CarPlay wifi ?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The question is if there was any hw added in 2021 to support the communications. I hope not.
in the charging NA app, it says plug and charge is enabled for my car and In Speaking with EA, they said they just have begun the rollout so hopefully only a matter of time
Sponsored

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
So I quick update, I just confirmed that the car2play adapter works, hooray! also they are running a black Friday $99 sale right now if anyone’s interested.

Will test and report the other brand when I get it on Sunday

rma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cayenne e hybrid, urus, huracan evo
Country flag
Yup my one works as well carlinkit v2.0 (the one with the usb c detacheable cable)

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
I took the plunge and ordered GarlinKit Carlink 2.0

it arrived this evening fromAmazon, initially nothing came up when I connected to the 2020 Taycan so I connected it to another vehicle which worked and then downloaded firmware 2020.11.10.2137

it then connected fine to the Taycan.

1st impressions is that it works fine but any questions then just post and I’ll try to answer.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I took the plunge and ordered GarlinKit Carlink 2.0

it arrived this evening fromAmazon, initially nothing came up when I connected to the 2020 Taycan so I connected it to another vehicle which worked and then downloaded firmware 2020.11.10.2137

it then connected fine to the Taycan.

1st impressions is that it works fine but any questions then just post and I’ll try to answer.
If you don’t have a car to plug into I believe you can also update Via the USB port.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you don’t have a car to plug into I believe you can also update Via the USB port.
yep, tried that @epirali but I could not find that particular firmware when searching only version 2020.10.28.1251 which I applied via usb and it did not seem to work with the Taycan.

I think if you flash 2137 from either usb or manually then all good.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Can anyone help with the cplay2air adapter? I can't get it to work. I got the Carlinkit one (it actually looks like it says "Garlinkit" on it). Under that, it says "CPC200-U2W Plus". The manual that came with it says "Car OEM Wired Carplay to Wireless Carplay". My understanding is that you need to update the firmware. Although the documentation is useless and barely legible, I was able to update the firmware after some googling. Among other undocumented steps to update it, I needed to use the undocumented password 12345678 to connect to the undocumented wifi SSID of "Volkswagen95". After which the SSID became AutoBox-582f. Huh?

Anyway, so now I have the firmware at VER: 2020.11.10.2137

The issue is when I plug the dongle into the USB-C port in my Taycan. Nothing happens. The red light on the dongle doesn't light up like it does when I plug it into a wall adapter. Should it? And I don't see it either under bluetooth or Wifi on my phone.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Can anyone help with the cplay2air adapter? I can't get it to work. I got the Carlinkit one (it actually looks like it says "Garlinkit" on it). Under that, it says "CPC200-U2W Plus". The manual that came with it says "Car OEM Wired Carplay to Wireless Carplay". My understanding is that you need to update the firmware. Although the documentation is useless and barely legible, I was able to update the firmware after some googling. Among other undocumented steps to update it, I needed to use the undocumented password 12345678 to connect to the undocumented wifi SSID of "Volkswagen95". After which the SSID became AutoBox-582f. Huh?

Anyway, so now I have the firmware at VER: 2020.11.10.2137

The issue is when I plug the dongle into the USB-C port in my Taycan. Nothing happens. The red light on the dongle doesn't light up like it does when I plug it into a wall adapter. Should it? And I don't see it either under bluetooth or Wifi on my phone.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
Are you using a USB-C to C cable? It will only work with supplied USB-C to A cable along with a USB-A to C adapter.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Are you using a USB-C to C cable? It will only work with supplied USB-C to A cable along with a USB-A to C adapter.
I am using the supplied c to a cable. I have the A end plugged into the dongle and the C end going to the car.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I am using the supplied c to a cable. I have the A end plugged into the dongle and the C end going to the car.
That’s why it doesn’t work. The output from the device is from the USB-C port.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag