T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
Can I ask what members experiences are with charging at dealers around the UK.

My nephew bought a Taycan 4S from Porsche Wolverhampton 2 months ago. As he lives in Central London charging is a problem so he has been charging at Porsche West London. Today he received a billing statement and was surprused to see they are charging 61p per KWh!!

I think thats pretty shocking considering when my Taycan RWD arrives early next year, I will be able to charge at home for 15p per KWh. I understand some around the country have off peak rates of 5p per KWh.

Whilst Porsche West London may not want to be as low as 5p or 15p....61p is a disgrace.
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

My nephew bought a Taycan 4S from Porsche Wolverhampton 2 months ago. As he lives in Central London charging is a problem so he has been charging at Porsche West London. Today he received a billing statement and was surprused to see they are charging 61p per KWh!!

I think thats pretty shocking considering when my Taycan RWD arrives early next year, I will be able to charge at home for 15p per KWh. I understand some around the country have off peak rates of 5p per KWh.

Whilst Porsche West London may not want to be as low as 5p or 15p....61p is a disgrace.
The answers are at the end of this thread....

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/cheap-mod-for-aero-s-wheels.5462/

Here are the posts of interest :

Porsche OPC chargers are (or should be, I believe) 30p per kWh and additionally 44p per minute. I’ll stick to IONITY thanks…
free" to use at OPC's I've used with Porsche Charging Service membership /card (came with my Taycan for 3 years ) but charges apply as below (they are remarkable quick to charge and very easy to use) get sent an invoice each month

Energy fee 0.2583 GBP/kWh +vat
Service fee 0.3667 GBP/Min +vat

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Here is the official Porsche charging fees. It is a pity that Porsche here in Europe do not highlight this to all new owners. This table is on their website

Porsche Taycan Charging at UK Dealers 05AB1968-6F3E-42CB-ACC1-3524B350C349

Fees as stated on earlier post.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Not really shocking that any business would charge more than the available Domestic rate for two reasons.
Firstly, commercial electricity rates are higher than domestic rates.
Secondly they are a business, businesses are in the business of making profit.

OP
OP
T4YC4N

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
Not really shocking that any business would charge more than the available Domestic rate for two reasons.
Firstly, commercial electricity rates are higher than domestic rates.
Secondly they are a business, businesses are in the business of making profit.
Yes they are a business but the rates they are charging out at go beyond the levels reasonableness.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Don’t use it then, but infrastructure costs have to be recouped, maintenance, free coffee and tea for visitors etc. if you don’t want to pay for that then use the other providers at 40 - 45p and save a whole load of cash to then spend on your coffee whilst charging.
But guess you don’t buy Coffee as you can make it at home for less…….

Last edited:

gdavison

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne E-Hybrid, Boxster GTS
Country flag
Yes they are a business but the rates they are charging out at go beyond the levels reasonableness.
Have you seen the rates they charge for servicing yet ? Their rates have steadily been getting "silly" for years, I had my Cayenne Hybrid serviced yesterday (its first 2year intermediate) and it was £1,000 for what is effectively an oil change and brake fluid change. Hopefully my Taycan CT gets delieved before the next "full" service in 2 years time :fingerscrossed:

Porsche are not cheap for anything

OP
OP
T4YC4N

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
The answers are at the end of this thread....

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/cheap-mod-for-aero-s-wheels.5462/

Here are the posts of interest :
Don’t use it then, but infrastructure costs have to be recouped, maintenance, free coffee and tea for visitors etc. if you don’t want to pay for that then use the other providers at 40 - 45p and save a whole load of cash to then spend on your coffee whilst charging.
You should check your blood pressure, sounds like it’s a little high. We come onto the forum to discuss and share, not to argue. Take a chill pill.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Are IONITY still billing Porsche card holders 31p/kw or has the rate increased ?‍♂

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Are IONITY still billing Porsche card holders 31p/kw or has the rate increased ?‍♂
I received my bill for the month of November yesterday, and the Ionity rate in France, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark had not changed. Still the same rates as per the table above.

All other rates from other providers were also the same, Allego, EnBW, has-to-be etc. No change then at least.

Go and check the official rates on the Porsche website

edited
sorry forgot the link
https://connect-store2.porsche.com/...kwMTEzMmVjMTQwZWVlZjJhNGY3NTIyODExOWM2MzQxZmY

Last edited:

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You should check your blood pressure, sounds like it’s a little high. We come onto the forum to discuss and share, not to argue. Take a chill pill.
Was that response for me?

I take the time to respond to your initial (angry) post in a simple matter of fact way.

No thanks....get this response instead. :confused:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Porsche are not cheap for anything
This is very true!

The Taycan is their first car I have actually felt was worth what they charge, having considering a Porsche many times since 1970!

OP
OP
T4YC4N

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
Was that response for me?

I take the time to respond to your initial (angry) post in a simple matter of fact way.

No thanks....get this response instead. :confused:
Most certainly not for you.... I pressed your quote my mistake so my sincere apologies. It was the reply from the other member asking if I make my coffee at home because its cheaper, that I found rather rude. Your response was most appreciated!!

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
£0.16 higher rate than most networks being worth a “Disgrace “, really, having just bought a Porsche, get over yourself fella……..

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag

I thought that Ionity and the dealers rate was 61p, unless you had the Porsche RFID charge card, in which it came in at 30pp unit - about 10ppm mile. I used Ionity in Maidstone yesterday, but haven't yet seen the charge come through to confirm this.
The Octopus tariff has a 5pp unit charge from 12.30-04.30am
Sponsored