V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag
I’m obviously biased both are great colour’s as said Carmine does change in different light sometimes quite dark others it just pops but it is a real headturner

Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk 8AC232D2-B5F0-4BCC-BAF0-9CD92F3099E7

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
2nd photo does capture the beige tint well. My neighbour has a Crayon 4S CT and I see it in all lights - it does change especially with our weather but generally has the beige tint but can look white (ish) too.

The Carmine Red photos above also aren't an accurate 'real-life' representation and look quite different (to my eyes at any rate) - again the camera play's tricks and makes it look like the colour is Guards Red (traditional Porsche red) when it is actually poles apart.

As long as we're all happy with out colour choices that's the main thing.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I considered Carmine Red, but thought it might be a little showy or garish. Now having seen several real life examples I don't think it comes off that way at all. If anything it's a bit mundane, a bit like any other red car on the road. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you don't want that much attention drawn to your Porsche. Crayon on the other hand kind of looks like someone forgot to paint over the primer. At least it makes any other bits of colour (e.g. brake calipers or interior) pop that much more.
I really cannot agree with that given how I stop the traffic and the amount of time Satan's Chariot of Death turns heads.

ruartur

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla X
Country flag
Here is a Carmine Red GTS parked at my local dealer. I was considering this color but I am glad I went with white. It’s too much red on such a big car.

Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk 7A0532F9-9AB4-4E2C-ACC9-FFD8DBFA91A6

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Carmine Red. It's a beautiful Ferrari red. No camera trickery. This is the colour to your eyes. Get crayon chalk if you want your Porsche to look like every other Porsche.
IMG_20220701_114551.jpg

IMG_20220701_114312.jpg

IMG_20220701_114335.jpg

IMG_20220701_114345.jpg

IMG_20220701_114446.jpg

IMG_20220701_114504.jpg

IMG_20220701_132634.jpg
Was waiting to see Satan's Chariot 😂

The only thing I am unwavered on since dropping my deposit is colour: CR.

Second choice is Crayon, but then it doesn't seem to work as well on the ST as it does the saloon. However, I think it looks best on the CT as it contrasts so nicely with the cladding.

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
See profile picture
Buy a red toy Taycan for your children!
Both are very cool though

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi everyone,

I have deposit on Taycan RWD which is due to be built in October. I've changed the colour 5 times now🤦 It's currently being built in Carmine Red but I keep going back and forth between that and Crayon. If anyone has real life photos of either could they post them as you know they can look different in showroom. Would appreciate the help!
There was a Carmine red Taycan Cross Turismo in Porsche centre Dublin up to 3 weeks ago. See attached. Amazing in real life!
Porsche Taycan Carmine Red or Crayon/Chalk 8B939604-D374-47A5-AAEC-A34109F37002

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yep but mind the car is in a showroom under bright lighting plus the photo is over saturated. Typical Irish weather suggests it won't be that bright in the outdoors for most of the year.

I have been tempted with CR but each time I see one in the outdoors it always reaffirms my original thinking.

OP
OP
Frankhy

Frankhy

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E Tron
Country flag
There was a Carmine red Taycan Cross Turismo in Porsche centre Dublin up to 3 weeks ago. See attached. Amazing in real life!
8B939604-D374-47A5-AAEC-A34109F37002.jpeg
Yeah I've seen this up there! I'm going to stick with the Carmine Red I've finally settled on it now!!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
8B939604-D374-47A5-AAEC-A34109F37002.jpeg
I don't like CR on the CT, but I think it's one of the best colours on the ST.

It clashes too much with the cladding imo and looks like a Hot Wheels car.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep but mind the car is in a showroom under bright lighting plus the photo is over saturated. Typical Irish weather suggests it won't be that bright in the outdoors for most of the year.

I have been tempted with CR but each time I see one in the outdoors it always reaffirms my original thinking.
I think it needs PPF and ceramic, otherwise a thin layer of dust or rain residue and it really dulls the colour in overcast conditions.

From what I've seen on the roads and in multiple countries, cr is popular with the Macan in particular.

That customer profile and Porsche model is probably the least likely to get PPF and ceramic.