Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Under door courtesy lights are only if you have "ambient light".
Otherwise, you are getting only lights under mirrors.
(Edit: maybe 4S has different standards, I have base CT4.)
I didn't select ambient light, since I prefer dark in the cabin, but I'm missing more lights outside, when exiting the car.... my bad, my mistake... dealer didn't warn me...
You're correct. I just checked and the standard spec for the 4S includes ambient lighting and thus the puddle lamps under the doors. On the base 4/CT4 the $500 ambient lighting option is required to get the lamps.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61

WilderAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
You're correct. I just checked and the standard spec for the 4S includes ambient lighting and thus the puddle lamps under the doors. On the base 4/CT4 the $500 ambient lighting option is required to get the lamps.
If you order the base 4/CT4 with the Premium Package that includes ambient lighting will the vehicle come with the puddle lights?

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
If you order the base 4/CT4 with the Premium Package that includes ambient lighting will the vehicle come with the puddle lights?
Yes, since ambient lighting is part of Premium you can get the puddle lights that way too.

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
Ahh man. I had trouble figuring out if that was the case or not, so ended up going with the Porsche puddle lights to make sure there was good visibility of the ground getting out, as I live in a more rural (and rainy) area…even though I personally find projecting the logo pretty corny and unimpressive …now I realize I could have skipped it! Poor research on my part I suppose! ??‍♂
The ‘Porsche’ logo is probably just an insert that you can remove. The puddle lights just unclip. I purchased some logo lights on eBay after recommendations on here. I was hoping to install in my RWD, but there’s no puddle lights, or wiring loom! The lights came with three options of Porsche logo: Letters, Letters plus emblem in white, emblem in gold. It was just a small disk/slide (1cm or so across) which contained the projected image. Otherwise it was just a white light!

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
The ‘Porsche’ logo is probably just an insert that you can remove. The puddle lights just unclip. I purchased some logo lights on eBay after recommendations on here. I was hoping to install in my RWD, but there’s no puddle lights, or wiring loom! The lights came with three options of Porsche logo: Letters, Letters plus emblem in white, emblem in gold. It was just a small disk/slide (1cm or so across) which contained the projected image. Otherwise it was just a white light!
Yea that’s a good option! Thanks for that, I appreciate it!! ??

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
Ahh man. I had trouble figuring out if that was the case or not, so ended up going with the Porsche puddle lights to make sure there was good visibility of the ground getting out, as I live in a more rural (and rainy) area…even though I personally find projecting the logo pretty corny and unimpressive …now I realize I could have skipped it! Poor research on my part I suppose! ??‍♂
https://pimpmyev.com/collections/porsche. There is still hope, thanks to Pimp My EV! You can create your own less (or perhaps more) corny projections from your puddle lights with custom lenses, and, there are some good installation threads on this forum for replacing puddle lights.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
https://pimpmyev.com/collections/porsche. There is still hope, thanks to Pimp My EV! You can create your own less (or perhaps more) corny projections from your puddle lights with custom lenses, and, there are some good installation threads on this forum for replacing puddle lights.
Ha! Thanks…more corny projections, here I come! Time to get creative. :)

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
As I said, my mistake and it's not possible to add them later, so I'll have to live with that (#1st world) problem ;)
Are you sure? It might not be straightforward, but things like this are almost always possible, might take some tinkering/retrofitting.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Are you sure? It might not be straightforward, but things like this are almost always possible, might take some tinkering/retrofitting.
Well, I asked my dealer, he said "unfortunately not possible", so I gave up.
I guess that there should be looooots of work (to set all wires, including control units etc) so it's probably easier to say "no" than try to find a solution and make an offer?

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I installed these on my Cayenne and Macan and it was super simple. 30 seconds. Pop off, disconnect, reconnect, pop in.
No screws...no bulbs...just the one piece swap out.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
They will not come with the "Porsche" puddle lights. My RWD with premium/tech came with standard puddle lights; which I think come standard on all models.
Sponsored