CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sheila (My 4S) is in for her update and they’ve kindly given me a new Cayman as a courtesy car (it only had 32 miles on the clock). It clearly is a pretty little sporty-looking car
My observations:
It has much harder suspension, particularly noticeable going over an unmarked ramp in a road.
It feels much more jittery than the 4S and doesn’t hold bends as well as my 4S
The acceleration has a noticeable lag before it kicks in
The noise is loud when accelerating and it sounds like you are going much faster than you actually are
I am clearly used to the silence of the 4S now as I found the background drone to be annoying.
Not a lot of legroom or any room.
I’m used to the media screen on the 4S

The 4S would be my car of choice between the two of them, by a country mile. It has been an interesting experience driving the Cayman. The 4S wins though.

what are others views?
Sponsored

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Prior to getting my Taycan, I owned a 2014 Cayman S (6 cylinder; NOT a turbo 4). It was a superb car with handling that was amazing. A little low on torque at the low end - but genuinely fast car. If it had a backseat, I would take it over my Taycan..but mid-engine cars don't support rear seats very well. I consider the Cayman a genuine sports car and the Taycan a wonderful Grand Touring car (with a good torquey kick!)

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Prior to getting my Taycan, I owned a 2014 Cayman S (6 cylinder; NOT a turbo 4). It was a superb car with handling that was amazing. A little low on torque at the low end - but genuinely fast car. If it had a backseat, I would take it over my Taycan..but mid-engine cars don't support rear seats very well. I consider the Cayman a genuine sports car and the Taycan a wonderful Grand Touring car (with a good torquey kick!)
I drove that same model and my god I gotta admit it is such an amazing car. From then on I understood why people like Chris Harris just love the Cayman. I wonder how the GT4 must feel like.

cars97

First Name
nonexist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a car
Country flag
Sheila (My 4S) is in for her update and they’ve kindly given me a new Cayman as a courtesy car (it only had 32 miles on the clock). It clearly is a pretty little sporty-looking car
My observations:
It has much harder suspension, particularly noticeable going over an unmarked ramp in a road.
It feels much more jittery than the 4S and doesn’t hold bends as well as my 4S
The acceleration has a noticeable lag before it kicks in
The noise is loud when accelerating and it sounds like you are going much faster than you actually are
I am clearly used to the silence of the 4S now as I found the background drone to be annoying.
Not a lot of legroom or any room.
I’m used to the media screen on the 4S

The 4S would be my car of choice between the two of them, by a country mile. It has been an interesting experience driving the Cayman. The 4S wins though.

what are others views?
The always say base turbo Caymans are the only cars in the world that sound worse than a Subaru.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You need to try the 4.0 GTS (no turbo) version to be converted back. The 4 cylinder engines sound awful. I have the 3.2 Boxster S (6 cyl, no turbo) and owned since new (2012) - that's how good it is.

Porsche did not have a Scooby-Do when they went off piste and introduced the 4-cyl turbo models. It took several years of customer moaning and criticism from the motoring press and hey presto we have non-turbo choices once again. Porsche remain in denial and will keep the 4 cyl going using "the Chinese" market as their excuse.

My Taycan would eat my Boxster for breakfast but that's not the point.
Sponsored