TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
I've just been out in the rain for the first time and the misting up was ridiculous. We tried every setting we could find and it still wouldn't completely clear. I'm really unimpressed. My Countach demists better and that's not an exaggeration.

And who at Porsche thought the electric vents were a good idea?!? With the vent direction controls hidden in a menu somewhere - Really helpful when you're trying to drive in heavy rain. :facepalm: Technology for technology's sake. What's wrong with some buttons and sliders that you can operate without taking your eyes of the road?

And please can anybody tell me how to direct warm air onto your feet? My passenger spent the entire journey moaning about her cold feet while aggressively poking the screens and telling me what a shit car that Taycan is! ?
Sponsored

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I notice mine does mist up more than other cars but I usually switch the a/c off in cars unless it’s really warm. But I find without the a/c on (ac eco mode) on the car will mist up. With car set to auto and a/c auto it seems to be ok. The other way which works is set individual mode on both sides and set the flow direction to up ( I can’t find an actual demist setting) this works as long as the blower is on at least level 3.

Martinl

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I notice mine does mist up more than other cars but I usually switch the a/c off in cars unless it’s really warm. But I find without the a/c on (ac eco mode) on the car will mist up. With car set to auto and a/c auto it seems to be ok. The other way which works is set individual mode on both sides and set the flow direction to up ( I can’t find an actual demist setting) this works as long as the blower is on at least level 3.
There are demist/clear options for the front and rear windscreens on the lower screen on the top ish left hand side. These are what I use to demist quickly.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
It sounds counter-intuitive, but A/C helps reduce misting (or fogging) of windows. A/C reduces moisture in the air..it is the moisture in the air which condenses on the windows. A/C on and warm temperature will clear up windows faster. Of course, it also uses more battery. Luckily was you get the air dried out, it’s easy to keep ahead of the problem.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
We use the front & rear defrost in an emergency, but for normal use:
• Clean windows (our detailer uses 70% alcohol)
• Normal A/C
• Recirculate inside air
• Manually increase fan (Taycan auto is too low)

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Well, we tried everything on the road. Max. fan speed, cold and warm, every position and after certain time and steady movement of the vents it could be cleared... it’s a mess...

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Well, we tried everything on the road. Max. fan speed, cold and warm, every position and after certain time and steady movement of the vents it could be cleared... it’s a mess...
You may have a leak inside the car or be low on A/C refrigerant. There was a service bulletin about a drain hose leaking inside the car.

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 4S is the same, the misting of the front screen is really bad and the Max demister does a poor job of clearing it. Also, who thought it a good idea to split the vents at the screen and have the centre section with a blanked off area, leaving a screen length section misted up even if either side eventually clears. Using any form of AC demister immediately drops range by 20+ miles
as well.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
My 4S is the same, the misting of the front screen is really bad and the Max demister does a poor job of clearing it. Also, who thought it a good idea to split the vents at the screen and have the centre section with a blanked off area, leaving a screen length section misted up even if either side eventually clears. Using any form of AC demister immediately drops range by 20+ miles
as well.
Maybe this can help if you have not tried it yet.

I believe the center vents in front of the sportcrono clock offer additional ventilation to the upper center portion of the windshield.
(Do not know what the non sprotcrono glare shield looks like similar I believe).
Page 47 US manual.
I am in rain, snow and mountains. Have only had the car 2 months. Temps currently 5 to -5 C.
I had a little misting on the front passenger window a month ago. Adjusted the center vent with this procedure. Have not seen any misting since.

Porsche Taycan Car misting up A593F458-8F7D-4AFE-BA5D-92E19974149B

Last edited:

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you, I’ll have a play around and see what results I get. However, that said, surely the Max Demister option should channel hot air at all sections of the screen, otherwise it’s a simple design flaw?

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Thank you, I’ll have a play around and see what results I get. However, that said, surely the Max Demister option should channel hot air at all sections of the screen, otherwise it’s a simple design flaw?
The Taycan appears to have many foibles, good thing it's pretty :cool:

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
OK, 1 hr cleaning one window... And I thought I was OCD...o_O

Actually, I'm a 'clean freak' when it comes to windows, so I may try this. Seriously though, how many IPA's 'into the body' are we talking here?:rock:
Why'd you think it took an hour? ;)

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Have you tried preparing the windows with some cleaner or anything similar to WD40? ?

Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have you tried preparing the windows with some cleaner or anything similar to WD40? ?
Not yet, as it’s a new phenomenon for me and I was going to exhaust trying to sort the AC/Demister out first, but am willing to try anything.
Sponsored