Can't set up a Homelink

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
My CT 4S is at the shop since Monday. They said all software settings are to right model and all options my Taycan has.

They order a new control unit for the Homelink which was planned to be installed on Wednesday. Service Manager was very supportive and mentioned that they potentially have to involve Germany to find a cure.
Jeeez. Thanks for the update.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Initially I had the same, my Service Advisor gave me the “are you stupid” look. First he said, follow the instructions on the screen. I simply asked “show me”. After 30+min when the Service Advisor was still fumbling around my Sales Rep came by and asked what was going on. So I told him the software was updated now when I try to setup homelink (as it was erased) the Taycan is asking fir a button to be pushed and that the Service Advisor is looking for it to prove me wrong. My Sales Rep immediately said, there are no buttons, only Macan have buttons nowadays. Tue Service A. was then a bit puzzled and now I have to take it in.

We all joked around about though. 😄
You should have demanded that service install the 3 buttons together with the software that they installed which requires them.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Well that is concerning. You seem to have the same version as multiple other people on here that have not reported this Homelink issue. I was planning to get the WPN9 update applied to my car in June but I don't want to if this issue will prevent me from using Homelink.
I've had WPN9 done a while ago, no issues with homelink. Car in the shop now for heater recall, no PCM reprogramming on the to-do list this time. I'd be rather miffed if they applied an update which messed up HomeLink. They should at least revert the firmware to the old version that works until they have a fix.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, obviously it's not great, but the worst part of this whole experience is having to open the center console to get my physical remote!

In the grand scheme of things, this barely registers beyond a mild annoyance.

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S, 1964 Porsche 356, 1973 Porsche
Country flag
Well, obviously it's not great, but the worst part of this whole experience is having to open the center console to get my physical remote!

In the grand scheme of things, this barely registers beyond a mild annoyance.
I have my remote clipped to the sun visor. I could live with it this way indefinitely, but it's not right.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Honestly, if given a choice, I would live with this permanently if forced to choose between fixing this or a recall to fix a dangerously unergonomic center console . . .

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
My 2022 4CT was in for the 2 year service at the end of April. Service Department also performed WNK7, WNW2, WPL8 and WPN9. No changes to homelink and so far is working without issues....

Candreha

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Same happened to mine My 22 after service and PCM programming. Anybody with same issue that got this fixed?
I had these recalls:
WNB4 replaxing movement detector
WNJ8 update to software network VR 19.0.1
WNK7 replace antenna cable plug connectors
WPL8 replace electric passenger compartment

Porsche Taycan Can't set up a Homelink image0

Porsche Taycan Can't set up a Homelink image1

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Same happened to mine My 22 after service and PCM programming. Anybody with same issue that got this fixed?
I had these recalls:
WNB4 replaxing movement detector
WNJ8 update to software network VR 19.0.1
WNK7 replace antenna cable plug connectors
WPL8 replace electric passenger compartment

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg
Actually this looks different to the OP's issue - the Homelink icon on the right of your image isn't showing the 3 button one from the OP's post and there is no option to learn / change to the correct type - use transmitter. Looks like a software package destined for the Macan (not latest model) found its way to the Taycan which is pretty poor if that's the explanation.

OP
OP

BillD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S, 1964 Porsche 356, 1973 Porsche
Country flag
I got a call from the service manager at my dealer (Porsche Reno) and they have acknowledge the problem and are working with PCNA on a solution. Apparently the new Taycans have these buttons and they are updating our older car with the software for the new cars. I am waiting for them to come up with a solution - I assume a version of the software that doesn't need the buttons.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I got a call from the service manager at my dealer (Porsche Reno) and they have acknowledge the problem and are working with PCNA on a solution. Apparently the new Taycans have these buttons and they are updating our older car with the software for the new cars. I am waiting for them to come up with a solution - I assume a version of the software that doesn't need the buttons.
Aha - that now makes more sense rather than the Macan muddle. A quick check on the confuserator now details MY25 Taycans with 3 buttons - sad really, the current implementation is great and no buttons required. Hopefully, the diamond button assignment will still be possible.

They'll have the software but not need to figure a simple way to check the model type / year and apply an 'either / or' to load the correct software package.

Porsche Taycan Can't set up a Homelink 1715786765257-zf

Candreha

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
If this is the case. It is not very professional.
work fine in my22 before thw update. Each car have different options, different equipment E.G. My local dealer is checking now if this is a software issue. One update should fit all😅 in my case it must be after the software update.

Winterfell

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CT 4S
Country flag
Yes, that is what I was told too. I checked the 2025 manual, the buttons are now on the mirror.....similar to the new Panamera. The manual shows a different screen image compared to what I see.
Porsche Taycan Can't set up a Homelink image003

However, maybe it is a mixture of both. A little big of Macan with some sprinkle of 2025 Taycan, and this is what you get. :CWL:

Porsche Taycan Can't set up a Homelink 1716495016084-r4