anyone else?
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
It is variable, sometimes a gentle squeeze works, other times either stab it.... or release foot and then retry with a gentle squeeze

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
I'm noticing you really have to stab and press fairly hard on the brake pedal to activate brake-hold, anyone else experience this?

I have a Honda HRV and once at a stop, you just push gently and it activates....seems like we really need to drop some significant pressure on the Taycan, about twice as much as I'd think necessary, anyone else?
Yep. For me it seems an easier press if the car is on an incline or decline, but on level ground it feels like a harder press is necessary.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Gentle steady pressure is all that's needed when the car is stationary.

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag

I just posted this topic last week. Yes my experience is like yours. Car has to be at a complete standstill and it then requires a very hard push down to activate. Much more difficult compared to other cars I’ve driven…

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/brake-hold-question….14190/#post-213335

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Mine is only a gentle press. Love this feature and it works great. Wish all my cars had it.

OP
OP
Steve R

Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
The manual states as attached. I’ve found a very short but sharp press of the pedal is by far the most effective way of engaging the hold

it’s not a hard thing to do and it’s not a hard press. It’s a quick sharp press

Porsche Taycan Brake-hold observation 57979AE1-0192-45DD-AAD5-048FCF7746EC

OP
OP
Steve R

Steve R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The manual states as attached. I’ve found a very short but sharp press of the pedal is by far the most effective way of engaging the hold

it’s not a hard thing to do and it’s not a hard press. It’s a quick sharp press

57979AE1-0192-45DD-AAD5-048FCF7746EC.png
Please trust me on this: the amount of downward pedal pressure required to active the brake-hold on the Taycan is at least twice of even 3x more than any other vehicle with this same feature requires. I know it can't be adjusted so I'm just bitchin' into the wind but curious if others experience this too.

On the flip side, it requires very little effort to open the door from the interior....but that's because there's an electrical latch release or door-pop that actually does the mechanical on that.

Could you tell me how to have radio station presets visible? I'd like to be able to switch between 4-5 different stations at ease and for the life of me I can't figure this out yet, thanks

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
I had a C63 and it was also fairly similar in terms of needing an extra press. In fact, our XC90 also needs a strong extra press. The Taycan is a sharper press, but doesn’t need to be hard, just sharp/quick. You don’t need to slam the pedal to the floor, just be sharp about it.

Can’t help on the Radio, sorry. It’s either CarPlay on Music, Audiobooks or Podcasts for me.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Depends on the degree of incline / decline that you're on. If the car is on relatively flat surface, then yes, it requires a harder press. If it's on a incline, then typically the car automatically engages hold for you when you're at a stop.

HowDoYouChargeIt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 CT 4S
Country flag
I think there's more touch/technique here than most think. Especially since you weren't the only one who has posted about this. I don't think it's necessarily how hard you push but how fast you push and release.

On my macan, I knew it had a hold but didn't get it to work until one day I did it by accident and then we able to easily do it. Got in the taycan and the same technique worked. I hold at almost every stop.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Mine is easy and consistent. No different than my previous cars (Macan and Panamera). Never had a reason to question it.

timo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS, Sequoia
Country flag
Love this feature. Didn't know I had it until reading the other thread.

Mine is very consistent. A gentle push is all it takes.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It’s not about the pressure needed but the speed of the press. I just do a quick flick of the foot once it’s stationary and it’s activated.
Sponsored