Burmester or Bose if all I use is Spotify via CarPlay?

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
In order to get the best out of the Burmester you have to use losses music files.
Streaming music on spotify or car play isn't going to bring out the qualities of the system.

No highs no lows must be Bose as the saying goes.
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
No highs no lows must be Bose as the saying goes.
Except, it’s not true in the Taycan. Add me to the “I was pleasantly surprised with the Bose system” camp.

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks all, seems like Bose is the way to go…will be hard for me to give up the neodyme speakers on the door but clearly that’s not worth the money.

Just so I’m clear, my November delivery date isn’t real? These parts are still back ordered?

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
As I've posted before The Burmeister is absolutely terrific. I have a moderate hearing loss and with the Burmeister plus my hearing aids its the best sound I've heard from anything in decades. Way better then my wifes Bose in her BMW.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am a music lover, I have been prepared to spend more on my home HiFi than I ever spent on a car, including the Taycan, but rarely listen to music in a car. I originally specified Bose but when I was told that there was an added delay on Bose electronics I dropped it and am getting the standard system.
I have been told everything from it being terrible to absolutely fine :)

Hoping for the latter.

IMO and IME the small noisy environment of a car and the inevitably “wrong” location of speakers relative to listener makes genuinely good wide dynamic range music reproduction anyway so I am not expecting much disappointment!

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
I recently had my Bose equipped Taycan in for service and received a Bose equipped Macan as a loaner. I was shocked by how crappy the Macan sounded. Taycan Bose is not even on the same planet as the junk in the Macan. Im no audiophile and my musical tastes are not nearly as sublime as others on this forum, but the Taycan Bose really satisfies — if you like loud, undistorted tunes from the likes of ACDC, Offspring, Chili Peppers etc. If you have lots of refinement and like being serenaded by violins, flutes, harpsichords, etc maybe the Burmester would be worth the extra jack.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I had a loaner Taycan for two weeks – did a road-trip to Spain in it – that had the Bose system optioned in it. I was blown away with how good it was. Much better than the Bose that was in my Panamera.
I read that Bose designed special/dedicated system for Taycan.
i haven’t heard Burmester…but I’m sure thst Bose is something completely different that I had in Koleos. Even my sales advisor suggested Bose…

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I originally specified Bose but when I was told that there was an added delay on Bose electronics I dropped it and am getting the standard system.
I was listening standard when i was on test drive with RWD. The sound was good enough, maybe even better as I had in Koleos.
they also had a 4s in the store, with Bose…and it was something completely different.
i didn;t want to check the sound of Burmester, since i knew that i’ll spend too much and i didn;t want to go over my budget (3 BTC).

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I recently had my Bose equipped Taycan in for service and received a Bose equipped Macan as a loaner. I was shocked by how crappy the Macan sounded. Taycan Bose is not even on the same planet as the junk in the Macan. Im no audiophile and my musical tastes are not nearly as sublime as others on this forum, but the Taycan Bose really satisfies — if you like loud, undistorted tunes from the likes of ACDC, Offspring, Chili Peppers etc. If you have lots of refinement and like being serenaded by violins, flutes, harpsichords, etc maybe the Burmester would be worth the extra jack.
That's really good insight. When I had my Macan, I told myself I'd spring for the upgraded sound system in my next car and here I am debating it, but it's good to have confirmation it's not apples to apples with the Macan Bose. I just don't want to end up in that situation again but it sounds like i'll be good with the Bose. If only I could get over not having those neodyme speakers...

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Just so I’m clear, my November delivery date isn’t real? These parts are still back ordered?
November delivery and you still haven‘t closed the order?
or, you are talking November 2023?

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
I’ll admit I’m not a sophisticated music listener, I’m very uncomplicated and all I use is Spotify on my Apple CarPlay. That said, I still want a really good sound system in my car. I had Bose in my 2018 Macan and I was really disappointed with it. I’ve read many threads that Burmester is overpriced and Bose is plenty fine but I’d like to know from those who just listen to music through an app on CarPlay. Also aesthetically Im getting Neodyme accents and prefer the neodyme speakers of Burmester, but that alone isn’t enough to justify $5800! Thoughts!?
I had burmester - really powerful system, but car is not ready for that power - literally all panels vibrate untolerably at deeper bass. So if you go with burmester, think about taking car to shop to do proper sound vibro insulation job.

bose in 911 sounds good and for the abovementioned issue, I would stay away from burmester alltogether.

panamera had burmester - that was a much better fit and better vibro insulation.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
That's really good insight. When I had my Macan, I told myself I'd spring for the upgraded sound system in my next car and here I am debating it, but it's good to have confirmation it's not apples to apples with the Macan Bose. I just don't want to end up in that situation again but it sounds like i'll be good with the Bose. If only I could get over not having those neodyme speakers...
If you hunt around the internet, there is a video out there somewhere regarding the development of the taycan's sound system by Bose. They really seemed to put in a big effort. The trick, apparently, was to deliver big time sound without consuming big time energy. Let's hope Porsche and Bose do the same when the Macan EV rolls off the line!

OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
November delivery and you still haven‘t closed the order?
or, you are talking November 2023?
I paid the deposit and my freeze date is approaching but it says ETA is November 2022

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

ayoussef

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Lucky man :like:
Either I’m lucky or it’s totally wrong based on what everyone is saying! Sounds like depending on what I order I might be in for some massive delays
Sponsored