smartymarti

First Name
Marti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s cross turismo
Country flag
It’s about right depending on where you go , porsche. centre home and Lidl seem to be the cheapest charge places , motorways are a fortune now £0.66p p kw with InstaVolt shell is 1p less at 65p, where ladle is 40p p kw

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Several operators have hiked their prices up (prematurely) following recent government intervention on energy prices. One increased their kWh unit price to £1 (!!!) Whilst others remained at 35p for the same speed / power of EVSE.

Ionity, Porsche Marketplace, ChargePlace Scotland (35p) are among those whose prices haven't increased (yet).

Petrol and diesel prices are high £1.55 for unleaded and £1.75 for diesel (recently both were close to £2 / litre).

Home charging prices have increased 16p -> 26p > 36p per kWh + 60p daily standing charge. Further increases coming. This is massively cheaper than petrol / diesel. Prices can be lower depending on tariff and provider.

The only accurate statement is that prices are fluid and the rationale given sometimes hard to quantify.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Yep. Although I’m to an extent shielded or hedged on the current car with lifetime free supercharging.

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I can see these prices delaying uptake by private car purchasers. EV adoption in the UK is skewed towards company car drivers and company owners due to considerable tax incentives, electricity would have to be considerably higher to affect that market.

Also a factor is that EV owners are generally better off financially and more likely to have off street parking and home charging. I’m locked in to 4.5p per unit at night at the moment.

As an example a 911 GTS would cost me roughly £17,000 a year in extra tax as a company car compared to less than £1000 for a Taycan GTS if my early morning maths are correct.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I can see these prices delaying uptake by private car purchasers. EV adoption in the UK is skewed towards company car drivers and company owners due to considerable tax incentives, electricity would have to be considerably higher to affect that market.

Also a factor is that EV owners are generally better off financially and more likely to have off street parking and home charging. I’m locked in to 4.5p per unit at night at the moment.

As an example a 911 GTS would cost me roughly £17,000 a year in extra tax as a company car compared to less than £1000 for a Taycan GTS if my early morning maths are correct.
Agreed but availability of vehicles is probably a growing / bigger issue with lead times for many brands extending well into next year - logically this will stall the adoption process.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just saw this on the Tesla forum re Gridserve -

(for out of town visitors, Gridserve is a major player in the industry…)

Porsche Taycan can someone in the UK verify this? 22F1F60D-42F8-4313-9030-3ACC916C7DAF

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
It'll happen increasingly, always does (move to diesel...oh no, diesel's bad. Sting. Move to EVs...oh no. Energy security and the govt are getting no tax. Sting).

I would imagine a lot of people getting EVs will either be charging at home or work, so at the moment these sort of prices are largely inconsequential. Until prices at home and work get cranked up.
Sponsored