Charged half the battery capacity in 12 minutes ! Anybody can beat it ?

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
As you can see I have charged 45kw in 12 minutes which is 225kw/h average rate. :clap:

Porsche Taycan Charged half the battery capacity in 12 minutes !  Anybody can beat it ? IMG_1662
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I saw a peak of 270 kW at an Electrify America 350 kW station three weeks ago. Charged from 0% (yes 0%) and was only there 18 minutes -> 32 kWh. Not quite as good as your results (only 106 kWh). My car didn't pre-heat the battery since the expected SOC at arrival was so low - so it started lower and ramped up to 270. 18 minutes was plenty to make a bathroom break and grab a quick snack.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I saw 263kw for a quite a while until I reached just over 30%… did preheat at all my fast charges and works beautifully.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I did the following this past weekend in Willows, CA

84% SOC gained in 29 minutes - when EA works and the Taycan works - it's the fast charging production EV available on the North American market right now - and way way way faster than I ever saw on my Tesla's in 8 years of supercharger.

Porsche Taycan Charged half the battery capacity in 12 minutes !  Anybody can beat it ? Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 11.52.06 AM

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

TycanNewHampshire

First Name
TG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan 4S
Country flag
with optimal battery temperature and pre-heat/cool, does anyone know at what state of charge the maximum the car will draw drops below 150kW? Doesn't have to be exact, just a round 5% would be helpful.

Reason I ask, I am just trying to determine if I am stopping to top-up at an EA station, if I am above x-%, I will know that it won't matter if I plug in with a 150kW vs. the 350kW plug. This way, I can be courteous and keep the 350kW plugs available if someone pulls up and wants to get a fast-charge and is in a position to benefit from the extra power ability.

I will keep an eye out for the magic 267 number and snap a picture if I ever am in a position to break it! Cool thread and will be interesting to see if this increases over time with updates.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
with optimal battery temperature and pre-heat/cool, does anyone know at what state of charge the maximum the car will draw drops below 150kW? Doesn't have to be exact, just a round 5% would be helpful.

Reason I ask, I am just trying to determine if I am stopping to top-up at an EA station, if I am above x-%, I will know that it won't matter if I plug in with a 150kW vs. the 350kW plug. This way, I can be courteous and keep the 350kW plugs available if someone pulls up and wants to get a fast-charge and is in a position to benefit from the extra power ability.

I will keep an eye out for the magic 267 number and snap a picture if I ever am in a position to break it! Cool thread and will be interesting to see if this increases over time with updates.
Porsche Taycan Charged half the battery capacity in 12 minutes !  Anybody can beat it ? 1633154462993

I have only seen 263 kW as Max, but this graph shows up to 67% or so is above 150 kW.

I have seen very similar performance at both the Ionity stations and BP Aral pulse 300 kW charger. Most impressed by Ionity where this performance was seen. Even when three cars were charging at a 4 stall station.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
1633154462993.png

I have only seen 263 kW as Max, but this graph shows up to 67% or so is above 150 kW.

I have seen very similar performance at both the Ionity stations and BP Aral pulse 300 kW charger. Most impressed by Ionity where this performance was seen. Even when three cars were charging at a 4 stall station.
those graphics are incorrect, as you can see on my picture above.
those,are,used with the input from before from factory or importer, but not correct.
i can charge untill 65-70% above 200kw/h then it f
drops to around 160kw and from 85% around 106kw.
if you charge at an 800V charger with up to 350 kw.
if you charge a,d push the brake pedal, you can even charge up to 290 kw, under the right conditions. Not even known by some importers from Porsche.
so don’t use the graphics , it’s a, indication based on wrong information, you have others too, but also incorrect. Old information .

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag

You can go up to charge at 290 kw if you push down the brake pedal under certain conditions.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Impressive charging speeds. This is still my record. 64kWh in 20 minutes. Of all the Electrify America locations I have used in Colorado, Kansas, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada, California, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Texass, this stop in Trinidad, CO was my fastest.

Porsche Taycan Charged half the battery capacity in 12 minutes !  Anybody can beat it ? IMG_0662

Kortin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
That's really cool! I was choosing between Porsche Taycan and Tesla Model 3 and couldn't make a choice. I decided to buy Tesla and see whether it's worth it. For now, I am absolutely satisfied with my choice but I am sure I'll buy Taycan soon. By the way, if you need to figure out all the details about charging, see a calculator here. I use it all the time.

Last edited:

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Hello Alex,
You can go up to charge at 290 kw if you push down the brake pedal under certain conditions.
Are you sure about that? I never heard that rumour before. Did you personally try it? It sounds like a nice hack, almost too good to be true ;-).

Cheers,
Henrik

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Hello Alex,

Are you sure about that? I never heard that rumour before. Did you personally try it? It sounds like a nice hack, almost too good to be true ;-).

Cheers,
Henrik
Hi Henrick,
yes you can do this.
i’m at close contact with them and nobody was aware of this. Also they(porsche) always hide behind the curves of fastned or evdatabase.i have showed them pics and videos of charging at high speed even too 75% battery.
after driving a lot of taycans , it depends sometimes on the software.
but yes do try this.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Glad this thread came up again. I had an amazing charging session last Thursday at the same location where I had my phenomenal previous charging session.

I am not sure what it is about the Trinidad, Colorado location but I set my new record for how much much I have charged in a 20 minute span. I did 63kwH in 20 minutes previously. This time I hit 65kwh in 20 minutes.

When the chargers work as designed, charing the car at this speed makes road tripping a breeze.

Porsche Taycan Charged half the battery capacity in 12 minutes !  Anybody can beat it ? IMG_1613
Sponsored