daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
here are things that are like "not being able to charge at an EA site or Porsche's app's sucking/not-working"
  • sky is blue
  • water is wet
  • rainbow are pretty
  • politicians lie
  • porsche options are expensive
  • Tesla has fan boys
  • death & taxes
  • taxes will go up
  • people will steal your money
  • technology will get cheaper and faster

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
So do you have to enable P&C in the car & on the Charging app, just the car, just the app, some other combination…??

I haven’t need to charge on the road yet, but I’m thinking this weekend I should go to the nearest EA location & try it out to see what happens. Supercharging with the Tesla was never a problem from the word go, but it sounds like I need to go figure it out for the Taycan….

OP
OP
mod72346

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
So do you have to enable P&C in the car & on the Charging app, just the car, just the app, some other combination…??
I only know of PCM -> Car -> Charging -> Dot-dot-dot -> Plug and Charge checkbox.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
The Charging NA app simply won't let me log in - it's stuck in Demo mode, and after logging in just shows "Login required. You are not logged in, so you cannot access this function" - in its typical fashion.

The Porsche Connect app shows all EA stations grayed out, and shows the red banner at the top: "Error when loading E-Stations (error: 233_GR_CM)"

I sent an email to [email protected] and we'll see how they respond. So far, it's been a wild emotional rollercoaster with EV and Taycan, in particular.

Screenshot_20211130-092933_Charging.png

Screenshot_20211130-093252_Connect.png

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Same here. Logged out and doesn't log in again. all stations grayed out. maybe a temporary bug?
I attempted to charge this past Saturday and the EA app jumped to Porsche app that was just spinning. Called EA. They claimed the Porsche APP was down and they were getting reports of other Taycan users unable to charge.

Have had charging issues frequently with EA and having to call to get them to "Turn on" free charging if APP had issues.

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
if it is not the app, it is Electrify America.....stations not starting, limiting to below 50kW due to 'service updates'.....I know there are a lot of us on private message organizing with communications to Electrify America. At this point, there needs to start to be some accountability by the service provider of the charging station....EA.
We all purchased the vehicle with the value proposition that it had the largest charging network outside of Tesla's (it may even be THE largest), however the network and thus the vehicle becomes unusable for travel when the charging stations are not functioning.
Something needs to be done in a coordinated fashion, on behalf of all Taycan owners. Perhaps even a larger cohort of every vehicle that was sold with this subscription included.
If they will not hold themselves accountable, someone has to and this usually only comes to fruition in the form of public suits that drive financial impact....either directly or via the stock price.
If we were at the level of electric cars that the government 'wants' on the roads, we would be a non-functioning society as the network would not be able to support the demand.
Does EA receive government subsidies? If so, it may also be time to get congress involved as the US Tax payer is not getting their money's worth of the public investment.
Sponsored