ChargePoint HomeFlex Charger with 2022 Taycan

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS- 2021 Macan GTS
Country flag
Like other Porsche EV owner who bought a Porsche Level 2 mobile charge we are now limited (unadjustable) to 20AMPs. I have read most all of the forum posting about this issue.
I am hoping to hear from anyone who is successfully using (after the major ANA 6 recall) a Charge Point Home Flex charge with a Taycan 2022 base model and obtaining greater than 20 AMP (like 32AMPS) on a 240V 40amp curcuit.
It is time to find another solution because Porsche is sure not going to fix this problem any time soon.
Thanks
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
there is no reason to expect it not to work just fine at 32 amps on a 40 amp breaker - I do know of forum members using Chargepoint Flex both at 32 and 40 amps (40 amp 50 amp breakers respectively)

I would be deeply surprised if you had any issues with this EVSE.

OP
OP
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
there is no reason to expect it not to work just fine at 32 amps on a 40 amp breaker - I do know of forum members using Chargepoint Flex both at 32 and 40 amps (40 amp 50 amp breakers respectively)

I would be deeply surprised if you had any issues with this EVSE.
Thanks. The Model No is not listed in the Charge Point drop down so I am just seeking comfirmation from someone that the software can speak to a Taycan

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Thanks. The Model No is not listed in the Charge Point drop down so I am just seeking comfirmation from someone that the software can speak to a Taycan
EVSE's are vehicle agnostic by design - they are supposed to charge _ANY_ EV - it's the exception that they don't work, not the rule.

they all follow a published standard for North America called SAE J-1772 - this standard and auto makers support of it, is why you can expect your Taycan (or other EV) to charge at public charging stations while away from your home charger, and is the exact same standard used at home or in public for charging an EV…

J-1772 covers L1/L2 AC charging from 8-80 amps for 120V/240 volt AC power
another standard covers the FastDC Charging at 400/800V from 10 kw to 350 kW

your Taycan (and other EVs) conform and are compatible with these well understood and published EV standards

the default assumption is that 99% of EVSE's (like the charge point) will charge 99% of the EV's - and if you find an EVSE/EV that do not work together - it would be likely the vendors would be willing to investigate and resolve any incompatibility…

it should work just fine.

OP
OP
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
EVSE's are vehicle agnostic by design - they are supposed to charge _ANY_ EV - it's the exception that they don't work, not the rule.

they all follow a published standard for North America called SAE J-1772 - this standard and auto makers support of it, is why you can expect your Taycan (or other EV) to charge at public charging stations while away from your home charger, and is the exact same standard used at home or in public for charging an EV…

J-1772 covers L1/L2 AC charging from 8-80 amps for 120V/240 volt AC power
another standard covers the FastDC Charging at 400/800V from 10 kw to 350 kW

your Taycan (and other EVs) conform and are compatible with these well understood and published EV standards

the default assumption is that 99% of EVSE's (like the charge point) will charge 99% of the EV's - and if you find an EVSE/EV that do not work together - it would be likely the vendors would be willing to investigate and resolve any incompatibility…

it should work just fine.
Thanks very much

Sushivore

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a ChargePoint Flex and am very happy with it. So does my son and two of my neighbors. I have never had an issue charging the Taycan, or any other vehicle (this is our 6th EV).

I am very pleased with the ChargePoint product.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Mine works just fine. I replaced my Juicebox with one a couple of months ago and could not be happier. The app has enough functionality to get what you need out of it, so if you are thinking of installing one in your garage, I would recommend it.

Porsche Taycan ChargePoint HomeFlex Charger with 2022 Taycan image000000

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
I have a ChargePoint, 50 amp circuit, get 40 amps for charging.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
We have a charge point, the drop down is just to estimate the eMPG/stats in the app, it really has nothing to do with the charger and the car.

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Thanks to Dave and other forum members, I have only used ChargePoint Flex for my home charging @40A with 50A breaker (Taycan 4S with PB+). Works like a charm everytime. My Porsche Mobile Charger is still sitting on the shelf in its original shrink wrap packaging.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Like other Porsche EV owner who bought a Porsche Level 2 mobile charge we are now limited (unadjustable) to 20AMPs. I have read most all of the forum posting about this issue.
I am hoping to hear from anyone who is successfully using (after the major ANA 6 recall) a Charge Point Home Flex charge with a Taycan 2022 base model and obtaining greater than 20 AMP (like 32AMPS) on a 240V 40amp curcuit.
It is time to find another solution because Porsche is sure not going to fix this problem any time soon.
Thanks
The 20A new default setting on the PMCC impacting North America is user adjustable to 40A but be mindful of the reasons for making the default 20A (overheating concerns). If you adjust it will reset back to the default after charging.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
I have both a ChargePoint Home Flex EVSE and an Autel MaxiCharger EVSE in the garage. Both work perfectly with our 2022 Taycan.

The Autel is definitely cheaper in price (especially with an Amazon Lightning Deal) and can connect with bluetooth, Wi-Fi and ethernet.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
ChargePoint Home Flex hard wired to 60A breaker - get a steady 10.5kW to the car (full 11kW at unit) - WiFi & app all excellent and have had absolutely zero issues in regular use for almost a year now. Great EVSE but no doubt has gotten somewhat pricier since I purchased mine in Sept 2021.

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine works just fine. I replaced my Juicebox with one a couple of months ago and could not be happier. The app has enough functionality to get what you need out of it, so if you are thinking of installing one in your garage, I would recommend it.
Why'd you replace the JuiceBox?

Trogdors_Peasant

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2022 AMG SL63
Country flag
We have a ChargePoint flex and love it. It’s a small detail, but the car side plug seems easier to use than other chargers. We tried a few different evse’s at friends houses and found the weight being slightly heavier while being more compact, and the cord flexibility and handle shape to be more enjoyable (for us) to plug in daily.

It’s a minor detail, but makes a difference.

It’s also an extremely easy EVSE to hardwire and avoid the potential issues with a plug and some of the code requirements for GFCI for said plug.
Sponsored