Wireless CarPlay + iOS 14.6 (post car update)

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
Ever since my car came back from its software update, when I connect to wireless CarPlay, the phone no longer recognises that it isn’t connected to a real Wi-Fi network, and so can no longer use its data. The CarPlay is technically working but I can’t stream songs from apple music or search an address in maps, etc, because it is trying to do so on the wi-if network of the car.
All was fine pre-update. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
if this is happening it would be an iOS 14.6 issues - however my phone is also on iOS 14.6 and works fine with wrieless carplay in my Taycan and Cayenne…

the phone uses “cellular data” for it’s own apps while Carplay monopolizes the wifi - it could be an issue with your cellular data service.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
I had the same problem. If you connect your phone to the WiFi in the car the phone tried to use that for internet. So you need to disconnect from the WiFi

OP
OP
Erez123

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had the same problem. If you connect your phone to the WiFi in the car the phone tried to use that for internet. So you need to disconnect from the WiFi
The problem with that is that is that wireless CarPlay won’t work without the wifi on.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
I’m not having this issue with IOS 14.6 in my car. Try one or both of these two things, first in your iPhone under the settings and cellular, scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and ensure the Wi-Fi Assist is turned on. This makes your phone use cellular for data when WiFi isn’t working well or at all. Second thing to try, delete your phone from your car and delete your car from the Bluetooth settings and then re-pair the two together fresh. Hopefully one of the two there will work for you.

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Ok! I have not have the update yet, but I have had the problem with connecting to the WiFi. I thought my phone was not working, but it was just trying to use the cars internet.

OP
OP
Erez123

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m not having this issue with IOS 14.6 in my car. Try one or both of these two things, first in your iPhone under the settings and cellular, scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and ensure the Wi-Fi Assist is turned on. This makes your phone use cellular for data when WiFi isn’t working well or at all. Second thing to try, delete your phone from your car and delete your car from the Bluetooth settings and then re-pair the two together fresh. Hopefully one of the two there will work for you.
Wi-Fi-assist was on. But I will try deleting the Bluetooth on both and repairing, and see if that fixes things. Thanks.
Sponsored